Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maltese Falcon

Florio: Falcons Going After Orakpo

254 posts in this topic

If we sign Orakpo, how I feel about the signing will largely depend on how much money we're paying him.

I think it could be a really good signing as long as the price is right. Pairing him with a rookie edge rusher like Ray/Beasley/Fowler would be a nice 1-2 punch.

The 0.5 sacks in 7 games stat worries me. Hopefully the Redskins just re-sign him

The Hawks should have gotten rid of Horford... smile.png

I knew this was coming. Lol

thank you. Like i said hypocrisy

Nope, you and I talked a lot. I'm not on the Gurley train anymore.

Fact is, you reminded me of Al Blades and all of those Blades boys. i was in the Navy with a Blades too.

The Hawks should have gotten rid of Horford... :)

Same injury different game.I would imagine football puts quite a bit more pressure on your pecs.

Nope, you and I talked a lot. I'm not on the Gurley train anymore.

Fact is, you reminded me of Al Blades and all of those Blades boys. i was in the Navy with a Blades too.

his son just got an offer from Miami. He is a freshman. All those Blades boys was fierce. But Al might have been the toughest. He was the one that started the fight against UF on Bourbon street before the Sugar Bowl

U off the Gurley train?!?!?!?!?!?!? Say it ain't so

Hey, I was pretty much off the Gurley train too, until this afternoon when I was watching Beasley highlights and they showed him vs the Bulldogs. Gurley was just running all over that tough Clemson defense and Beasley was basically a non-factor, despite the fact it was supposedly his "highlights." So...back on da G-train!

Hey, I was pretty much off the Gurley train too, until this afternoon when I was watching Beasley highlights and they showed him vs the Bulldogs. Gurley was just running all over that tough Clemson defense and Beasley was basically a non-factor, despite the fact it was supposedly his "highlights." So...back on da G-train!

I know what you're talking about. I think that's the tape they use on draftbreakdown.com. It's not a highlight but I do remember Gurley running through multiple tackles and also beating Beasley and Anthony around the edge for a long TD run.

I understand the injury concerns especially given our history but that is a beast in the same mold of Adrian Peterson, of whom was also oft injured and much more than Gurley.

PokerSteve likes this

Didn't this clown say the league was gonna come down on us on Friday

Huge grain of salt.

did i miss the part that said Falcons were absolved from punishment from #noisegate?

egoprime II likes this

his son just got an offer from Miami. He is a freshman. All those Blades boys was fierce. But Al might have been the toughest. He was the one that started the fight against UF on Bourbon street before the Sugar Bowl

Man, you can't say you played safety past HS and not know about Miami's all world DB's back in those days bro. I was ahuge fan of those boys. I told you a long time ago I root for the Canes. Man, I was huge on Adkins bro. I just thought that speed...man, I don't know what happened. Strong, fast, etc...

Let's sign all the injury prone players we can...

for real.....let's sign them to the longest contracts possible as well. Now the urgency to resign Sean Weatherspoon makes sense. Third in line - Mike Johnson!

Also this just in....Falcons bringing back Peria Jerry out of retirement.

did i miss the part that said Falcons were absolved from punishment from #noisegate?

It's not bold to predict a punishment as a result of cheating. Nor does it take sources.

Was waiting at 5 PM EST Friday like the article said. Nothing. Maybe it'll happen this Friday. shrug.001.gif

Man, you can't say you played safety past HS and not know about Miami's all world DB's back in those days bro. I was ahuge fan of those boys. I told you a long time ago I root for the Canes. Man, I was huge on Adkins bro. I just thought that speed...man, I don't know what happened. Strong, fast, etc...

Adkins just never did anything at Miami. But he had speed. Going to make me go look up some Al Blades highlights now

Yes, the board would implode. But that has been Standard Operation Procedure. LOL. It is a gamble, for sure. I guess I'm more of an optimist.

you should not be....Falcons are cursed w/ injuries - no sense helping the curse along by signing injury prone players.

egoprime II likes this

It's one thing to sign an injury-prone player, it's another a player who has gone on IR 3 years in the last 4 years with the exact same injury. This is not bad luck anymore; at this rate it's extreme luck if he finishes a season. Anything more than 4M/yr is just throwing money out.

Knight of God likes this

Adkins just never did anything at Miami. But he had speed. Going to make me go look up some Al Blades highlights now

He wasn't awesome or anything, but man...

It's not bold to predict a punishment as a result of cheating. Nor does it take sources.

Was waiting at 5 PM EST Friday like the article said. Nothing. Maybe it'll happen this Friday. shrug.001.gif

let's not worry about the exact time that notification comes out - PFT said it would be a significant draft pick - at the time, no one else was saying this. Let's see if Florio is right or wrong. Dayum bro, did Florio steal your girlfriend or sumthin'?

I don't get the Florio hate - he prints rumors but I don't think he makes the rumors up - he also accumulates all the twitter universe and makes headlines that way as well - a lot of his stuff comes from other outlets - it is an accumlation of NFL info.. rumor and speculation - there is room for that - and it is welcome.

egoprime II likes this

let's not worry about the exact time that notification comes out - PFT said it would be a significant draft pick - at the time, no one else was saying this. Let's see if Florio is right or wrong. Dayum bro, did Florio steal your girlfriend or sumthin'?

I don't get the Florio hate - he prints rumors but I don't think he makes the rumors up - he also accumulates all the twitter universe and makes headlines that way as well - a lot of his stuff comes from other outlets - it is an accumlation of NFL info.. rumor and speculation - there is room for that - and it is welcome.

This checks out bro.

atljbo likes this