Lamarr Woodley

slamee101

Set to be released by the Raiders. Has had rough 3 years. Especially with injuries the last two seasons. That said, I think the guy can still play and would likely not be able to demand a ton of $. Kind of like Orakpo but cheaper.

I know everyone is excited about Fowler, Beasley, Ray, etc. but we're going to have to pick up some pass rush help in free agency and guys like Houston and JPP were never going to happen. So should we kick the tires on him if he's available? I vote yes.

Set to be released by the Raiders. Has had rough 3 years. Especially with injuries the last two seasons. That said, I think the guy can still play and would likely not be able to demand a ton of $. Kind of like Orakpo but cheaper.

I know everyone is excited about Fowler, Beasley, Ray, etc. but we're going to have to pick up some pass rush help in free agency and guys like Houston and JPP were never going to happen. So should we kick the tires on him if he's available? I vote yes.

My thing is why can't it be both. Because of 3 consecutive down seasons, he could come cheap ($3 mil range max). We go out and draft a young stud for the future and get some DL help, I think it'll work.

You have to have balance. You can't pull a Washington Redskins from years ago and sign every big name that hits the market. Some of these 2nd to lower tier FAs are better fits than trying to sign guys like Suh, Houston & JPP because while all 3 are talented, they're gonna cost us way too much money. And we have way too many holes on our team for that.

Actually this is worth looking into. Playing OLB in Pittsburgh's 3-4, Woodley was a pass rushing star. He went after the money in Oakland, and they put him at DE in a 4-3. Woodley is like 6'2", 260 or so lbs....a bit short and light to play DE. IF...Woodley can be a situational pass rusher, he is 30 years old and worth looking into. If Woodley can play OLB that's even better.

Actually this is worth looking into. Playing OLB in Pittsburgh's 3-4, Woodley was a pass rushing star. He went after the money in Oakland, and they put him at DE in a 4-3. Woodley is like 6'2", 260 or so lbs....a bit short and light to play DE. IF...Woodley can be a situational pass rusher, he is 30 years old and worth looking into. If Woodley can play OLB that's even better.

Woodley was not good during his last few years with the Steelers. He has also had a history of being out of shape and choosing McDonald's instead of training.

He is washed up and is nowhere near what he once was early in his career.

My thing is why can't it be both. Because of 3 consecutive down seasons, he could come cheap ($3 mil range max). We go out and draft a young stud for the future and get some DL help, I think it'll work.

You have to have balance. You can't pull a Washington Redskins from years ago and sign every big name that hits the market. Some of these 2nd to lower tier FAs are better fits than trying to sign guys like Suh, Houston & JPP because while all 3 are talented, they're gonna cost us way too much money. And we have way too many holes on our team for that.

3 consecutive down seasons and you still think he can play?

Wood hasn't shown any signs of life since 2011 and you still think he's worth looking at? Three seasons is a lifetime in the NFL. He's done.

Just curious but how big do you think someone has to be to play defensive end in the NFL? 6'2", 265, he's bigger than Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis, Cameron Wake, and Jerry Hughes just name a few.

Regardless how great quinn can be he can't turn back the hands of time. I'm tired of trying to piece together a rush from others left overs, old leftovers at that just because they are 'cheap'. Any money,whether a vet minimum, is wasted money if they don't make it on the field.

PeytonMannings Forehead , sure there are players at Woodley's height and weight who make it as 4-3 DEs. Woodley is not the prototype for the position, and never really excelled at it. But as a OLB in the Steeler 3-4 ?That is another thing entirely.

He didn't excel as a 4-3 end in Oakland because he was just done... **** he was done 3 years ago in my opinion. His best football was just behind him. Size wasn't a factor. The job of a 3-4 OLB and 4-3 end aren't really different at all. You still have to be stout enough to set the edge, you're still rushing against tackles, etc.