Scary Flashback

Hoorah hoorah Falcon faithful we have the almighty Stone Cold Dan Quinn on our side! But I've noticed something on this board that brings me back to a similar situation in 2010-2011. As we all know we are still clinging to that magical 2012 playoff run, and we still firmly believe, with the exception of a few group 2 guys, that we are just a few pieces away from that wonderful Lombardi we have been longing for. However this isn't the case fellas.

If you remember a few years back Andy Reid was the HC of the Philadelphia Eagles. They where coming off of a impressive run in 2011 lead by Mike Vick which ended by the hands of a hot Packers team. So the Eagles went back to the drawing board to see how they could increase there chances next year to bring home a Super Bowl ring. What they did is built a,at first seen, dream team. They signed loads of huge names like DRC,Ronnie Brown,Cullen Jenkins,etc. in hopes that those guys and all there moving pieces would put them over the top and finally get them a Lombardi. This however backfired and they finished the 2011 season 8-8 all the while missing the playoffs.... It eventually lead to some more losing season until Reid is fired and Kelly comes in and rights the ship.

What I am getting at is that yeah it's nice to think oh man we could land Julius Thomas,Pernell McPhee,Byron Maxwell,etc. All in this offseason, but let's try to focus on building a solid foundation (defensively) before we pride ourselves on getting the flashy names that will help us get over the top. We don't need to set our franchise back even further because we tried to do too much in one offseason.

/end sorta rant.

We can't even afford a bunch of flashy names lol. Not in this market.

It will be incredibly interesting to see if players go to Jax since they have 60 million in cap and can basically offer whatever.

I think they'll wind up with Suh and Julius Thomas, at least. And that will eat like $30 million of their cap haha

I think they'll wind up with Suh and Julius Thomas, at least. And that will eat like $30 million of their cap haha

That's virtually impossible lol. Need cap for Rookies, emergency fund, and depth pieces. We have like 10 spots to fill

We can't even afford a bunch of flashy names lol. Not in this market.

It will be incredibly interesting to see if players go to Jax since they have 60 million in cap and can basically offer whatever.

They probably will. Aside from vets who just want one more shot at a ring, most players just want the biggest contract they can get.

Reading Comprehension. He said "they'll"... as in the jaguars.

Isn't that you always talking about the lack of reading comprehension around here?

Obviously he's talking about Jacksonville.

Add something to the conversation or dont quote me please. Virginia had already cleared it up. Im not really sure what your posts needed to be written for. If you have an issue, please feel free to share it.

Add something to the conversation or dont quote me please. Virginia had already cleared it up. Im not really sure what your posts needed to be written for. If you have an issue, please feel free to share it.

I'll quote whoever I want...whenever I want. You're not running anything around here.

Obviously, I didn't see the other people who corrected you before I posted. If you're embarrassed because of YOUR mistake just say that.

Lol @ you trying to make my comment personal as if I was the only person to notice your mistake.

The butthurt is strong.

I'll quote whoever I want...whenever I want. You're not running anything around here.

Obviously, I didn't see the other people who corrected you before I posted. If you're embarrassed because of YOUR mistake just say that.

Lol @ you trying to make my comment personal as if I was the only person to notice your mistake.

The butthurt is strong.

Ironic that youre complaining about my reading, when you didnt read everything yourself lol.

The butthurt isnt strong. Just curious as to why youd bring up my post history, which is why I said if you have an issue, please share.

Also, Im not embarassed. Virginia joked about it, so did I. We all make mistakes. Its not a big deal.

2 people calling out my reading comprehension directly after it was already cleared up, is odd though.

Seeing WOR get burned.....

Burned is being factually wrong over and over :P

Ironic that youre complaining about my reading, when you didnt read everything yourself lol.

The butthurt isnt strong. Just curious as to why youd bring up my post history, which is why I said if you have an issue, please share.

Also, Im not embarassed. Virginia joked about it, so did I. We all make mistakes. Its not a big deal.

2 people calling out my reading comprehension directly after it was already cleared up, is odd though.

Burned is being factually wrong over and over :P

Long post is long.

Here's a hint for you:

If multiple people pointed out your small error, well...that should tell you something.

*I didn't lack reading comprehension which is what I called you out on. Apples to apples.

Long post is long.

Here's a hint for you:

If multiple people pointed out your small error, well...that should tell you something.

*I didn't lack reading comprehension which is what I called you out on. Apples to apples.

At least were on the same page. And its not really long, just addressing everything you said. I like to double space my posts to make them easier to read.

One thng missing from your scenario is that the Eagles made their Oline coach the Defensive Coordinator that season.

He installed a wide nine scheme that got gashed up the middle every single week. They also signed press man corners and had them play zone vitutally all game. He was in completely over his head.

Dream team or not, they had horrible coaching that year.

Edited by FentayeJones

The thing with that "dream team" Eagles team was that they had a offensive line coach as defensive coordinator which was one of the problems. The other issue with that Eagles team is that Vince Young claimed that team to be a "dream team" and they were highly favored on paper and other teams brought their "A" game against them. One last thing about that team is that there was too many egos and Reid did not do a good job controlling that. I do not see that being an issue with this Falcons team because the front office has done a good job keeping players in-line. If we do get big name free agents the only thing that worries me is that players who come to Atlanta as a big name free agent usually end up being a bust. Guys like Ray Edwards, Ed Hartwell, I'm not even gonna mention other but there have been a lot who came here and did not do good.