Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RYNE

Falcons Waive Massaquoi

Lofton has never 'balled out' as a Saint. He was a part of one of the worst defenses in history one year and last year was one of the worst graded LB's in the NFL.

Mass will join the likes of Sidbury, Walker, ect as the next message board hero to do nothing yet again.

Agree +1000000!! Lofton never balled out with the Saints. Lofton was always over rated.

Not surprised. I know many here want to think that Mass wasn't given a chance, but the reality may be that he was given a chance on the practice field and never could earn himself playing time. Just like there is game film there is also practice film to look at and evaluate from. My guess is that Mass didn't carry himself well on the practice field. Just my opinion, and yes it is pure speculation.

It ain't size, bruh. Mass is plenty big enought to play defensive end and he's five pounds heavier than Cliff Avril.

Anything to dismiss the fact Mass was talking too much for a back-up. Plain and simple. If it were Osi or Hageman, they would have said to have passion, fire, and intensity. The thing about Mass though...he just wasn't that good. Definitely not good enough to run his mouth.

Anything to dismiss the fact Mass was talking too much for a back-up. Plain and simple. If it were Worrilow, they would have said to have passion, fire, and intensity. The thing about Mass though...he just wasn't that good. Definitely not good enough to run his mouth.

Ftfy

NO WAY Hageman gets a pass around here. No way.

Ftfy

NO WAY Hageman gets a pass around here. No way.

Good Question........ I have to wonder how Quinn will be viewed if Hag doesn't get his snaps. Everyone knows how Smitty and Nolan were talked about when they unfairly didn't give Mass the snaps he earned. I'm looking forward to the future reads in TATF

Good players Gerald tudes all the time and don't get cut. Jussayin.

Agree with others that this was a message to the rest of the players.

Do wonder what would have happened if he'd been drafted on Quinn's watch. Think that, under Quinn, every roster spot [ 'cept for a couple obvious ones] will be up for grabs.

Mass may have a real complaint that lesser players got his snaps with Smith /Nolan. His attitude might have been so poisoned by his frustration that he needed a fresh start.

Do wonder what would have happened if he'd been drafted on Quinn's watch. Think that, under Quinn, every roster spot [ 'cept for a couple obvious ones] will be up for grabs.

Mass may have a real complaint that lesser players got his snaps with Smith /Nolan. His attitude might have been so poisoned by his frustration that he needed a fresh start.

Agreed.

I don't think he would have been drafted on Quinn's watch.

Cutting Mass is a sad commentary on Dimitroff's draft philosophy and perhaps points to how differently he and Quinn "might" view the upcoming Draft (and future ones as well.)

Anyone who didn't see this coming is an idiot. Mike Nolan talked about how Mass would play more if he practiced harder. The idiots on this board talked about how Nolan and Smith played favorites. Well your analysis was 100 percent wrong as usual. You're own God (Quinn) cut him down like chopped pork. So much for the incredibly stupid idea by you people he just needed "coached up".

KOG, if Mass had a bad attitude, then that might have been indicative of a bigger issue on our team. We have many players particularly on our O and D lines and at LB who were -given- starting jobs without actually having to -earn- them. When was the last time a young player beat out a vet for playing time? Players have gained playing time either thru injuries to starters or replacing players who leave the team. Mass may have felt 'entitled' because some of our players -were- entitled to starting jobs without even earning them. Not making excuses for Mass...I am saying this may be indicative of a bigger morale problem on the team.

They won't get it, Mid-Nite-Toker. Some folks on these boards are dead convinced firing Smitty was a good thing. Personally I did think Smitty needed to go, but not because he was a bad coach. The guy did not seem to be aging well...

They won't get it, Mid-Nite-Toker. Some folks on these boards are dead convinced firing Smitty was a good thing. Personally I did think Smitty needed to go, but not because he was a bad coach. The guy did not seem to be aging well...

Some folks are convinced players were out of position and just didn't flat out suck...we've always had a talent problem(not coaching).

As far as Mass earning playing time in practice...if Mass could not excel practicing against our sorry O line, then the guy does not need to be in the NFL...

The problem is that he "excelled" in real game action against other teams' OL.

Sometimes, players are "game time" players. Maybe you hesitate to put those types of players on the field over effective vets but our vets weren't effective.

That's where the disconnect always was. If Mass is okay at generating pressure (which he was) and the guys in front of him (3 fat guys and Kroy) are not good at generating pressures (which they werent), why is Mass on the bench? Because of his attitude? Because he wasn't a practice player?

Meh.

The problem is that he "excelled" in real game action against other teams' OL.

I think you're using the word "excelled" a little loosely.

I guess we'll see how good he is when he sits on the bench for another team.