Nfl.com: Vic Beasley, Dante Fowler Blaze To Impressive 40 Times

g-dawg

You know guys, this draft reminds me so much of 2007...when Johnson Thomas Landry Peterson and others went right before our pick...and we selected JA98. Willis and Revis went well after our pick....who out there would possibly be the next Willis or Revis?

nobody.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My top 5 draft board for Falcons:

Leonard Williams

Vic Beasley

Dante Fowler

Randy Gregory

Shane Ray

If all are gone, and they shouldn't be, I'd take a Kevin White with pleasure.

I can see the draft going something like:

Bucs- Jameis Winston

Tenn- Leonard Williams

Jags- EDGE RUSHER

Oakland- Kevin White

Washington- EDGE RUSHER

Jets- Marcus Mariota

Chicago- Danny Shelton

That would leave us with a pick of two of the top four edge rushers. Just depends on which are taken.

I have no hope in Beasley being there at #8 now and we have too many needs to afford a trade up. I would also prefer to not take either Fowler or Ray. If the choice is between taking one of those two or pissing the fan base off by taking a worthwhile player for a top 10 pick then I'd do the latter.

That's exactly my thought.

6.91 3 cone and 4.16 short shuttle for Beasley. He's checked every box..

Fowler...7.40 3 cone.

The conversation between the two isn't even really close to me at this point. Beasley's been more productive each of the last 2 years and crushed him in the athletic and movement tests.

JJ Watt career high in sacks was 7 in college

Guys dont know what Transitional skills are. Production isnt everything as evidenced by various college systems and award winners who arent **** in the NFL. Fowler has played all over the front 7 and in the NFL will get to focus on being just a great DE.

I just cannot get behind those two. The only player I can think of when I watch Fowler is JA98, so I have little to no hope in his NFL success, while the more I watch Ray the more I realize he's just another Bruce Irvin, so he can be effective but not remotely worth a 1st round pick. Outside of Beasley I feel like the edge rushers this year are getting overhyped due to their athleticism despite their numerous question marks and due to their positions.

I am not seeing the JA98/Fowler connection. JA98 was a nice kid with size and one year of production. Fowler has been playing with an edge and attitude that screams BAD DOG.

Loving this post - shame I have to sift thru all the who wanted who posts. Let it go guys no one cares who you Predicted in last years draft. What's more relevant is which players can fit which defensive schemes the teams in the top 7 are running. Beasley seems a great fit for us as a Leo. Fowler seems better suited to Washington or jets as a more conventional 3-4 edge rusher. Ray I'm not sure on - is he better suited to Leo (us or Jacksonville) or edge (skins/jets/Chicago)

I have no hope in Beasley being there at #8 now and we have too many needs to afford a trade up. I would also prefer to not take either Fowler or Ray. If the choice is between taking one of those two or pissing the fan base off by taking a worthwhile player for a top 10 pick then I'd do the latter.

I prefer Fowler over Ray, but why do you prefer that we NOT pick them? I'm curious.

The issue w Fowler at Florida is that he was asked to be a jack of all trades. He was asked to put his hand in the dirt but also stand up. Swiss Army knife. I have no idea what Quinn wants to do but he is clearly not an Irvin. My concern w Beasely is that he is all speed and could end up situational. If Mass can turn it up and develop then Beasley makes sense.

situational pass rusher>>>>>>>>>>>no pass rusher

we do well in FA and we could be looking at our Aldon Smith with just a situational guy...think people forget this