Rhonda Rousey - Greatest Ufc Fighter That Has Ever Lived.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to think it will never happen. Dana White doesn't want Cyborg anywhere near a UFC championship. She's ugly and doesn't speak good English. Rousey is far more marketable. White's not gonna make the same mistake as Strikeforce and let Cyborg beat up their most popular fighter. The fight will probably never happen. Rousey will retire undefeated having never fought the one opponent most likely to take her out and talk smack about it the entire time. It is what it is... Here's a history lesson for those that don't know the whole story.

• 2006: Gina Carano begins her MMA career and goes undefeated for 7 matches. Being televised on Showtime a few times she becomes the face of women's MMA and very popular.
  • 2009: The Strikeforce women's 145 pound division is created. Strikeforce is able to sign the 2 best female MMA fighters and have them fight for the new title. Cyborg beats up Carano in the 1st round becoming the first Strikeforce women's champ (at 145). Women's MMA becomes much less popular after Carano is beat and retires.
  • 2011: Ronda Rousey signs with Stirkeforce and starts fighting in the 145 pound division.
  • 2011: After going undefeated thus far and winning 2 Strikeforce matches, Rousey becomes a top contender in the 145 division. However, instead of taking on Cyborg for the 145 title she drops to the 135 pound division and defeats Meisha Tate for that title.
  • 2012: Strikeforce is no more. UFC opens Invicta and puts the Strikeforce female fighters there.
  • 2012: UFC opens a 135 pound women's division promoting Rousey as the champ.
  • 2013: After a hiatus from MMA, Cyborg wins the Invicta 145 pound championship.

Some things look clear... It seems the UFC has no intention of opening a 145 pound division which was always the most important division in women's MMA before UFC got involved. Meanwhile Rousey likes to run her mouth talking smack about a larger champion (Cyborg) that she could have fought 3 years ago in Strikeforce but chose not to. With all this smack talking, she stays at 135 knowing that it is difficult if not impossible for Cyborg to make 135.

Meanwhile, Invicta (owned by UFC), releases a promotional video calling Cyborg the "baddest woman on the planet" (I bet Rousey won't like that):

It's true, Cyborg is the baddest woman on the planet until proven otherwise. Rousey can run her mouth all she wants but she can only call herself the baddest 135 pound woman on the planet. Cyborg won the most important women's MMA title in 2009 and hasn't been beaten since. By default she's the baddest woman on the planet.

Talk about revisionist history. LMAO!

Ronda's 2nd fight in Strikeforce was November 18th, 2011. Cyborg's next fight was already announced for that year, and took place December 17th. That's the fight Cyborg tested positive for steroids, and her suspension was handed to her on January 6th 2012 for a 1 year ban from the sport.

In other words, Rousey with her 2-0 record couldn't make a fight with Cyborg at any weight because Cyborg was suspended from fighting and stripped of her title after her very next fight for juicing. For the record, that fight was announced back in September before Rousey's 2nd fight in Strikeforce.

By the time Cyborg was allowed to fight again, Rousey was 7-0 and a champion while Cyborg had no league to fight in. She signed and won 2 fights in Invicta in 2013 that marked her return to the sport. Then she left to fight in Muay Thai competitions where she lost a decision to Jorina Baars (watch the first 25 seconds to see Cyborg eat a knee). So Cyborg came back to MMA to fight Tweet in 2015.

So Rousey ducked Cyborg because she wouldn't fight her while she was suspended for using steroids. LMAO, that was a great post. So awesome.

Nothing in there indicated Ronda ducked Cyborg. As a matter of fact, Ronda came out and said "I want to fight Cris Cyborg", a direct quote from Cyborg. Cyborg blamed Strikeforce for not making the fight happen, with them claiming Ronda was not ready, and then Cyborg had to serve her one year suspension before fighting anyone else. Direct quote from your own article...

"I don't want to talk trash about somebody, I want to prove it inside the cage. When she was in my weight class she said 'I want to fight Cris Cyborg' and when I had my last fight against Hiroko (Yamanaka) I talked to Sean Shelby, the matchmaker at Strikeforce, and I said 'I want Ronda next.' He said 'no, she's not ready for you' and after that fight she's talking bad about me but you guys protected her," Santos revealed in an interview with Bleacher Report

LMAO He posts that same Bleacher Report article who's only source is Cyborg herself. As if that's somehow irrefutable proof.

Cyborg flat out said in that article Rousey called her out wanting to fight her at 145. It was the Strikeforce matchmaker that wanted to get her more fights before making their fight happen. It was all a moot point anyway, she got busted for juicing and suspended before she could fight again.

Cyborg flat out said in that article Rousey called her out wanting to fight her at 145. It was the Strikeforce matchmaker that wanted to get her more fights before making their fight happen. It was all a moot point anyway, she got busted for juicing and suspended before she could fight again.

But in SteveWorld, that somehow means that Rousey was scared and was ducking Cyborg.

Strikeforce was protecting babyface Ronda just like the UFC is.

A lot of talk about way back in the day:

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f61/forget-cyborg-vs-rousey-aint-happening-strikeforce-protecting-ronda-1933473/

LOL @ Steve citing the opinions of random jamokes on the internet as his sources once his main assertion is blown apart.

And this isn't a knock on Cyborg at all. It's amazing that she even got in the ring and survived with Baars who is a Muay Thai legend (undefeated in 41 fights). Ronda would never ever get in the ring with Baars in a Muay Thai fight and if she did probably wouldn't make it out of the 1st round. Neither would most other female MMA fighters.

It's knocking her for not trying to make a fight with Rousey, leaving the sport for another year to train and compete in Muay Thai to fight Baars. Again, you cannot blame Rousey for this fight not happening. Rousey was only 2-0 when she called out Cyborg, which is pretty **** ballsy. Cyborg asked Strikeforce to fight Rousey after her steroid tainted fight before the suspension was known. Strikeforce said no, not Rousey, but it wouldn't have mattered either way because she tested positive and got suspended before she even got 1 more fight. Then Cyborg was out of MMA for 2 out of the 3.5 years since, 2012 on suspension, 2014 in Muay Thai.

Cyborg is more at fault for this fight not happening than anyone else. She screwed up, tested positive for steroids, was out of MMA for a year, and willingly left MMA for another year. Maybe if she focused on finding a way to get down to 135lbs over the past 3.5 years, this fight would be scheduled and promoted. Rousey told her when she returned in 2013 that she needs to make weight at 135 for the fight, and she wasn't going to do any favors after Cyborg cheated those other women in the sport. So where is Cyborg? Still hanging out at 175lbs...

Seriously, you need to do some research before you post. Rousey was 2-0 in Strikeforce but was 4-0 in MMA, 7-0 if you count amateur fights too.

She had earned a title shot which she took at a lower weight class against Meisha Tate. So she was "ready" to take on the 135 champion but not the 145 champion in the division she had won all her fights in.

Rousey has been running from Cyborg for almost 4 years now. And for good reason. But if you're gonna run and hide from someone that's fine. But it's bad form to continue to talk smack about them.

LMAO

Your own article states that Ronda wanted to fight her. Cyborg admits as much herself, but you still keep saying that Ronda was ducking her. You're totally ignoring your own facts.

I think at this point it's just easier to call you a f##king liar and just leave it at that.

Seriously, you need to do some research before you post. Rousey was 2-0 in Strikeforce but was 4-0 in MMA, 7-0 if you count amateur fights too.

She had earned a title shot which she took at a lower weight class against Meisha Tate. So she was "ready" to take on the 135 champion but not the 145 champion in the division she had won all her fights in.

Rousey has been running from Cyborg for almost 4 years now. And for good reason.

2-0 in Strikeforce. 4-0 overall as a pro. Rousey was ready to fight for a championship with whomever Strikeforce would line up. She was a challenger and couldn't cherrypick her opponents. She even asked for Cyborg. Like every challenger, she had to take whatever she could get. Strikeforce gave her a title shot at 135. Strikeforce was probably hoping they could get Rousey a few more fights to hype up a fight against Cyborg. Cyborg ruined those plans by cheating.

I don't know where your mancrush comes from, but you are obviously biased when it comes to what really happened. Your she-man cheated and voluntarily left MMA, making her a non-option for 2 out of the last 3 years. Now she's a challenger and won't meet the terms of the champ. Again, her fault.

P.S. This crap about her only failing one test trying to imply she hasn't been on steroids for years is a joke. Her ex-husband failed steroid tests, they were juicing together, which is part of the reason why she can't make weight.

Here's some more history for you. Dana White offers to pay for the nutritionist to get Cyborg to 135. Cyborg refuses.

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/1/1/1875561/dana-white-cris-cyborg-dolce-diet-ronda-rousey-weight-cut-mma

Dana White offers a Rousey match to Cyborg on her return to MMA. Tito Ortiz is her manager and advises against it. Cyborg won't sign the dotted line for the fight.

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/12/7/2262162/dana-white-cris-cyborg-ronda-rousey-title-fight-ufc-157-tito-ortiz-mma

Cyborg says she'll get to 135 for a Dec fight with Rousey. A year and a half later, 9 months past her proposa, still can't make 135. As a matter of fact, doctors said she was walking around at 160 and couldn't drop 25lbs with her current health back in 2012. She wanted the fight so badly, she's put on an additional 15lbs since 2012.

Cyborg is all talk ducking Rousey. She knows Rousey will break her arm and end her career, so she keeps yapping to promote her own fights acting like she's trying to make a Rousey fight happen.

Like you said Stevo, actions speak louder than words. What do you have to say about her walking around 15lbs heavier than she was when she supposedly wanted to make a fight at 135 three years ago?

Look how bad Cyborg wants to fight Rousey. Direct quote saying Rousey keeps calling her out, and she wants the fight, she just wants to fight someone else at 135 first...

"The first time I drop to 135 I'll fight in Invicta, and everything else will happen after that is a consequence. My focus isn't only on her," Cyborg said about Rousey. "My focus is on my next fight in Muay Thai and then fight in Invicta at 135 first, and after that is the consequence. This fight against Ronda is very important because everybody wants to watch and for sure I want to fight her. Because she's always talking about me, wanting to fight me, well let's go. I'll be ready."

Here's some more history for you. Dana White offers to pay for the nutritionist to get Cyborg to 135. Cyborg refuses.

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/1/1/1875561/dana-white-cris-cyborg-dolce-diet-ronda-rousey-weight-cut-mma

Dana White offers a Rousey match to Cyborg on her return to MMA. Tito Ortiz is her manager and advises against it. Cyborg won't sign the dotted line for the fight.

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/12/7/2262162/dana-white-cris-cyborg-ronda-rousey-title-fight-ufc-157-tito-ortiz-mma

with the heat Tito and Dana has I'm not shock by this. I just don't think she can cut to 135

And I read a suprising study recently claiming that soccer players have an abnormally high level of brain pathology due to the sustained sub-concussive impacts of heading the ball repeatedly.

That's because soccer players are pu$$ies

And this isn't a knock on Cyborg at all. It's amazing that she even got in the ring and survived with Baars who is a Muay Thai legend (undefeated in 41 fights). Ronda would never ever get in the ring with Baars in a Muay Thai fight and if she did probably wouldn't make it out of the 1st round. Neither would most other female MMA fighters.

Seems like that might make Baars the baddest woman on the planet?

In Muay Thai yes.

Baars didn't do well when she tried MMA though. Cyborg is the baddest woman on the planet in MMA until proven otherwise.

Also, can Cyborg get to 135? Yes... Anybody can. But can she be a high level MMA fighter at 135? Probably not with her frame. Ronda only wants to fight Cyborg if she has an advantage. Might as well tie Cyborg's arm behind her back while you're at it. Bottom line: Cyborg is bigger and stronger than Rousey. Rousey continues to hide behind her weight when she is more than capable of fighting at 145 or even 140.

And that's exactly why combat sports have weight classes, isn't it?

The point that you keep missing is that Rousey doesn't have to fight at 140 or 145. She's already rich, famous, and the face of the sport. Cyborg needs the fight alot more than Rousey does. And I can't blame Rousey one bit for not cutting Cyborg a break given how many women she cheated by doping.

Plus there's the fact that the promotion that has Rousey under contract is simply not going to allow the fight to happen at some non-existent catchweight. I know that's not going to stop you from calling her scared, but the simple fact is that your uninformed opinion on the matter means jack squat. Either Cyborg will get to 135, or the fight isn't happening.