Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maltese Falcon

Florio: Falcons Going After Orakpo

254 posts in this topic

Unless you make him unhappy, then he apparently gets 0.5 sacks. Sounds like a winner.

So you've worked flawlessly through every situation ever at your job?

If so, then you are a lucky person and I applaud you.

I've been at my job a decade and for the 1st time last year I was in a situation where I didn't want to come to work. I worked and got by but I wasn't as good as I can be and part of that was dealing with bad management, my mother-in-law being diagnosed with beast cancer and other things.

I thought I was immune too but things happen. I'll be shocked to find someone who has worked a while to not go through anything like that at some point. I don't think anybody should underestimate how bad management and whatever other personal stuff that may or may not have been going on can affect you.

I've been at my job a decade and for the 1st time last year I was in a situation where I didn't want to come to work. I worked and got by but I wasn't as good as I can be and part of that was dealing with bad management, my mother-in-law being diagnosed with beast cancer and other things.

I thought I was immune too but things happen. I'll be shocked to find someone who has worked a while to not go through anything like that at some point. I don't think anybody should underestimate how bad management and whatever other personal stuff that may or may not have been going on can affect you.

I like excuses on work ethic.

I like excuses on work ethic.

If only it was that easy or that black and white. Not sure your age but if you're older, then you are one of the lucky ones my friend.

You are a flawless individual when it comes to work ethic.

He's the most talented FA Pass Rusher, I'm just terrified he's going to tear his Pec signing his huge contract.

If we get him at a fair contract, it's probably worth taking a risk.

DurtyBurdz155 likes this

To be fair it was half a sack...i don't know where you work but I'm killing somebody from negligence if I put forth THAT little effort

Knight of God likes this

To be fair it was half a sack...i don't know where you work but I'm killing somebody from negligence if I put forth THAT little effort

Exactly shipmate!

If only it was that easy or that black and white. Not sure your age but if you're older, then you are one of the lucky ones my friend.

You are a flawless individual when it comes to work ethic.

I'm only 28. I've had some very, very bad jobs before I bettered myself and went to school.

Did I work with enthusiasm? No.

Did I cut some corners? You know it.

Did I half-*** and not do my job? Nope. The guy gets 0.5 sacks. That's worse than Osi by far this year, and you guys are running him out with pitchforks and torches, but want to throw a contract at the big baby who slacks off because he isn't happy with his multimillion dollar tag.

Get outta here bro

They're just trying to bring in somebody for Spoon to hang with during the season.

Ok, this made me laugh!

I'm tired of us picking all the high risk - supposedly high reward players - and ending up with a roster full of back-ups and street pick-ups on game day.

Let's get some guys in here who can play - and play a minimum of 16 games a year at that!

Ok, this made me laugh!

I'm tired of us picking all the high risk - supposedly high reward players - and ending up with a roster full of back-ups and street pick-ups on game day.

Let's get some guys in here who can play - and play a minimum of 16 games a year at that!

Man, I'm glad someone else is sick of the crap. Get some players and stop playing. And for anyone who thinks TD has nothing to do with this, Orakpo was TD's target last year too.

Jimsmusic™, Tandy and egoprime II like this

Some of it is definitely on him but think about in terms of time period as well.

4 pro bowls from 4 prior years and then 2 months of trash (7 games) and guess what......they still want him back. Lol

I think the 4 years resonate just a tad bit more. Most jobs would give that employee some leeway.

I like what you did there.

laugh.png Not an attack but I just don't see the difference. I'd be fine if we took both. I don't wanna pay Orakpo a ton though.

I'm only 28. I've had some very, very bad jobs before I bettered myself and went to school.

Did I work with enthusiasm? No.

Did I cut some corners? You know it.

Did I half-*** and not do my job? Nope. The guy gets 0.5 sacks. That's worse than Osi by far this year, and you guys are running him out with pitchforks and torches, but want to throw a contract at the big baby who slacks off because he isn't happy with his multimillion dollar tag.

Get outta here bro

If his only job was to get sacks then I would agree with you but I'm confident that all he did was the same thing you admitted to doing, cut corners and not play with enthusiasm.

Plus the rest of his defense sucks so he doesn't have any help and I think Ryan Kerrigan got injured before him as well.