Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Willy Mo

Walter Tavares...

35 posts in this topic

Even if we are missing a starting SF, this offseason has been very good overall. Budcox gets my approval, but they better not throw away next years draft.

AF89 likes this

He moves like a snail caught in honey. I hope he's ready for about triple the speed he was playing right there.

He moves like a snail caught in honey. I hope he's ready for about triple the speed he was playing right there.

He's 7'3". Considering his size, he moves pretty well.

He's 7'3". Considering his size, he moves pretty well.

I hear ya, but he's still not moving at NBA speeds. Not even close yet.

If he plays in more than 15 games all season, and more than 5 minutes in any of those games, I'll be beyond surprised. He very likely only sees garbage time minutes at most. I really hope people aren't expecting him to come in and guard guys like Gasol, Lopez, Cousins, Drummond, or Howard. He's got about a ZERO percent chance of seeing the floor when one of those types of guys is in there. He would get schooled so hard it would probably make the kid cry.

I just think people need to temper their expectations and not think so much with their Homer feelings about this kid. Tavares has a LONG way to go to prove he's not just another Priest Lauderdale.