Are We Forgetting Oline?

kelvin31063

Our offensive line still isn't solid and no mention to shoring this up. There were no lanes available the past two seasons and rarely lanes available on Turners last year here. I am not sold on this offensive line at all. Let's be honest... Matt struggled this year because of this offensive line and with a new OC this could improve or it could actually get worse. His stats weren't bad but looking at the games you could see that he needed more time and more confidence in the line. He didn't really have that. I'm all for getting this defense right which is what we need the most but I think our offense will be great with its current receivers as long as the line is FIXED. Maybe its too much to ask for a complete team so soon but I think half of our defense issues are now gone since Smitty and Nolan are out. Of course personnel still needs to be upgraded as this is a need every offseason with every team.

I think most of us are but depending on how FA pans out on defense (I'm praying for Mcphee & Graham/Hughes) OL should be the 2nd pick. If we miss in FA on defense, OL gets pushed backed to the 3rd & that's when it might be better to sign a instant upgrade or stopgap

Guest facelessman07

People have such short memories. Just a year ago we had nearly the worst line in the league. Then we improved a little, then regressed. It definitely needs to be strengthened

Some of those who say the line is fine will be the first to raise their pitchforks once Ryan gets pressured or hurried

Guest facelessman07

The beauty of being fans is we can talk all day everyday about this and that and completely ignore areas of genuine concern and it has no affect on what the actual guys in charge are doing.

Bull

I'm sure our boy Jay randomly prints off 1 post per day and proceeds to put it in the suggestion box

Obviously LT is locked

LG is open for improvement.

Center could use some improvement, I think Hawley is built for ZBS though

Asamoah has his spot locked.

Schraeder was highly graded at RT.

Put Hawley at LG and let Konz play center with Carimi be rotation at LG That was what he was drafted for and he played in a ZBS scheme at Wisconsin... Look at that fix our line in house come on now we already have a top 10 offense.. Majority of the attention needs to go towards the defense which was last in the league in case you forgot

Hawley is not stout enough to play guard. Konz cannot pass protect, period. We ended last season with five O linemen on IR. Plus Blalock missed time, and Matthews had a broken foot all season. Without a scheme switch? Maybe we go into next season needing one interior lineman. But now there is no telling who can do what in a ZBS system (which I hate).