Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Willy Mo

March Hawks Thread.

1,336 posts in this topic

I've got nothing against trying to play to the crowd. I think it makes for great drama, its' a game within the game that many of the greats have played. Micheal Jordan used to terrorize the crowd at The Palace in Auburn Hills and they'd give it right back to him. Same with Reggie Miller and the Knick's fans. But Josh is the equivalent of the kid you used to play Madden with that would talk all kinds of sh^t when he thought he was going to win for sure and and then sulked teary eyed in the corner whining about how either you or the game cheated when he manages to lose.

So people can't show emotions we're not human like people were all over him as if he was Lebron(Left Cleveland like he did) If Josh had done something that bad then this wouldn't even be an issue. Heck I'd join y'all just saying I don't want him back(again he wouldn't fit here), but for what he's doing in Houston he's coming off the bench I mean if we're going to look at why Houston lost it wouldn't be because of him Ariza and a few others have more to be blamed for than Josh.

I just don't want people to become so arrogant to forget we still haven't been out of Round 2 since.........never cause we're not the St. Louis Hawks. Again I remember even before Josh and them came mentioning you were a Hawks fan is like saying you're a Jaguars fan or Cleveland anything fan you'd be laughed at.

I just feel as if people starting to act brand new because Hawks are #1 that's why a lot of other folks fanbases have become increasingly pissed off with ours cause everyone is asking "Where the **** were y'all even 1 year ago". I know most will say Playoffs, but that's not enough that's why I said he may be justified in calling Atlanta what it is. Heck even a lot of Falcons fans/random people around here don't support them(fickle fans, and I've seen them a lot) even though their the best thing we got going(Far as professional sports go).

Find me one city that doesnt qualify as "bandwagon" thats not named NY, Boston, LA, or Chicago.

Basketball is the sport most proned to "bandwagoning". There are 82 games. Most take place during the week and dont end till 10pm. Yeah, if your team sucks, people arent going to go to that. This isnt football where all games are conveniently on the weekends.

So people can't show emotions we're not human like people were all over him as if he was Lebron(Left Cleveland like he did) If Josh had done something that bad then this wouldn't even be an issue. Heck I'd join y'all just saying I don't want him back(again he wouldn't fit here), but for what he's doing in Houston he's coming off the bench I mean if we're going to look at why Houston lost it wouldn't be because of him Ariza and a few others have more to be blamed for than Josh.

I just don't want people to become so arrogant to forget we still haven't been out of Round 2 since.........never cause we're not the St. Louis Hawks. Again I remember even before Josh and them came mentioning you were a Hawks fan is like saying you're a Jaguars fan or Cleveland anything fan you'd be laughed at.

I just feel as if people starting to act brand new because Hawks are #1 that's why a lot of other folks fanbases have become increasingly pissed off with ours cause everyone is asking "Where the **** were y'all even 1 year ago". I know most will say Playoffs, but that's not enough that's why I said he may be justified in calling Atlanta what it is. Heck even a lot of Falcons fans/random people around here don't support them(fickle fans, and I've seen them a lot) even though their the best thing we got going(Far as professional sports go).

Look, I think Josh is probably a good guy on a personal level, and he certainly was a positive force in the community. But fans are there for basketball. As a basketball player, as a Hawk, he committed the sin that is most unforgivable to a fan: He failed to show commitment to his craft and he put his personal ego ahead of the team.

There was NEVER any doubt that Smith was supremely talented. But the basketball experts I have read are pretty consistent with the belief that he never lived up to his talent. That shows a lack of dedication. But beyond that, as an athlete, you HAVE to listen to your coach. If the coach doesn't coach in the team's interest, he will be fired. If the player doesn't do what the coach tells him to do. The coach will be fired. If several coaches are fired . . . eventually the player will be fired, and that's what has happened here.

Fans have the right to expect the best out of players. Expressing their dissatisfaction with those who don't give it their best if very fair game.

AF89 and Zone#7 like this

Find me one city that doesnt qualify as "bandwagon" thats not named NY, Boston, LA, or Chicago.

Basketball is the sport most proned to "bandwagoning". There are 82 games. Most take place during the week and dont end till 10pm. Yeah, if your team sucks, people arent going to go to that. This isnt football where all games are conveniently on the weekends.

Tuscaloosa, Lexington, Green Bay, Valdosta, Statesboro(Family there), Warner Robins(Home town WOO!) unless you're talking about major cities only.

I can't disagree with that second part cause it's correct, but still this isn't so much about you guys as I'm sure most of y'all know how this Hawks teams have been over the years. It's just those that acting "Brand new" that's all.

The crowd gave it to Josh, he gave it back to them, when that somehow weirdly failed to silence them but actually make them come down 10X as loud, now Josh wants to take his ball and go home (and take a whiny verbal shot or two on the way out). And he took his current team down with him. We'll never know what might have happened if Josh hadn't got the crowd back into it, helping the Hawk's player's find their next gear but I'd know which way I'd bet. And he didn't help their case at all in the 4th. He completely melted down as a player, trying to take hero 3s, (for the express selfish reason of making it about him) early in the shot clock, making bad turnovers, playing frustrated defense. There was a reason McHale yanked him specifically.

And yes people can show emotions and last I checked the fans qualified as people, so don't get mad when we feel let down by a guy who had every advantage in the world, didn't apply himself and then had the stones to declare himself a max contract player (Though he found a team to bite and put themselves in cap **** so good for him).

HolyMoses likes this

Look, I think Josh is probably a good guy on a personal level, and he certainly was a positive force in the community. But fans are there for basketball. As a basketball player, as a Hawk, he committed the sin that is most unforgivable to a fan: He failed to show commitment to his craft and he put his personal ego ahead of the team.

There was NEVER any doubt that Smith was supremely talented. But the basketball experts I have read are pretty consistent with the belief that he never lived up to his talent. That shows a lack of dedication. But beyond that, as an athlete, you HAVE to listen to your coach. If the coach doesn't coach in the team's interest, he will be fired. If the player doesn't do what the coach tells him to do. The coach will be fired. If several coaches are fired . . . eventually the player will be fired, and that's what has happened here.

Fans have the right to expect the best out of players. Expressing their dissatisfaction with those who don't give it their best if very fair game.

I don't disagree with anything you said although I'm for Josh it's up until a fault hence why I said I wouldn't personally welcome him back here(cause he doesn't fit), but I still wish him well with the Rockets.

I'm just not going to judge him cause again as much as we predict sh*t all over the internet/sports world it could very well come up that Rockets go to the finals vs say us or as I said earlier we could get bounced out of first round.

I believe in the team, but only to a fault cause if we have a bad half like that first half that will be the end of anything dealing with ATL and Playoffs just saying.

The crowd gave it to Josh, he gave it back to them, when that somehow weirdly failed to silence them but actually make them come down 10X as loud, now Josh wants to take his ball and go home (and take a whiny verbal shot or two on the way out). And he took his current team down with him. We'll never know what might have happened if Josh hadn't got the crowd back into it, helping the Hawk's player's find their next gear but I'd know which way I'd bet. And he didn't help their case at all in the 4th. He completely melted down as a player, trying to take hero 3s, (for the express selfish reason of making it about him) early in the shot clock, making bad turnovers, playing frustrated defense. There was a reason McHale yanked him specifically.

And yes people can show emotions and last I checked the fans qualified as people, so don't get mad when we feel let down by a guy who had every advantage in the world, didn't apply himself and then had the stones to declare himself a max contract player (Though he found a team to bite and put themselves in cap **** so good for him).

You're right, but I was talking about him specifically just saying he's human too, and if that's towards me I'm not mad if it's towards Josh then you're right he probably shouldn't act like that.

Still though just like you're saying right now Josh has every right to call Atlanta fans out like that again I remember the MVP chants other players got when it was "dead" in the city or how loud the other crowd got over regular home crowd.

Tuscaloosa, Lexington, Green Bay, Valdosta, Statesboro(Family there), Warner Robins(Home town WOO!) unless you're talking about major cities only.

I can't disagree with that second part cause it's correct, but still this isn't so much about you guys as I'm sure most of y'all know how this Hawks teams have been over the years. It's just those that acting "Brand new" that's all.

There's only one pro team on that list.

I didn't know you wanted Pro Teams henceforth why I mentioned unless we're talking major cities etc. Just naming places I know where even if they don't win it all fans still come in and support there are even other places where they support without even having nothing to show for it.

You're right, but I was talking about him specifically just saying he's human too, and if that's towards me I'm not mad if it's towards Josh then you're right he probably shouldn't act like that.

Still though just like you're saying right now Josh has every right to call Atlanta fans out like that again I remember the MVP chants other players got when it was "dead" in the city or how loud the other crowd got over regular home crowd.

I'm just saying if your going to play the heel, play it. Don't try to get real cause all of sudden the night didn't go like you thought it was. You want to talk about a bandwagon mentality it's stomping on your opponent when you think he's down but whining about how mean and unfair it is when the tables get turned.

And Josh's lucky this is only Atlanta. We're tame .Our fans are tame and our media is tame. They get so much worse in say Boston or Philly. People want to equate not slobbering at the mouth and threatening assault against people's daughter's on twitter as "bandwagon" I'm fine with it.

Zone#7 likes this

Ray Allen's agent is sayng he's going to sit out this season.

Well off the other subject I actually kinda mad a little about this development, but it is what it is hopefully Neal does get brought out, and what's up witht the signing we had or is that ESPN not doing their jobs again?

Apparently we signed Jarell Eddie I'm guessing(no idea who he is or where he came from lol)

Well off the other subject I actually kinda mad a little about this development, but it is what it is hopefully Neal does get brought out, and what's up witht the signing we had or is that ESPN not doing their jobs again?

Apparently we signed Jarell Eddie I'm guessing(no idea who he is or where he came from lol)

Isn't he a rookie? I thought I may have heard his name in preseason games.

Sucks on Allen with Korver in such a slump - he lost his 505090 season, hope he can turn it arount, not looking like it though.

Well, we treated him better than this . . .

lol that took me a minute to figure out that's a wrestling commentator dub blink.png I was like d@mn that was harsh bro.

Sucks on Allen with Korver in such a slump - he lost his 505090 season, hope he can turn it arount, not looking like it though.

Korver is in a slump by his standards right now for sure but I get the feeling this it's irrelevant as it pertains to the playoffs. We're still weeks away, he'll have plenty of time to get hot, go into a another slump and get hot again. Only question we should be wondering is if he'll hit that perfect stride in June ideally as the second round begins.

He's been getting alot of mins lately but hopefully Bud still finds that balance between getting him rested and keeping him rhythm.

Bob Rathbun retweeted

EuP_TxTU_bigger.pngSB Nation ‏@SBNation 14m14 minutes ago

Josh Smith shared his feelings about Hawks fans after the Rockets lost: http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/3/3/8146407/josh-smith-calls-hawks-fans-bandwagoners-rockets via @kevinarnovitz

B_OkYhxU0AAcnr8.png

Tell us how you really feel Josh! laugh.pnglaugh.png

b57ff78210fd5626f23dd81f1037b4eb.jpg

tell us something we don't know Josh. Everyone knows Atlanta fans are bandwagoners. Not all but a lot. Don't see the point of players always mentioning it
AF89 likes this

tell us something we don't know Josh. Everyone knows Atlanta fans are bandwagoners. Not all but a lot. Don't see the point of players always mentioning it

Exactly it's such a played out and frankly lazy card, I guess he felt like calling out Hawk's fans in a sad attempt to get the media to shift the spotlight to us was the only comeback he had left to make, (though I also wonder if he might not be a little jealous that his team's didn't get the love this team is getting)

Folks giving Josh Smith too much play in this thread. Dude was never worth it. For Or Against.

I'm not saying your wrong but c'mon man it hasn't even been 24 hours and J. Smith taunting the fans and subsequent meltdown is still one of the biggest stories on this Wednesday afternoon, it's all sports talk radio can talk about, can you blame us? It's such a perfect example of schadenfreude on our part I know, but the guy wanted to humiliate us, ended up falling on his @ss :lol:. We'll move on before too long, trust me with the Cavs coming up Josh Smith will feel like a distant memory.

HolyMoses and Black Francis like this