Pft: Justin Houston Available (Was Tagged As Non-Exclusive)

g-dawg

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you do it? would cost you say Vic Beasley, a 2016 1st rounder and $18mm/season on a 6 year deal. As much as I love him, gonna have to sit this one out.

says in the article that Justin Houston's agent will pursue other offers - the problem is you pursue him, I think the tagging team(Chiefs) have so many days to match - and it is probably 95% chance they match - then you have wasted time and let others go by the wayside.

If Vic Beasley or Randy Gregory or Dante Fowler or whoever ends up being a star - you have given up the opportunity at getting said star at a bargain rate while losing out in 2016 draft as well - no guarantee right now how high or low a pick that will be. On top of the draft picks and the salary cap space - any time JH would miss a game, it would hurt even more.

too many eggs in one basket - just don't bid at all.

i agree. i rather pursue a TRUE free agent, suh, and risk the money, vs risking the money AND picks..........

Lol... lot of "ifs", but going off what we know, K.C. holds the cards here. Sure they're committing a huge chunk of their cap to one player, but there really is no incentive from their POV (that I can see) in giving up a once in a generation type player for simply a 1st round pick when they could get two. Businesswise it makes no sense for them to do that unless they're trying to do someone a favor. And I think they left the door open because they're wanting to see if they're any suckers out they who'll bite.

Yeah, don't think they're likely to trade Houston off, but the possibility is still there today, and they could have eliminated that possibility completely.

So, I wonder if they'd take, say Alford and 2016's first rounder. I'd weaken the secondary to make the Dline much stronger.

I do it. I cut whoever I have to to make space to sign Suh and trade for Houston. We'd really only be giving up one extra first for JH anyways, and if JJ was worth it, then JH is **** well worth it. Let's stop dicking around and put this powerhouse together. We could win the SB in two years and deal with them afterwards.

Yeah, don't think they're likely to trade Houston off, but the possibility is still there today, and they could have eliminated that possibility completely.

So, I wonder if they'd take, say Alford and 2016's first rounder. I'd weaken the secondary to make the Dline much stronger.

I could see them doing it before the trade deadline midseason. If Houston was still holding out, and it was clear that they weren't going to come to terms on a contract, I think that it would make sense. At that point, you're barely getting him for 2015, and your pretty much 100% losing him next offseason with zero compensation, so I could see them doing it then. At least that way they'd get something, from losing him.

What's the point in having a draft if your gonna be afraid to take chances on young players. Falcons have an opportunity to grab someone special at 8 and yall are willing to throw 2 first rounders and a huge contract away to a former 3rd rounder who earned his rep because a team gave him a shot. It's just not worth it.

Lol you're oversimplifying....even the Seahawks who've built through the draft--to a point--sent a first and third for Percy Harvin ...a much less accomplished player than Houston is. I get hesitation on trading for an unproven prospect. Like the julio trade. But tell me who of the edge rushers is a justin Houston? Heck Houston should have been a first rounder he dropped due to drug test and our cruddy Falcons filter got him the infamous skull and crossbones...in several books TD is stated as wanting him but his boy Pioli got him.

We agree to disagree...but if I can take a poker chip (draft pick) and trade it for a real and proven commodity at edge rush, and can afford the contract...it's a no-brainer. I'm calling up the Chiefs and starting at the 8 overall and a 4th as bait in a sign and trade

I agree you can't go crazy but a first and third would be my best offer. Then I'd promptly introduce Houston with a #8 jersey in my teleconference and consider that third the cost of moving up. I'd even bump up to a 16 conditional pick based on statistical elevators. If he hit 20 sacks I'd be glad to give that 2016 first pick

Lol you're oversimplifying....even the Seahawks who've built through the draft--to a point--sent a first and third for Percy Harvin ...a much less accomplished player than Houston is. I get hesitation on trading for an unproven prospect. Like the julio trade. But tell me who of the edge rushers is a justin Houston? Heck Houston should have been a first rounder he dropped due to drug test and our cruddy Falcons filter got him the infamous skull and crossbones...in several books TD is stated as wanting him but his boy Pioli got him.

We agree to disagree...but if I can take a poker chip (draft pick) and trade it for a real and proven commodity at edge rush, and can afford the contract...it's a no-brainer. I'm calling up the Chiefs and starting at the 8 overall and a 4th as bait in a sign and trade

I agree you can't go crazy but a first and third would be my best offer. Then I'd promptly introduce Houston with a #8 jersey in my teleconference and consider that third the cost of moving up. I'd even bump up to a 16 conditional pick based on statistical elevators. If he hit 20 sacks I'd be glad to give that 2016 first pick

nobody knows who will turn out like Justin Houston or next big star, that's the point of the draft. Almost certain no one knew Houston would be that great last year. Heck it took him until his 3rd season to break out as well. Im not one who sees a bug name and gets so excited to send multiple first rounders for the player then pay double what those 2 picks will be worth. Just not me.

And it's 2 first rounders. You can't flip it to make it what you want it to be.

you think the #8 overall pick is low for Falcons?

for the Patriots or Packers or somebody like that, maybe...

It might just be that #8 pick....if you have a good season then that number is higher in the 1st round.

Houston is a game changer. I think we should be interested.

Which makes him more versatile, makes his 22 sacks more impressive, and potentially makes him a lot more attractive to a team with a desperate coach and/or G.M. who may not be around to use the future draft picks that would be sacrificed to get Houston now.

Quinn is the one who might not be on board(not desperate)....TD's arse is on the line.

Nost certainly not. The only player close to worth this in my Opinion is Watt..

Watt isn't even worth that if your talking top 10 picks plus a 20 mil per year price

basicly would be Jake mathews this years pick ??Beasley?? and a 20 mil cap hit yearly and its more so the years you lose out on good players at a cheap price

now if it was a team picking in the bottom of round 1 every year then it may be worth the game but not for us when were this bad