Can Jonathan Massaquoi Be A Starting De On This Team?

WiscoFalcon

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's what 27 now? Tick tick tick. He was always a potential guy. And he never got the chance with us to develop. Maybe he can use his raw athletic ability to be a situational pass rusher. But in our numbers game, he may get a chance to start. A new regime equals a new chance.

He'll be 27 in May. Plenty of time left to realize his potential. I doubt he'll be more than depth, but if he's solid depth, we won't have the problems we had the last two seasons - crap depth.

all players from last season better be ready for a 'you are not who you think you are' moment from Quinn IMO....and that can be good or bad. i keep going back to my eye test from last season...other than Tru, NO ONE consistently won their battles...especially the front 7 folks. Peters was probably the best outta the bunch....

i think he can be coached up and be a rotational pass rusher. I feel he has not been developed by nolan and smitty. folks we have seen flashes but i don't think he was happy with nolan and smitty and vice versa so he didn't get to play much. Quinn will develop him this season and by mid season you will see a better player. NOT a starter a quality back up. I am praying Biermann will not be resigned.

Could he be? Yea. Will he be as good as he could have been if he had been developed from day one? No. I think his growth was stunted because of the coaches' pride. I think he'll be a good sidekick rusher but I thought he had borderline lead dog potential. Max 11 sack season kind of guy. Now, I think his max is in the 6-8 range.

Massaquoi is at least solid depth. Had 5 sacks couple yrs ago. He may surprise us and he may not. I expect him to be given a chance to get in rotation.

solid depth...i agree....any guys we bring in will be starters to replace osi, bierman, worrilow, and bartu....we still need backups, rotational guys and special teamers. I doubt we cut anyone on defense that actually played last season

Could he be? Yea. Will he be as good as he could have been if he had been developed from day one? No. I think his growth was stunted because of the coaches' pride. I think he'll be a good sidekick rusher but I thought he had borderline lead dog potential. Max 11 sack season kind of guy. Now, I think his max is in the 6-8 range.

Trufant developed just fine under the old regime. If you have talent and work hard then it's hard to stop you from showing it. The players themselves have to have some responsibility for their success as well. If Mass can't be anything more than a rotational guy then that's on him, not someone else.

The primary difference in Quinn's system is no more read and react for the D-line. Guys will be allowed to just upset the QB in any way possible. I cannot wait.

That's not entirely true. That Seattle system was not purely an attacking, one-gap defense. The way they mixed and matched responsibilities with a lot of 3-4 principles -- some one-gapping, some two gapping -- it was more of an engage and hold, build a wall up front with the linemen than a classic penetrating defense.