Lets Assume The Mocks Are Wrong Again

Begotten912

Trade down, somebody will want a WR or QB. If not, take Collins.

I think you may be on to something. Collins is the Total Package. He's fast, hits like a ton of bricks, he can read routes, pick the ball off and he's right at home once he gets the ball in his hands. Looks like he could also return punts.

Because you will never get anything close to a 1'st rounder trying to trade him away. You can't draft someone with the idea of trading them for more value because it practically never works out to your advantage. If a team wanted him they would trade up to your position, not trade for him after you draft him.

eagles and patriots got paid with garbage back ups. We would get paid a lot better

I'd be on the phone with the Eagles to see just how bad the really do want Mariotta.

The Rams could go QB at 10, so Philly might want to jump ahead of them. The Giants are at 9 and would not in a million years make a trade to help a division rival get a potential franchise QB. Thus, Philly would need to trade with us to guarantee they get their guy.

If Philly wanted to trade, here's my offer:

Falcons get Philly's 1st (#20), 4th, and DE Vinny Curry

Philly gets our 1st (#8) & our 5th

Essentially we drop 12 spots in the 1st & move up 20 something spots from the 5th to mid 4th, plus we get a young vet DE w/ pass rushing abilities for our trouble. We can take Dupree in the 1st, McKinney in the 2nd, and suddenly our D starts looking pretty good.

If the Eagles won't make the deal, I go Shelton or Kevin White.

Archived