Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Willy Mo

Walter Tavares...

35 posts in this topic

Word is he's been balling out in the ACB foreign league.

With our weaknesses, he is gonna be just what we need next season.

7'3, 265, 7'9 wingspan, dominant rebounder and shot blocker.

With Payne gone (and hopefully Pero in the offseason) we have a spot for him.

I was on the Pero bandwagon early on, but the guy has been flat out awful since mid-January. Can't stand him anymore.

I don't think we're allowed to get Walter on the team this season. But once next season comes around, I would love to see him called back and learning Buds system.

We can finally have our dominant C. I really like this kid.

He average 6pts, 4reb, and a block in only 16 minutes in the summer league. I really want him here next year given our current weaknesses.

Guarantee he doesn't get more than 10 Mpg next season

Bud will come around sometime. He's not an idiot. He knows our weaknesses. You may be right in his first year, but I think by his second/third years he will be a major player in the rotation.

Best case scenario would be halfway through next season is when he starts getting major minutes. Obviously he can't be expected to get in the rotation his first year, but after what Bud sees from him in some garbage time minutes I wouldn't be surprised if he gets more PT.

Bud will come around sometime. He's not an idiot. He knows our weaknesses. You may be right in his first year, but I think by his second/third years he will be a major player in the rotation.

Best case scenario would be halfway through next season is when he starts getting major minutes. Obviously he can't be expected to get in the rotation his first year, but after what Bud sees from him in some garbage time minutes I wouldn't be surprised if he gets more PT.

Hes only been playing basketball for like 4 years.

Bud isn't going to deal with growing pains. He's still at least 2 years away from being a major rotation piece.

I don't see the harm in using our last bench spot on any project next year at least in the regular season. It's not like we're getting alot of use out of it in any case, almost feel like I could sub in for Elton Brand for all we use him.

I don't see the harm in using our last bench spot on any project next year at least in the regular season. It's not like we're getting alot of use out of it in any case, almost feel like I could sub in for Elton Brand for all we use him.

Oh I think he will be here. I just dont think he will play much. And for that reason, he may not come here. Kind of like Payne in Dleague.

Hawks scouts are also in Turkey scouting Lamar Patterson. Goodbye Jenkins.

Think we can all agree no matter how this season shakes out 1st round, 2nd round, ECF, or Finals exit, or even a Championship win.

Pero, Brand, and Jenkins are possibly gone. I'm not so sure with Shelvin Mack I think he makes for a good 3rd string PG right now.

Mack will stay. From the shotty moments he's been playing recently he looks a ton more under control and intelligent.

But still, I can't wait to see some Tavares. Even if it is in garbage time.

Yes Mack will be a target for retaining but the question would be whether he'd want to stay. I know a lot of people think he could the no .2 and occasionally starting point guard for alot of other teams. Not saying that's my opinion but it's what I hear.

What're we going to do with Carroll? Personally I wouldn't mind dumping him for Jimmy Butler

First of all we can sign Carroll for basically nothing against the cap because we have his early bird rights and can over the salary cap to sign him.

Secondly Jimmy Butler is going to get a max deal from somewhere and I highly doubt the Bulls let him go now seeing as how he is there only true star(Rose is done)

Yes Mack will be a target for retaining but the question would be whether he'd want to stay. I know a lot of people think he could the no .2 and occasionally starting point guard for alot of other teams. Not saying that's my opinion but it's what I hear.

Mack signed a 3yr deal, so he has 2 left one being a team option. He can be used in a trade for teams looking for a quality back up.

If Tavares can replace Brand as the brawler, we should draft Frank Kaminsky in rd 1 to replace Pero as the 3 pt shooting big. The only other guy that needs to go is John Jenkins and maybe we can get a SG like Aaron Harrison in rd 2. They have a second rd 2 pick but will probably trade it. They could use it on an int developmental guy who is a couple years from the NBA also.

Horford

Milsap

Carrol

Teague

Korver

Sepholosha

Bazemore

Shroeder

Mack

Scott

Muscala

All these guys are keepers. Anyone who is a FA needs to be re-signed.

Horford-I personally wouldn't oppose to mulling trade offers

Milsap- Keeper. I love me some Milli

Carrol-definitely a keeper. He is slowly becoming an all-star right here in the ATL

Teague- I can't imagine how meh we would be without Teague. Plus him and Schroder in the backcourt is deadly

Korver-Threezus stays. Need I say more?

Sepholosha-Ehhhh idk Thabo could be replaced. But I like him as a vet on the team.

Bazemore-Gotta love Baze's heart for the game. He is just a solid 6th man

Schroder-He is our future. You gotta keep him.

Mack-Meh I couldn't care less what we do with Shelvin

Scott-He is Milsap's replacement. The kid can score in bunches and is a great role player for us

Muscala-If we didn't have him we wouldn't have MooseGoggles.

All these guys are keepers. Anyone who is a FA needs to be re-signed.

That's how I see it^

What're we going to do with Carroll? Personally I wouldn't mind dumping him for Jimmy Butler

Please tell me this is sarcasm.

ah well i think any GM would dump Carroll for Jimmy Butler. Why don't you dump Korver for LeBron while you're at it. Also call up GS and trade Jeff Teague for Steph Curry

We can't afford to dump Carroll for Butler.

You can sign Carroll over the cap. You cant with Butler.

Unless you want to lose Carroll and Millsap and only sign Butler this offseason...

Again

Winslow equals Butler. Just draft him.

If Tavares can replace Brand as the brawler, we should draft Frank Kaminsky in rd 1 to replace Pero as the 3 pt shooting big. The only other guy that needs to go is John Jenkins and maybe we can get a SG like Aaron Harrison in rd 2. They have a second rd 2 pick but will probably trade it. They could use it on an int developmental guy who is a couple years from the NBA also.

We should be drafting a SG or SF we will.have enough young shooting bigs in Moose, Scott and Edy.