Dan Quinn Wants Sean Weatherspoon Back In Fold

FentayeJones

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was said ?, I am in the dark LOL ....

He was going on about contracts and how they're empty promises from the team.

Then said you should have to buyout players if you want to cut them.

Spoon is the last person in the league who should be complaining about pay.

He was going on about contracts and how they're empty promises from the team.

Then said you should have to buyout players if you want to cut them.

Spoon is the last person in the league who should be complaining about pay.

Yeah he is not thinking because if I am a owner I am all for it. However I would want the buy out pro rated based on your production and playing time and to not count against the cap.

Some of you all act as though players asked to get injured. Football is a very physical game and injuries happen.

I hear ya.

I'm an old Dude.........watched TONS of NFL football since 1964.......yup, the original AFL, Buffalo Bills. Then moved to Atlanta in 1971 and bought season tix 6 months later. Been a Falcon fan ever since.

I honestly can't remember injuries being anything even CLOSE to what they are today. Nowhere remotely close.

Today's Prima Donnas and their multi million $$$$$$$ contracts have created a "climate" of INJURY CONVENIENCE, injuries are expected, they are so common place players expect them. It's part of the package.

During the 60's, 70's, and 80's players P L A Y E D. Period. Injuries were not part of the conversation.........extremely rare compared to today's 2 hand touch charade.

LOL

I hear ya.

I'm an old Dude.........watched TONS of NFL football since 1964.......yup, the original AFL, Buffalo Bills. Then moved to Atlanta in 1971 and bought season tix 6 months later. Been a Falcon fan ever since.

I honestly can't remember injuries being anything even CLOSE to what they are today. Nowhere remotely close.

Today's Prima Donnas and their multi million $$$$$$$ contracts have created a "climate" of INJURY CONVENIENCE, injuries are expected, they are so common place players expect them. It's part of the package.

During the 60's, 70's, and 80's players P L A Y E D. Period. Injuries were not part of the conversation.........extremely rare compared to today's 2 hand touch charade.

LOL

So Weatherspoon is supposed to just suck it up with an ACL tear? Riiiiight.

Jack Young blood played throughput the playoffs and SB with a broken fibula.

Seriously some of you old guys living in the past. The games a little bit quicker these days and guys are full time professional players. The speed of the game and the level of body contact thru speed can't be compared to yester year. A rehabbing payer spends as much time at the facility as an uninjured one. He's got ever right to get paid when he gets injured at work. Pretty sure every poster here would expect the same from there work.

Spoon needs to stop taking shots. It's a two way system. If he's angry that players get cut then he should also be angry that they get paid without actually playing.

Talented player, popular guy round the locker room and I would like him back at a low price.

I hear ya.

LOL

That's also why all those old guys you mention are suing the NFL. Teams covered up injuries and trotted hurt players with numerous injuries back onto the field. Head injuries and all. THATS the differenve in today's football and yesteryear football. Coverups.

Seriously some of you old guys living in the past. The games a little bit quicker these days and guys are full time professional players. The speed of the game and the level of body contact thru speed can't be compared to yester year. A rehabbing payer spends as much time at the facility as an uninjured one. He's got ever right to get paid when he gets injured at work. Pretty sure every poster here would expect the same from there work.

not really. I go to work NO MATTER how im feeling. Thats what men do. Unless my leg is broken or something im at work man. Im not getting paid to sit at home. Its that simple.