Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RED_N_BLACK_98

What Is With This Seattle 2.0

55 posts in this topic

He is not going to make players fit his scheme and that is the reason close to 1/2 the roster will change. He has played this scheme for many years and he anit changing. The faces will / so if that is called Seattle 2.0 .....

Fans are using points of reference as Quinn is bringing his defense to Atlanta. It's natural to try to compare or project how a p layer will be used. Better than being the Jacksonville Falcons

carroll and quinn didnt change ANYTHING for the rulebook. the seahawks STAYED at the top of the league in penalties. the defense had to overcome that.

They didn't have to overcome the penalties. They play that way by design. Their DBs in particular are taught to be as physical as possible with WRs because one or two PI, holding, or illegal contact calls are worth it for the 50 they get away with every Sunday.

I'm with you OP Quinn needs to build his own team with traits of the Seahawks.

I'll say it now if we copy exactly what they are and do we're done.

Clones thats the last thing we need coach the player don't program and copy.

Quinn is building his own team.

The idiots on here are the ones saying. "'Michael Bennett role" and "Bruce Irvin role"

Ppl say a Michael Bennett type because thats what Quinn system requires to perform at its yop level... A gut that can rush and play DE but Also move inside on 3rd downs so you can have 3 athletic speed rushers in.

Its not about Seahawks 2.0 ... Its about building a good Defense and those pieces in this system is required..

the only player that Can move inside and play de here is cliff Matthews. Now quinn is a miracle worker If he can turn him into anything

Quinn will bring some of the fundamentals from the Seahawks here and that's a great thing. They play good football but this is his team and he will adjust some things to fit our time. One thing for sure he isn't as uptight or anal as Mike Smith and our players will respond to that a helluva lot better.

I agree. It would certainly seem easier for the players to embrace the concept of playing aggressive, attacking, all-out-to-win football rather than conservative, reactive, playing-not-to-lose football. If that isn't the case with this roster, then a whole lot more cuts need to be made between now and next season.

I profess that I don't even pretend to understand the point of this thread.

Any head coach is going to bring the influences, ideas and schemes with him from wherever he has previously coached.

What's the problem?

MSalmon and Tuggle'2 like this

Well if we are going to be associated with another team I don't mind at all that it is his former team The Seattle Seahawks. I mean crap, it isn't The Jacksonville Jaguars anymore. Thank you jebus!

Six years ago it was New England 2.0, when we got TD. Now Seattle 2.0; but wait a minute, didn't Seattle lose the Superbowl? When will it end? With all the recent cuts and all the new players we will get, we need to plan for a couple of rebuilding years (again).

We absolutely must draft better, as free-agency is too expensive, to get to "the next level". As long as TD is involved with the player selection, I am not 100% convinced we will get it right. I am hopeful that we will improve, but we have to get much better in the mid to late rounds. We are especially bad in the 3rd round, where many other teams scoop up very good players that have fallen, for no good reason(s). In my analysis we need to get a four year starter 50% of the time, from the third and fourth rounds. No more Holmes' or Southwards allowed.

We also need to trade down occasionally; to take advantage of the teams blind desire for a specific player regardless of the cost e.g. RGIII.

AB better get it right this time, because he has an incredibility expensive stadium to justify and pay for. Atlanta is desperate for a winner, it's been 20 years since the Braves got a title. We have waited for 50 years to see the Falcons bring home a title. I have personally been waiting 30 years. Let's go Falcons get this team turned around.

No team has ever won a SB trying to emulate one of the last SB winners. The NFL changes too much, if you keep chasing past winners you'll never get ahead of the game.

Well, you guys do realize that pretty much every team in the league does it to some extant. They didn't just make up that "copy cat league" crap out of nowhere.

mess. Quinn is not building another Seattle. He is building The Atlanta Falcons. Sick of hearing how this player is a "Bennett" type or this player is an "Avril" type.

Seems to me that he is looking for some good football players. Even if this team ends up producing in the manner in which we have accustomed to seeing Seattle perform, guess what? We are still:

The Atlanta Falcons.

I'm with ya man. I hope Quinn has everyone thinking he's going to try and mimic the Hawks and then when we come out in the first game we are an aggressive blitzing make you carp your pants style of defense.

You can't really compare players, because there are far too many variables. You also cannot recreate a team for the same reason. It will not be a recreation of the Seattle Seahawks, rather a new team other teams will try and emulate. ;)

PokerSteve likes this

Well, seeing that we're a team with no identity I'm fine with being Seattle 2.0 as long as the championships follow.

But but but we beat them in regular season that one time, remember?

And the playoffs in '12. ^^) They might've gotten to 3 superbowls in the past 3 years if it wasn't for the Dirty Birds.

You do know the Seattle Seahawks was Dan quinns scheme right? The scheme he is bringing here?

So people are saying "who is the Bennett and Kam" because that's what this scheme requires. Not just because they want to rebuild Seattle. Quinn will want his own Bennett and kam because it's his scheme and that's how he set it up. So it's incredibly relevant to try to compare players to guys who were incredibly productive in the scheme we are running.

Fast and physical aren't just buzzwords haha.

This

And the playoffs in '12. ^^) They might've gotten to 3 superbowls in the past 3 years if it wasn't for the Dirty Birds.

I seriously doubt we had a chance against 49ers without pass rush after Chris Clemons injury. As painfull as that loss against you guys were it would be even worse to lose in NFC Championship Game against San Francisco. We also started very slow in both games against Washington in WC weekend and in then in Atlanta and if we also let SF to 14+ points lead, they wouldn't let us back in the game.

I seriously doubt we had a chance against 49ers without pass rush after Chris Clemons injury. As painfull as that loss against you guys were it would be even worse to lose in NFC Championship Game against San Francisco. We also started very slow in both games against Washington in WC weekend and in then in Atlanta and if we also let SF to 14+ points lead, they wouldn't let us back in the game.

I don't know why that loss was painful for you guys. The Falcons were completely obliterating the Hawks until the 2nd half. The fact Seattle made a come back and got that close to winning is a miracle in itself. Funny part is it happened in both games we played in the playoffs that year, only the 9ers managed to finish the job...sorta. Hawks were a heavy favorite to make a Superbowl run that year soon as they clinched a playoff spot. I doubt the Hawks would've even beat Washington if RG3 was able to play to his full potential that game. No doubt in my mind that ACL won Wilson his first playoff game.

I personally don't feel that Seattle 2.0 is about finding similar players or even running the same scheme. The biggest factor in Seattle's defensive success is the attitude and confidence that they play with game in game out if we are gonna emulate anything it should be Seattle's swagger