Rhonda Rousey - Greatest Ufc Fighter That Has Ever Lived.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct. When not fighting Rousey walks around at 160 pounds. Cyborg's non fighting weight is about 170. If Dana and Rousey wanted to make $$$ and prove that Ronda is the best they'd do the fight at 145, or maybe even 140.

But thats not going to happen. The UFC does not have a women's division at that weight and there is no reason for Ronda to move up to face a larger woman with a history of steroid use. Cyborg needs the fight alot more than Rousey does. If she wants it, she needs to make the weight to fight for the championship. Ronda isn't, and shouldn't be expected to move up to a non-existant weight division.

UFC owns Invicta where Cyborg is the 145 pound champ. Makes no sense for the ufc not to have a 145 division. I can tell you the reason tho and I can tell you why Ronda will not fight Cyborg.... UFC needs a pretty face as champ. Women's mma gained popularity when hottie Gina was the champ. It lost popularity after Cyborg beat her. Then it gained popularity again with Rousey as champ. There is nobody at 145 that can beat Cyborg but Dana wants a pretty face to sell the sport. It is what it is...

UFC may very well have a 145 women's division at some point. But that still wouldn't mean that Rousey would need to move up to that division. Especially to face a known steroid user. I really want to see that fight, but there is absolutely no reason for Rousey to be the one who has to chase it.

Also the (informed) fans know that Cyborg is the only threat to Rousey. Yet Dana keeps giving Rousey very beatable opponents and trying to build up the fights with WWE style antics. Anybody who pays $70 to watch Rousey demolish spoon fed opponents with WWE style pre fight smack talk is getting ripped off

She has fought everyone worth fighting in the division. Exactly who is she supposed to fight that is currently in her division? Look at the top 10? Who's there that she hasn't already beaten?

As fans we should demand the fight. Stop paying $70 to watch Rousey beat up cans. Make her fight a dangerous opponent.

You're showing that you know how to be as wrong about MMA as you are about seemingly everything else. Combat sports have weight divisions for a reason. Under your logic, fans should be demanding that Chris Weidmann fight Alastair Overeem.

Ronda and Cyborg are in different weight classes, pure and simple.

You do realize that Rousey has fought at 145 several times and walks around at 160 right? The moment Dana opens a 145 division there will be pressure on Rousey to move up after she's cleaned out the 135 pound division.

Do you also realize that Rousey offered to move up to 145 to fight Gina Carano? She won't do the same for Cyborg because she knows she could lose.

And Cyborg walks around at 180. What's your point?

When did Rousey offer to move up to fight Carrano while she was under contract with UFC? Do you have a link for that?

Rousey is the Mike Tyson of women's mma. Tyson gained fame as champ beating up cans in spectacular fashion while ducking the real threats (Holyfield, Foreman, Bowe). It wasn't until Holyfield was the defending champ that the fight could happen and we saw how that turned out.

She has beaten every reasonable contender in her division? Who else is she supposed to fight? I guess Floyd Mayweather is ducking GGG too, right?

Gritz, gritz, gritz, gritz . . .

The sooner that we all realize steve's opinions matter more than ours, and that he is bigger, faster, stronger, better looking, has better tastes in movies, music, and home states, the better off us inferior beings will be.

I have never seen anyone revel in being demonstrably wrong about virtually everything he speaks about. You would think that basic dignity would kick in at some point.

You're showing that you know how to be as wrong about MMA as you are about seemingly everything else. Combat sports have weight divisions for a reason. Under your logic, fans should be demanding that Chris Weidmann fight Alastair Overeem.

Ronda and Cyborg are in different weight classes, pure and simple.

Weidman has said he plans to move to light heavyweight. Of course that doesn't mean he will face "Reem" but I would love to see him fight Rumble or Gus

Looks like she was doing that as a gesture to someone she respects and was a pioneer to the sport. Not someone who has already been caught cheating.

I'm sure she said that cause she respects Gina. But once you say you will move up to fight one woman people are going to start asking you to move up to fight another one. Dana and Ronda look like they are running from Cyborg.

I'm sure she said that cause she respects Gina. But once you say you will move up to fight one woman people are going to start asking you to move up to fight another one. Dana and Ronda look like they are running from Cyborg.

When Cyborg shows that she can fight at 135, where the UFC has it women's bantamweight division, and the fight still doesn't happen then I will be the first to say that Rousey is ducking her. Until then, that is an unfair assertion. Why would Ronda want to move up to a non-existent weight class to fight someone much larger and is a known steroid user?

You do realize that Rousey has fought at 145 several times and walks around at 160 right? The moment Dana opens a 145 division there will be pressure on Rousey to move up after she's cleaned out the 135 pound division.

Do you also realize that Rousey offered to move up to 145 to fight Gina Carano? She won't do the same for Cyborg because she knows she could lose.

Do you have the same opinion on Floyd Mayweather not fighting guys 15lbs heavier than him.

When Cyborg shows that she can fight at 135, where the UFC has it women's bantamweight division, and the fight still doesn't happen then I will be the first to say that Rousey is ducking her. Until then, that is an unfair assertion. Why would Ronda want to move up to a non-existent weight class to fight someone much larger and is a known steroid user?

Stop. You're making too much sense.