Rhonda Rousey - Greatest Ufc Fighter That Has Ever Lived.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Johnny Hendricks doesn't walk around talking smack saying he's the baddest man on the planet.

Rousey calls herself the baddest female on the planet but won't prove it by moving up 5-10 pounds to take on who some other experts (like Joe Rogan) consider to be the baddest female on the planet.

Because there is no weight class at 140 or 145. And UFC isn't going to have one anytime soon. Rousey has the fame, money, and recognition. I'm sure that she can survive without validation from chickenhawks that can't grasp the concept of weight divisions and have problems being honest in a discussion.

In short, Cyborg has to chase this fight whether you like it or not.

This is so dumb.

Jonny Hendricks "walk around" weight is 220 maybe 200...is he supposed to be able to jump in the heavy weight-light heavy weight division and take care of business?

I will counter with this. Anthony Johnson walk around weight is around 240. He doesn't like Alistair Overeem at all and has said he will move up to heavyweight to fight him. When you talk trash people expect you to back it up. Period and point blank. Ronda has talked trash about Cyborg for years. And a lot of people want to see her back it up. I don't know if it's because of the steroids or cause she knows Cyborg can beat her but she has been balking at a fight with her. Now it wouldn't make any sense for her to fight her at 145 or even 140. I think both her and Dana should be quiet on Cyborg cause the fight isn't happening anytime soon

In short, Meisha Tate has more ballz than Rousey for agreeing in principle to fight Cyborg at 140. That is before Rousey gifted her a 3rd title shot.

And if Meisha were the undefeated champion and was the face of the sport she would be telling Cyborg exactly what Rousey has told her. Come to 135.

Meisha can show off her 'ballz' because that's all she has.

Exactly. The annoying thing is that Rousey talks a big game about Cyborg but won't back it up.

Gina Carano was the baddest woman on the planet until Cyborg beat her. Cyborg hasn't lost since so she remains by default the baddest female on the planet IMO. Sorry Ronda but you're not the baddest female on the planet. There's someone bigger and badder than you that you've been talking smack about while ducking for 3+ years.

I like Ronda a little more than you. She is something serious. Just hope we all can see that fight one day

Guest facelessman07

Gotta meet in the middle between soccer and MMA so I have the perfect solution...

Hope Solo vs Ronda Rousey in a rugby match.

That'd be cool. Hope is just one tough and crazy *****, and I'm madly attracted to her for that reason lol

Also, look at the people that Cyborg has beaten. Only one of them was undefeated, and many of them had multiple losses prior to their fight with Cyborg. A few have never won a professional MMA contest before or since fighting Cyborg. Talk about "cans".

Compare that to the competition that Rousey has faced in her professional fights. It's really not much of a comparison.

Just one example - Rousey beat Sara McMann with striking in about 1 minute. McMann won a silver medal in Olympic wrestling in 2004 and has three national championships in wrestling around the same time. Hardly a "can" and hardly someone who lacks "world class" grappling skills.

The only smack I recall from Ronda about Cyborg is that she's a cheater. Which is a factually accurate point.

Ronda said in May she would beat Cyborg at 145 but not willing to compromise for a con artist. She said in November she will try to kill her with her bare hands if they ever fought. She has done a lot of talking trash

A deal was reached in principle. Better?

Then Rousey blocked that fight by wanting to do Rousey vs Tate yet again.

Rousey knows that if Cyborg demolished Tate then people would be screaming for her to fight Cyborg at 140 (like Tate had agreed to do).

As a side note, before the whole Cyborg/Rousey business, Tate was wanting to move to the Invicta 125 pound division where she has a legit shot at being the champ.

All that said, Meisha Tate is easily the hottest of the 3 wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

Or maybe Rousey is making the statement that she is the bigger draw and if Cyborg really wants to make the fight happen, fight at 135.

All this talk about Rousey ducking Cyborg, where has Cyborg said she'll fight Rousey at 135? Where has Cyborg agreed to fight Rousey at 135 in the UFC? How about the fact that Cyborg would rather stay fighting for a quarter of the purse at 145 in a league she can dominate rather than losing 10lbs to fight Rousey in the big league? Cyborg is basically trying to bait Rousey into taking a fight at a weight she knows swings to her advantage. Even though Cyborg could make substantially more money, she's unwilling to agree to losing 10 more pounds to make the fight happen. Rousey is getting paid either way without having to take fights against women giving them a size advantage.

Who is ducking who?

Cyborg has repeatedly said she is trying to get to 135 to fight Rousey. This is a woman that spars with the UFC Heavyweight champion. She is ducking a fight that could net her millions. Let's be real now

It could net her millions, yet she can't lose 10lbs to make the fight happen. Rousey is making that kind of money without having to fight above her weight class. Claiming Rousey is ducking Cyborg when she makes the money without having to fight on other people's terms is more absurd than claiming Cyborg is ducking Rousey when Cyborg can't headline a PPV card without the fight on Rousey's terms.

Let me put it another way. Rousey just headlined a PPV event with 1m+ buys. Cyborg is not on PPV. Who should be fighting on who's terms? Who stands to lose the most if this fight doesn't happen? And who is to blame if Cyborg refuses to make weight at 135 for this fight to happen?

Rousey and Dana have already said she has the fight the moment she makes 135. Rousey gets paid either way, and she could easily take the approach that Cyborg needs to become a top contender at 135 before she'll get a shot. She's not doing that. Make weight, it's on. If Cyborg makes weight and Rousey refuses to give her the fight, she's ducking her. If Cyborg refuses to make weight with that kind of purse and PPV tied to it, Cyborg obviously doesn't want the fight bad enough.

Mayweather made every fighter fight him on his terms, and rightfully so. Mayweather knew he was the PPV draw, so he leveraged that to make sure he got a fair fight. He even added different drug testing to the terms for the Pacquiao fight. Mayweather didn't duck Pac once they agreed to terms. Rousey is doing the same thing, fight her on her terms, or she'll fight someone else because there's a long line wanting to dethrone her. She's not going to open herself up to give an opponent any additional advantage, just like Mayweather, Roy Jones, and every other pro fighter that got to the top. If you're not the draw, it's up to you to make the fight happen. It's not ducking when the main attraction won't accept terms favoring their opponent. Period.

Guess you missed the article quoting Joe Rogan. Read it. It speaks the truth:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2397661-joe-rogan-everyone-should-fear-cyborg-at-145-including-ronda-rousey

It speaks an opinion that shows he's about hype and not knowing how the fight game works. If you are the draw, you've earned the right to set the terms. If you're not the main draw, you have to earn the right to set the terms. Cyborg does not draw the audience size Rousey draws. Cyborg is not a UFC champ. Cyborg does not have the proven PPV track record. Cyborg has to accept Rousey's terms if she wants the fight. Period. End of debate. It's how the fight game works, always has and always will work that way.

Roy Jones wouldn't give Hopkins a rematch unless he met him at Jone's weight class. Jones was the champ and didn't need the fight, so he only fought on his terms until he got knocked off the perch. Hopkins continued fighting at 160 and never stepped up in weight for anybody, sitting atop his thrown saying come get me. He earned the right to not have to chase anybody.

I work my *** off to be the best and I find I'm at my best at 135, undefeated cleaning out 135 and making me the biggest name around. Somebody at 145 "needs me" to take their name to a new level. My name is there, I don't need them, they need me. And I'm going to go up in weight to give them a better shot at me? **** no. I'm the one at the top. If you want to be at the top, you need to come and knock me off. Otherwise it's all talk so quit yapping.

She can't make the cut right now. You acting like she is purposely not making 135. She will have to fight on Ronda's terms and she can't meet the weight limit right now.

She continues to do strength training. Continues to eat protein by the pound. Practicing suplexes on 200+ lb dudes is trying to build more muscle, not cutting down weight. You're trying to say she can't adjust her training and diet to get down to 135 but expect Rousey to put on 10lb of quality weight and then lose it after the fight to keep defending her title at 135?

Yeah she can cut the weight. But not without sacrificing her strength and cardio and possibly not making the 135 limit. Anthony Johnson use to cut to 175 and he looked weak. And he missed the weight on multiple occasions. Which is why he was cut from the UFC. But look at him at 205. Daniel Cromier almost died by trying to cut to 205 a couple years ago. You making it seem like this is no big deal. Cutting 40 pounds is a huge deal. She physically might not be able to do it

Yeah she can cut the weight. But not without sacrificing her strength and cardio and possibly not making the 135 limit. Anthony Johnson use to cut to 175 and he looked weak. And he missed the weight on multiple occasions. Which is why he was cut from the UFC. But look at him at 205. Daniel Cromier almost died by trying to cut to 205 a couple years ago. You making it seem like this is no big deal. Cutting 40 pounds is a huge deal. She physically might not be able to do it

And yet somehow adding weight without sacrificing speed and cardio is easy as pie. Adding weight isn't as simple as eating a bunch of ice cream. It sacrifices performance, too.

She can't make the cut right now. You acting like she is purposely not making 135. She will have to fight on Ronda's terms and she can't meet the weight limit right now.

No. I'm acting like the side calling out Rousey like she's ducking because she won't accomodate Cyborg's terms. Personally, I don't blame either of them. Both of them have a routine that's been very successful. I don't think they are ducking each other. I just don't think either of them are willing to change their routine to fight on the other's terms.

This is the way I see it. If I was Rousey, I wouldn't do Cyborg a favor by fighting at a higher weight when I have no problem making 135. If I was Cyborg, I would find a way to get down to 135 for a PPV payday I can't get otherwise. I want to see the fight, but if Cyborg decides it's not worth losing muscle, I'm not going to blame her anymore than I would blame Rousey for not fighting at a heavier weight than she needs to.

No. I'm acting like the side calling out Rousey like she's ducking because she won't accomodate Cyborg's terms. Personally, I don't blame either of them. Both of them have a routine that's been very successful. I don't think they are ducking each other. I just don't think either of them are willing to change their routine to fight on the other's terms.

This is the way I see it. If I was Rousey, I wouldn't do Cyborg a favor by fighting at a higher weight when I have no problem making 135. If I was Cyborg, I would find a way to get down to 135 for a PPV payday I can't get otherwise. I want to see the fight, but if Cyborg decides it's not worth losing muscle, I'm not going to blame her anymore than I would blame Rousey for not fighting at a heavier weight than she needs to.

I have already said Rousey is making the smart move to make her fight at 135. It's by design. At 135 I believe Rousey makes her submit in the 2nd or 3rd round. At 145 I believe Cyborg knocks her out in the first

I have already said Rousey is making the smart move to make her fight at 135. It's by design. At 135 I believe Rousey makes her submit in the 2nd or 3rd round. At 145 I believe Cyborg knocks her out in the first

Steve was. Which is why I changed my posts to show how ridiculous it was. Not you.