Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maltese Falcon

Florio: Falcons Going After Orakpo

254 posts in this topic

Posted by Mike Florio on March 2, 2015, 6:40 PM EST

x61093-e1345389608455.jpg?w=229AP

Washington, despite having a new G.M., would like to extend its relationship with pass-rusher Brian Orakpo. Unlike last year, however, Scot McCloughan will have competition when it comes to keeping Orakpo around.

Per a league source, at least four teams are interested in Orakpo. For now, the leaders are believed to be Washington and the Falcons.

The Falcons desperately need help on the edge of the defensive line, a year after former coach Mike Smith successfully lobbied for the investment of offseason funds on interior defensive linemen. New coach Dan Quinn is emphasizing speed in all phases of the game.

Orakpo had 10 sacks in 2013. Last year, had managed only 0.5 sacks in seven starts under the franchise tag in D.C.

I can get behind this.

I concur. I'm happy about this one. I think he will be inexpensive too because of the injury history. These are the types of players you capitalize on.

The ones who can play at a pro bowl level but have something against them that will stop them from getting that pro bowl level contract.

Happy or not, still have to play the game

Ish happens bruh. I can't judge because I have been unhappy at my job before and my production was lackluster.

It doesn't mean what I did before that point didn't count or resonate with my supervisor and such.

Orakpo only missed most of 2012 and 2014 seasons, he played in 16 games only 2 times and 15 games only 2 times. A risk that could be rewarding if he doesn't have another bad season like 2012/14.

Orakpo only missed most of 2012 and 2014 seasons, he played in 16 games only 2 times and 15 games only 2 times. A risk that could be rewarding if he doesn't have another bad season like 2012/14.

Unless you make him unhappy, then he apparently gets 0.5 sacks. Sounds like a winner.

PermaGrin likes this

Posted by Mike Florio on March 2, 2015, 6:40 PM EST
x61093-e1345389608455.jpg?w=229AP

Washington, despite having a new G.M., would like to extend its relationship with pass-rusher Brian Orakpo. Unlike last year, however, Scot McCloughan will have competition when it comes to keeping Orakpo around.

Per a league source, at least four teams are interested in Orakpo. For now, the leaders are believed to be Washington and the Falcons.

The Falcons desperately need help on the edge of the defensive line, a year after former coach Mike Smith successfully lobbied for the investment of offseason funds on interior defensive linemen. New coach Dan Quinn is emphasizing speed in all phases of the game.

Orakpo had 10 sacks in 2013. Last year, had managed only 0.5 sacks in seven starts under the franchise tag in D.C.

Florio has no more access to a league source than I do, he's a hack.

Edit:

His source is probably the custodian or garbage man

We sign another injury prone player and Arthur is gonna have to create his own health insurance plan to get coverage for all these mofos

Unless you make him unhappy, then he apparently gets 0.5 sacks. Sounds like a winner.

Better than what we have now though.

If healthy, he is one of the more proven guys out there. Injuries are a concern, but his cost will be a bit less. I can get behind it.

Most of the other guys available, have never had big sack seasons. Granted, they have had limited snaps or supposedly playing in the wrong system but you never know. Orakpo, Hardy and Hughes are the 3 proven guys and they all got ?'s