Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RED_N_BLACK_98

What Is With This Seattle 2.0

55 posts in this topic

mess. Quinn is not building another Seattle. He is building The Atlanta Falcons. Sick of hearing how this player is a "Bennett" type or this player is an "Avril" type.

Seems to me that he is looking for some good football players. Even if this team ends up producing in the manner in which we have accustomed to seeing Seattle perform, guess what? We are still:

The Atlanta Falcons.

I see where you're coming from, but I'd rather try to emulate the Seahawks than the ******* Jaguars. Chances are Quinn has a lot of his own ideas about how to run a defense that differ from Carroll's, so I doubt we see an attempt to copy Seattle anyway. Not to mention his pretty consistently stated belief that the way to field a successful team is to tailor the scheme to the players instead of asking players to do things beyond their ability for the sake of the scheme.

It is confusing enough with the true Hawks playing in Atlanta and with Seattle press and fan obsessed with referring to their team as the Hawks. We cannot have the Falcons now being referred to as another Seahawks or worse another Hawks.

The Falcons haven't been to the Super Bowl in 17 years. The Seahawks have been to 3 of the last 10 and both of the last 2, including one win.

I'd rather we build based on something we know works than try to be unique snowflakes and keep losing.

The Falcons haven't been to the Super Bowl in 17 years. The Seahawks have been to 3 of the last 10 and both of the last 2, including one win.

I'd rather we build based on something we know works than try to be unique snowflakes and keep losing.

But but but we beat them in regular season that one time, remember?

I'm with you OP Quinn needs to build his own team with traits of the Seahawks.

I'll say it now if we copy exactly what they are and do we're done.

Clones thats the last thing we need coach the player don't program and copy.

I agree! Enough with "so and so can play the Chancellor role" and so on. I understand everyone would love to have the Seahawks defense but Quinn needs to build our own identity and I have faith that he will.

RED_N_BLACK_98 likes this

He is looking for players that fit his scheme. The easiest way to do that is to look at the cast he assembled with the seahawks. You could also look at what Gus Bradley is doing with the Jags. Now whilst there is more than one way to skin a cat, that's all we have to go on in terms on what Quinn looks for in defensive prospects

You do know the Seattle Seahawks was Dan quinns scheme right? The scheme he is bringing here?

So people are saying "who is the Bennett and Kam" because that's what this scheme requires. Not just because they want to rebuild Seattle. Quinn will want his own Bennett and kam because it's his scheme and that's how he set it up. So it's incredibly relevant to try to compare players to guys who were incredibly productive in the scheme we are running.

Fast and physical aren't just buzzwords haha.

He didn't even build Seattle...Pete did. Pete is the reason for the success of Seattle. Quinn just so happened to be along for the ride.

We don't know how this is going to turn out but some have already made Quinn a football god.

gafalcon1 likes this

The league is changing, the rulebook is changing, it only makes sense that the game has to change to fit the way the league wants to see the game played. Quinn came into Atlanta and stated that there wouold be changes, especially with tackling to make it safer as the league has made rule changes to meet. Quinn, and, Carroll adopted those changes, and came up with a scheme that won games and went to the big dance. It only makes sense that Quinn would do so in Atlanta to bring the club up to the level of winning under the rules that are now in place. He stated as much in his announcement comments when hired. I don't care if the team resembles the Seahawks, if it produces wins, that as fans is all we ask for.

PokerSteve likes this

Ppl say a Michael Bennett type because thats what Quinn system requires to perform at its yop level... A gut that can rush and play DE but Also move inside on 3rd downs so you can have 3 athletic speed rushers in.

Its not about Seahawks 2.0 ... Its about building a good Defense and those pieces in this system is required..

turnerdburner likes this

He didn't even build Seattle...Pete did. Pete is the reason for the success of Seattle. Quinn just so happened to be along for the ride.

We don't know how this is going to turn out but some have already made Quinn a football god.

tried to say it already. this could go either way............

The league is changing, the rulebook is changing, it only makes sense that the game has to change to fit the way the league wants to see the game played. Quinn came into Atlanta and stated that there wouold be changes, especially with tackling to make it safer as the league has made rule changes to meet. Quinn, and, Carroll adopted those changes, and came up with a scheme that won games and went to the big dance. It only makes sense that Quinn would do so in Atlanta to bring the club up to the level of winning under the rules that are now in place. He stated as much in his announcement comments when hired. I don't care if the team resembles the Seahawks, if it produces wins, that as fans is all we ask for.

carroll and quinn didnt change ANYTHING for the rulebook. the seahawks STAYED at the top of the league in penalties. the defense had to overcome that.

Quinn will bring some of the fundamentals from the Seahawks here and that's a great thing. They play good football but this is his team and he will adjust some things to fit our time. One thing for sure he isn't as uptight or anal as Mike Smith and our players will respond to that a helluva lot better.

PokerSteve likes this

I don't think people are referring to the Falcons as Seahawks 2.0, I think when they say Michael Bennett type role I think they are just referring to the scheme he's going to run, not that he's trying to build a replica of the Seahawks. I mean, you could say he needs whoever for the LEO role or this guy for a versatile DE to play inside and outside. I don't take it as people trying to make us the Seahawks, just as reference for his scheme and examples of what they are going to do.

But but but we beat them in regular season that one time, remember?

no!! Actually we beat them in the 2012 divisional playoff round get it right

falconsrus likes this