Lamar Holmes Has Been Warned To Get In Shape And Get Ready To Play Or Get Cut Coming Off Foot Injury

Mr. Hoopah!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tweet specifically mentions his foot injury. The point being made here is that he shouldn't get out of shape following it, but, once recovered, get right back into his training regimen. This is a whole new coaching staff for the most part, and certainly a new OL coach, Assist. OL coach, and OC. They are seeing him, probably, gaining weight as a result of being off of his foot, and warning him to get not stay that way, once he is able to get back, most likely based just on what they know of his previous seasons. We don't even know who said this.

I wouldn't take this as a "Holmes is being lazy again!" statement, but rather simply a warning, about what not to do once he's healthy again, based on his history. As someone else in here said, he may not be the only one this was said too.

Yeah i'm not saying thats what is going on. McClure could be taking everything out of context for all i know. I just wouldn't say a word to him about being in shape. If he came out of shape and it was due to the foot injury or in part of it then obviously you have to be understanding, but if he is healthy and comes in out of shape then i show him the door.

Yeah i'm not saying thats what is going on. McClure could be taking everything out of context for all i know. I just wouldn't say a word to him about being in shape. If he came out of shape and it was due to the foot injury or in part of it then obviously you have to be understanding, but if he is healthy and comes in out of shape then i show him the door.

I'm sure that there's a lot more said to players by coaches than we hear on here.

Na if he was a rookie i'd understand. He aint a rookie. And he already has rubbed me the wrong way by being out of shape before. You shouldn't have to push a player to do the bare necessities of being in shape. And we aren't even talking about his talent. Heck, we can't even get into talking about his talent until he is in shape.

It would be different if it were "hey Lamar we need you to get stronger and improve". We are talking about just being in the proper shape to compete. Thats level 1 basic stuff that should not even need to be addressed. It should be a given.

It should be but a lot of times it isnt. Many top players have to be pushed to stay in shape and such. Some players slack becauee they don't see them actually getting on the field. Some players became great because they had coaches that DID stay on their @ss. It's tim to worry when a coach isn't talking ish to you. As long as he's on your @se it m and he sees the potential. If coaches are still talking to Holmes it means they see something there. I like that this coaching staff is like that so far. Pushing your players is gonna get the best out of them. Make em or break em. mike smith and staff was too quiet on players for too long and it's a mean reason we fell into suckage.

I'm guessing Holmes isn't the only person who this message was delivered to.

This feels like irresponsible reporting. Why didn't McClure "@" Holmes on Twitter?

I know the Holmes haters will use this to further their agenda...but this seems irresponsible or way out of context.

Exactly

It should be but a lot of times it isnt. Many top players have to be pushed to stay in shape and such. Some players slack becauee they don't see them actually getting on the field. Some players became great because they had coaches that DID stay on their @ss. It's tim to worry when a coach isn't talking ish to you. As long as he's on your @se it m and he sees the potential. If coaches are still talking to Holmes it means they see something there. I like that this coaching staff is like that so far. Pushing your players is gonna get the best out of them. Make em or break em. mike smith and staff was too quiet on players for too long and it's a mean reason we fell into suckage.

Its completely different when a coach is on your @ss wanting you too improve or pushing you hard in practice and a coach having to warn a player that if he does not do the very basic and simplest part of his job (showing up in shape) then he is gone.

Its completely different when a coach is on your @ss wanting you too improve or pushing you hard in practice and a coach having to warn a player that if he does not do the very basic and simplest part of his job (showing up in shape) then he is gone.

You do realize it was never even implied that the person that told this to Holmes was a coach in the first place, yes?

Just making sure. I'm positive some have taken that for granted already.

Who cares who said it? It was said and by someone in charge that is all that matters. On that topic though, you're acting like it being said has no correlation to the new "coaching" staff when nothing like that was ever reported said in the past. There is absolutely nothing to take for granted.