Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shredman

Free Agency 2015 ....

1,521 posts in this topic

if your "best" players include a kicker, you're doing it wrong.

well when you have players Like M Ryan, J Jones, D Hester and D Trufant , who are lets face it...above ave even by NFL Standards... and considering the Positions those guys Play

no M Bryant is not our best Player, But he probably is our most Consistent Player, and 1 of the Most Consistent in the Entire NFL ...

great Move for Falcons Locking him up, he would have been my first guy to lock up as well....

I would like to see um lock up Spoon and A Smith sooner rather later too...

wow

there are some teams in bad shape, only 2 or 3 mil in space

then i saw Saints

lol

man

24k over the cap right now lol

I know the last few yrs, they have made it work...

2013 they got guys to take pay cuts

then they cut a lot of those guys in 2014, and still lost some good players like Sproals and Armstead ...

now no1 is willing to take those Pay Cuts, and there is talk of cutting both starting Guards...

truly is cap he77 for Saints

and on a team with really only 2 true super stars , 1 being an aging QB the other a TE who was hurt a lot last yr....

Gonna be Rough for Saints to bounce back in 2015....

heres everyone else

lmao @ Jags

60 mil in Cap Space

and not 1 super star signed in the last few yrs...

and they wonder why they suck every yr lol....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/full-offseason-breakdown-for-all-32-nfl-teams/ss-BBhWb4k

"lmao @ Jags

60 mil in Cap Space"

Same thing Oakland had last few years.... just means they give ridiculous deals to aging or mediocre talent to get to the cap floor. Crap like that is incredibly insulting to the fanbase. You have to play like crap for quite a while to get to that point and by the time your team is good the banbase is so asswhipped by that point.

Matt Bryant resigned. Nice to be able to afford to keep your best players. Amiright nola90

We might be getting Ted Ginn back to return kicks

wow

then i saw Saints

lol

man

then they cut a lot of those guys in 2014, and still lost some good players like Sproals and Armstead ...

now no1 is willing to take those Pay Cuts, and there is talk of cutting both starting Guards...

and on a team with really only 2 true super stars , 1 being an aging QB the other a TE who was hurt a lot last yr....

heres everyone else

lmao @ Jags

60 mil in Cap Space

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/full-offseason-breakdown-for-all-32-nfl-teams/ss-BBhWb4k

When did the Saints lose Armstead?

I seem to remember him putting one through the uprights from 52 yards out to beat that scrub team you were cheering on...

Let's not forget the 3 others he nailed in New Orleans while he had the flu!

AL was horrible. He had some picks but he was a free reception on the field when he wasn't mugging receivers

ehhh

i think he is ok man...

with Falcons Pass Rush, very few corners would look good...

only reason Tru looks so good, is because he is a next level Talent

IMO Al would be fine if the WRs didnt have 10 secs + to get open

wow

then i saw Saints

lol

man

heres everyone else

lmao @ Jags

60 mil in Cap Space

misread and edited

The Buffalo Bills are looking to close a deal with free-agent quarterback Josh McCown.

The Buffalo News reported Thursday that the two sides have started negotiations on a contract, according to an NFL source. A deal for McCown could be wrapped up by Friday.

McCown, 35, has drawn considerable interest on the barren free-agent quarterback market since being released by the Buccaneers on Feb. 11. McCown spent the previous two days visiting the Browns. He also met with the Jets and Bears.

The Bills and new coach Rex Ryan are desperate to find an alternative to EJ Manuel, the former first-round pick who was benched four games into last season. Kyle Orton served as a Band-Aid last season; McCown would serve a similar purpose for a team without a first-round pick in April

Where will Thomas play in 2015?
  • Denver
    8.8%
  • Jacksonville
    14.7%
  • Atlanta
    32.4%
  • Other
    44.1%

According to Mike Klis of The Denver Post, the Jacksonville Jaguars "will be among [Thomas'] most aggressive pursuers." That would make sense considering the team needs to surround quarterback Blake Bortles with weapons, and tight end Marcedes Lewis wasn't productive after returning from injury last season. The team also has an abundance of cap space, according to Spotrac.com.

Although, the Jaguars won't be the only team making a play for the tight end, as the Atlanta Falcons are also rumored to have interest, according to D. Orlando Ledbetter of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Atlanta has been lacking a viable threat at tight end since the departure of Tony Gonzalez, and giving quarterback Matt Ryan additional weapons is never a bad idea.

This may all come down to which team is more willing to bust open the checkbook and shell out a plethora of guaranteed money. If that's the case, the nod goes to the Jaguars, as they are expected to spend big in free agency.

NFL Free Agents Rumors: Denver Broncos Julius Thomas Could Sign With Atlanta Falcons or Jacksonville Jaguars This Offseason As Free Agent
denver-broncos-tight-end-julius-thomas.j
The Denver Broncos appear ready to let tight end Julius Thomas walk as a free agent, and the Atlanta Falcons and Jacksonville Jaguars are very interested in signing him. NFL free agents rumors are swirling around the league this 2015 offseason, and some of the best players could be traded, release or signed by the deadline. (Photo : Getty)

This offseason promises to be a challenging one for the Denver Broncos.

It doesn't look like John Elway can convince Peyton Manning to take a pay cut, the team's best defensive lineman, Terrance Knighton, may walk as a free agent, and the running back position is still questionable.

Not only does their best wide receiver, Demaryius Thomas, have an expiring contract, but Julius Thomas is also set to hit the open market. There's a very high possibility that Demaryius Thomas will get the franchise tag by the Broncos this offseason, thus remaining in Denver for at least one more season.

As for the Broncos' star tight end, Julius Thomas is likely on his way out, according to NFL reports. Those same reports have also shown that the Atlanta Falcons and Jacksonville Jaguars are among the most interested teams in the league pursuing Thomas.

At first glance, it may seem like a bad decision for the Broncos to cut ties with Thomas, but they have to do it because of financial reasons. They have huge re-signings to make, and Manning is more than capable of making average tights look great anyway. Thomas previously rejected a five-year, $40 million offer from the Broncos.

Share This Story

Like Us on Facebook

Hardy would be intriguing to say the least!

oh you guys saw in the GM game thing....

Hardy was my first FA grab lol

but that was when i thought he may come a bit cheaper lol

but still, all the nonsense Panthers Fans were talking about how he hates Falcons and would never play for them lol

yea that dog dont hunt in Todays NFL

Players go with who can pay them and who they think has a chance to win....

Updated Names linked to Falcons

M Bryant (signed)

Spoon

A Smith

D Lowery

J Thomas TE Broncos

JPP DE Giants

G Hardy DE Panthers

M Smith LB Seahawks

B Maxwell CB Seahawks

J Forsett RB Ravens

J Hughes DE Bills

D McCourty FS Patriots

I'm not a fan of bringing in hardy but how hilarious would that be

well

if Giants dont tag JPP, they will probably Sign Hardy

but that opens the door for us with JPP

if they tag JPP

Hardy could realistically become a Falcon.....

and i am all for it man

just make sure you surround him with good advisers

no question in my mind hes a Top 3 DE in this league....

Antone Smith: Who wouldn't want to be a Falcon?
He was no doubt the Atlanta Falcons' MVP through the first half of last season. Now, Antone Smith is just waiting to see what his NFL future holds.

The diminutive running back, who has averaged 49 yards per scoring play on seven career touchdowns, continues to patiently wait for news on a new a contract. While nothing has been relayed to Smith personally just yet, word at the NFL combine last week was Smith indeed is one of the players with an expiring contract the Falcons have prioritized to bring back. But there also were whispers in Indianapolis about the New York Giants being interested in Smith. Not to mention former Falcons offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter is now in Tampa and knows how special a talent Smith is.

Smith, who turns 30 in September, has low mileage with just 44 touches in five NFL seasons.

New Falcons coach Dan Quinn has emphasized the need for speed, which is Smith's biggest asset when he's healthy. Plus, owner Arthur Blank previously expressed a desire to keep Smith around for years to come.

"Who wouldn't want to be a Falcon?" Smith said. "Heck yeah, I want to be here."

There is one obstacle Smith has to overcome, however. He is still in the process of rehabbing the broken right leg that prematurely ended his 2014 season.

"I can't do too much right now," Smith said. "It's about getting strength back in the leg. It was a broken tibia. I have no idea when I'm going to start running again. But my thought is, I'm always going to be confident in myself. I'll be back to full strength."

With four touchdowns of 40 or more yards last season, Smith ranked third in the league behind Green Bay's Jordy Nelson (seven) and Washington's DeSean Jackson (five), according to ESPN Stats & Information. Smith had five touchdowns overall on 36 touches while playing in 10 games.

"He made us more explosive," former Falcons offensive line coach Mike Tice said of Smith. "His percentage of explosive plays were lights out."

Smith's speed and explosion would be ideal in new offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan's outside-zone blocking scheme, which depends on a one-cut-and-go mentality for the running backs. Shanahan, Quinn and general manager Thomas Dimitroff have raved about how second-year back Devonta Freeman could thrive in the new system. And the Falcons could add another veteran back such as Justin Forsett, with Steven Jackson expected to be released.

No matter what, there should be a place in Shanahan's offense for a dynamic playmaker such as Smith.

"That system can fit any back," Smith said. "The sky's the limit in that system. If I am a Falcon, that would be my pedigree right there."

Not to be forgotten is Smith's contribution on special teams as a gunner. He led the Falcons with 10 special-teams tackles during the 2013 season.

The humble Smith, as usual, downplayed his significance to the team.

"I feel like I'm just like anybody else," Smith said. "I just like to play football. I never really look at how valuable I am. I just want to play."

Lol at the Falcons signing hardy.

It'd be a good pick up but I'm sure fun will be had with all the rightousness we get from some of these posters

I think the Falcon Filter has ran its course

you bring in players that can help you win....

period

D Quinn has 100% hold on roster Moves

and in his first ever Presser...

he said guys he would look at first as FAs, are the guys who need a second chance....

Hardy fits that bill

and is one of the best pass rushers in the NFL.....

I think the Falcon Filter has ran its course

you bring in players that can help you win....

period

D Quinn has 100% hold on roster Moves

and in his first ever Presser...

he said guys he would look at first as FAs, are the guys who need a second chance....

Hardy fits that bill

and is one of the best pass rushers in the NFL.....

Yes, Hardy is one of the best pass rushers in the league, but it would still be funny to watch him go from bloodthirsty criminal thug, to misunderstood pariah :lol:

Yes, Hardy is one of the best pass rushers in the league, but it would still be funny to watch him go from bloodthirsty criminal thug, to misunderstood pariah laugh.png

ehhhhhhhh , I dont see that being the case

Hardy is gonna have to watch his step....

and I am sure anyone that gives him a lot of Money will have Personal Conduct Clauses

in other words, hes gonna have about 70 mil to lose if he messes up again.....

I know i certainly wont condone the bad choices he has made in the past, But will support him in the present and future if hes a Falcon , as long as he keeps his nose clean....

ehhhhhhhh , I dont see that being the case

Hardy is gonna have to watch his step....

and I am sure anyone that gives him a lot of Money will have Personal Conduct Clauses

in other words, hes gonna have about 70 mil to lose if he messes up again.....

I know i certainly wont condone the bad choices he has made in the past, But will support him in the present and future if hes a Falcon , as long as he keeps his nose clean....

And doesn't pipe illegal crowd noise into the Georgia Dome or Sphincter Dome.laugh.png

NFL on ESPN retweeted

#Chiefs announced release of TE Anthony Fasano.

Around The NFL @AroundTheNFL 34m34 minutes ago

Jaguars release CB Will Blackmon

Pro Football Rumors @pfrumors 51m51 minutes ago

Greg Hardy To Seek Immediate Reinstatement http://www.profootballrumors.com/?p=13804

0 replies 2 retweets 1 favorite
NFL Now @NFLNow 1h1 hour ago

"The @MiamiDolphins are exploring trading @Wallace17_daKid." Who else is on the bubble? http://at.nfl.com/q2sLrEK

Around The NFL@AroundTheNFL 17m17 minutes ago

Rams reportedly release DT Kendall Langford http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000474306/article/rams-reportedly-release-dt-kendall-langford?campaign=Twitter_atl …

0 replies 26 retweets 10 favorites
NFL @nfl 35m35 minutes ago

--> RT @AroundTheNFL: Steelers will reportedly allow Worilds to hit the open market http://at.nfl.com/f2EMm4S

Arizona Cardinals @AZCardinals 53m53 minutes ago

The #AZCardinals have agreed to one-year deals with the #llamasontheloose. Each llama will earn 2,340 lbs of hay. Steve Keim does it again.