A.j. Hawk Or Worrilow......

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did any of you actually watch our linebackers play last year? The mlb position can and most definitely will be upgraded by Quinn and company. I have my favorites on this team, but this irrational talk about Worrilow being an above average NFL starter is just embarrassing. People say we have the worst fans in the country. I take exception to that. We just have fans that mistake hard working, underachievers for Pro Bowlers in the making, only if the coaches surrounded them with other players to prop them up. Luke kuechly doesn't need Thomas Davis to be a beast. He just is. And vice versa. What about Trufant? He didn't let this shittty defense get in the way of him being a stud. It was already in him.

Stop blaming others for Worrilows shortcomings. He is what he is.

Edited by rollo lawson

Did any of you actually watch our linebackers play last year? The mlb position can and most definitely will be upgraded by Quinn and company. I have my favorites on this team, but this irrational talk about Worrilow being an NFL starter is just embarrassing. People say we have the worst fans in the country. I take exception to that. We just have fans that mistake hard working, underachievers for Pro Bowlers in the making, only if the stars magically aligned to create the perfect situation.

I understand fully and agree on many levels. However, I also think Worrilow is one of the few who will be a bit better in a much simpler defense. If we do get a better player, then its all gravy, but Hawk isn't a much better player himself. If you really want a better guy I would say look at

http://youtu.be/1AAzJEsxHUk

I understand fully and agree on many levels. However, I also think Worrilow is one of the few who will be a bit better in a much simpler defense. If we do get a better player, then its all gravy, but Hawk isn't a much better player himself. If you really want a better guy I would say look at

http://youtu.be/1AAzJEsxHUk

I agree about Hawk. He is not very good either.

THIS. Can't understand why so many around here settle for mediocrity.

Because players in the NFL made it being mediocre. Fact is you can't build a roster where every player is a stud. Best case scenario is you end up with a bunch of better than average NFL caliber players and have a couple winning seasons, then end up with a ton of rookies again. Pro Football in a nutshell. The Seahawks are a good example of this. Nearly every player on their team is getting huge paydays due to some better than average play over a couple years and will soon find themselves falling short of of making the playoffs again due to not being able to pay everyone. Unless you have a couple studs carry you, some insane luck, and Brady/Bellichick, then you don't end up sustaining success for long.

I'll take PW and another good LB to pair up with some halfway decent pass rushers. Dude still makes more plays then anyone on our D not named Trufant.

Because players in the NFL made it being mediocre. Fact is you can't build a roster where every player is a stud. Best case scenario is you end up with a bunch of better than average NFL caliber players and have a couple winning seasons, then end up with a ton of rookies again. Pro Football in a nutshell. The Seahawks are a good example of this. Nearly every player on their team is getting huge paydays due to some better than average play over a couple years and will soon find themselves falling short of of making the playoffs again due to not being able to pay everyone. Unless you have a couple studs carry you, some insane luck, and Brady/Bellichick, then you don't end up sustaining success for long.

I'll take PW and another good LB to pair up with some halfway decent pass rushers. Dude still makes more plays then anyone on our D not named Trufant.

making plays would be TFLs, INTs,FF,Fumble recoveries,sacks,passes defended. Did Paul Worrilow lead the Atlanta Falcons in any of these categories? If he didn't he wasn't making more plays than anyone outside of Trufant. Ish made more plays than Worrilow last year.

This the ridiculous, idiotic stuff I'm talking about. What "plays" did he make last year? Are you serious?

dont tell that to the message board coaches around here.... he put up 100+ tackles, 2 sacks, and some PDs this season, 2nd season as a UDFA.... clearly he doesnt belong in the league rolleyes.gif

Trufant looked good with no pressure and the qb having five minutes to throw. You know why, because Trufant has talent and is on his way to being All-Pro. Edited by rollo lawson

Trufant looked good with no pressure and the qb having five minutes to throw. You know why, because Trufant has talent and is on his way to being All-Pro.

What's your point breh? Trufant is All-Pro material - dude is a shutdown corner, and a 1st round pick. Worrilow is a UDFA who has flashed the potential to be a top 15 ILB (he ranked 3rd in tackles this year I believe?) and put up a good stat line. Any ILB would've looked bad with the anemic pass rush we had.

What's your point breh? Trufant is All-Pro material - dude is a shutdown corner, and a 1st round pick. Worrilow is a UDFA who has flashed the potential to be a top 15 ILB (he ranked 3rd in tackles this year I believe?) and put up a good stat line. Any ILB would've looked bad with the anemic pass rush we had.

I'm willing to bet Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman wouldn't have looked bad.

when has he flashed the potential to be a top 15 ILB? What specifically has he done outside of tackles to warrant such consideration. What signature play can you point to? What signature game? I'll be waiting for your response bruh!!

when has he flashed the potential to be a top 15 ILB? What specifically has he done outside of tackles to warrant such consideration. What signature play can you point to? What signature game? I'll be waiting for your response bruh!!

Considering he made the NFL All-Rookie Team in 2013 and was top 5 in tackles made in the NFL for ILB both seasons I believe, uhhh what do you think brohammy?

I was at the Chicago game this year (which SUCKED) but one of the few highlights was Worrilow putting a hit on Cutler so hard I thought Cutler was done for the season, you could hear it across the dome. Dude has potential.

When your stat line in 2 seasons as a UDFA LB on a crap defense is:

Tackles 270 Sacks 4 Pass Deflected 3 Forced Fumbles 2

You're doing something right.

Considering he made the NFL All-Rookie Team in 2013 and was top 5 in tackles made in the NFL for ILB both seasons I believe, uhhh what do you think brohammy?

I was at the Chicago game this year (which SUCKED) but one of the few highlights was Worrilow putting a hit on Cutler so hard I thought Cutler was done for the season, you could hear it across the dome. Dude has potential.

When your stat line in 2 seasons as a UDFA LB on a crap defense is:

Tackles 270 Sacks 4 Pass Deflected 3 Forced Fumbles 2

You're doing something right.

ZealousSevereEquine.gif

ZealousSevereEquine.gif