Nfl.com: Vic Beasley, Dante Fowler Blaze To Impressive 40 Times

g-dawg

Tennessee will trade down or pick up Mariota. They have a possibility of picking up Leonard Williams which would throw a strong monkey wrench in our plans.

Jaguars are most likely getting Leonard Williams. They won't be picking another WR since they got 2 of them last year in the draft AND picked up Allen Hurns as a UDFA who also showed out. Backup plan would be Beasley most likely but Randy Gregory is about as perfect a fit for the Jaguars as there is.

Raiders will pick up one of Cooper or White. Knowing the Raiders they will probably pick up Cooper because he comes from a more popular school.

Redskins could pick up an OL or if they pick up a pass rusher then it would probably be Fowler because he fits the 3-4 defense better than Beasley does.

Bears need an NT BADLY. They won't pass up on Danny Shelton. I think he is far and away the clear cut favorite for the Bears UNLESS they find some way to trade Cutler and they quite possibly could pick up Marita but that is a longshot.

We will have our pick of Beasley or Ray at #8. I need to see Ray's pro day because it's only fair to see what he would do in the same drills. Ray and Beasley have been working out together since the college season ended so the same way Beasley came in fit, Ray could as well.

So the way I see it, the only fear I have is what Tennessee does.

Edited by ATLFalcons11

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder how this conversation would change if/when Atlanta signs 2 impact EDGE free agents. It's the best DE class in a decade as of right now:

Justin Houston, Greg Hardy, Jason Pierre-Paul are the top 3 (All-Pro caliber guys), then Jerry Hughes and Brian Orakpo (multi Pro Bowl dominant if healthy types), then a bunch of guys with star ability: Derrick Morgan, Jabaal Sheard, Olivier Vernon, Jason Worilds, Brandon Graham.

Assume JHou, JPP are tagged.

If ATL can land one stud LDE (Hardy/DMorgan/Sheard) and one stud RDE (Orakpo/Hughes/Vernon) -- then we have 2 starting DEs without using #8 pick.

Ideal is Hardy + Orakpo, with Orakpo getting a 1 year fully guaranteed prove-it deal to re-hit free agency next year or re-sign.

Pending on what else happens in FA (CB Byron? FS WHill? MLB Spikes? C RHudson? TE Julius? RB Forsett/Mathews?) other holes may get filled as well.

The KJ Wright 4-3 SLB type could still be taken at #8 (Vic Beasley/Shane Ray/Bud Dupree[?]) or atop Rd 2 (Stephone Anthony/Benardrick McKinney/Shaq Thompson). Big Q that TD/Pioli/Quinn need to figure out is: Is Prince Shembo that guy?

But CB (Trae Waynes), FS (Landon Collins), RT (La'El Collins), DT (Danny Shelton) could be seen as #1 need --- while WR Kevin White or Amari Cooper or Dorial Green-Beckham could be seen as best player available (think NYG going WR Odell #9 with huge needs at DE, OL, S). Maybe a shot at a pair of Julio's (Julio+KWhite) is too hard to ignore.

Now we got the measureables out the way. Lets see you has a better football iq,intangibles and heart.

I really like Beasley,I am hoping we draft this guy. Fowler is my second choice. Both these guys bring versatility and speed off the edge. This is an easy choice. Unless the both are gone. If so, get Shane Ray. And call it a day.

Is Vic Beasley really a top 10 pick. Ignore the talk of need. Just based on pure talent who would be the best player if Vic Beasley, Kevin White, and Amari Cooper were still there sitting at 8. Once again if we were just picking the best player, who gets the selection?

What in the actual ****? Smh.

Wonder how this conversation would change if/when Atlanta signs 2 impact EDGE free agents. It's the best DE class in a decade as of right now:

Justin Houston, Greg Hardy, Jason Pierre-Paul are the top 3 (All-Pro caliber guys), then Jerry Hughes and Brian Orakpo (multi Pro Bowl dominant if healthy types), then a bunch of guys with star ability: Derrick Morgan, Jabaal Sheard, Olivier Vernon, Jason Worilds, Brandon Graham.

Assume JHou, JPP are tagged.

If ATL can land one stud LDE (Hardy/DMorgan/Sheard) and one stud RDE (Orakpo/Hughes/Vernon) -- then we have 2 starting DEs without using #8 pick.

Ideal is Hardy + Orakpo, with Orakpo getting a 1 year fully guaranteed prove-it deal to re-hit free agency next year or re-sign.

Pending on what else happens in FA (CB Byron? FS WHill? MLB Spikes? C RHudson? TE Julius? RB Forsett/Mathews?) other holes may get filled as well.

The KJ Wright 4-3 SLB type could still be taken at #8 (Vic Beasley/Shane Ray/Bud Dupree[?]) or atop Rd 2 (Stephone Anthony/Benardrick McKinney/Shaq Thompson). Big Q that TD/Pioli/Quinn need to figure out is: Is Prince Shembo that guy?

But CB (Trae Waynes), FS (Landon Collins), RT (La'El Collins), DT (Danny Shelton) could be seen as #1 need --- while WR Kevin White or Amari Cooper or Dorial Green-Beckham could be seen as best player available (think NYG going WR Odell #9 with huge needs at DE, OL, S). Maybe a shot at a pair of Julio's (Julio+KWhite) is too hard to ignore.

We're not picking up two FA pass rushers and drafting one with the no.8 pick. It's just not happening. At best we get one FA pass rusher and the 1st pick. Salary cap and the fact there are 31 other teams (25 that need at least a good no.2 rusher) will prevent us getting 2 FA. TD just doesn't work that way. I could see us getting a pass rusher and a lb however

We're not picking up two FA pass rushers and drafting one with the no.8 pick. It's just not happening. At best we get one FA pass rusher and the 1st pick. Salary cap and the fact there are 31 other teams (25 that need at least a good no.2 rusher) will prevent us getting 2 FA. TD just doesn't work that way. I could see us getting a pass rusher and a lb however

UFA - Pernell McPhee, OLB/DE - Ravens

UFA - O'Brein Schofield, OLB/DE - Seahawks

Draft - Vic Beasley, Dante Fowler or Shane Ray @ #8

YES please.

I could see us getting a high priced guy like Brandon Graham or McPhee and a lower level guy like Adrian Clayborn or Schofield along with a draftee with the 8th pick.