Nfl.com: Vic Beasley, Dante Fowler Blaze To Impressive 40 Times

g-dawg

I would be very disappointed if we took #4 or #5. Hard to believe you would take those over Shane Ray.

I like Ray, but I don't like him as a 1st round pick. He's simply not that talented. I liked him early on due to his production and what a physical freak he was but I thought the same thing of Hageman early on as well. Luckily for us we got him at a pick he was worth. If we're lucky we can do the same with Ray, but I doubt it this time around.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be very disappointed if we took #4 or #5. Hard to believe you would take those over Shane Ray. Landon Collins is thought to be more of an "in-the-box" safety and we already have that filled on the roster in WillyMo.

After taking Lisfranc-Matthews, would be tough to go OT again in the top 10 with such a crying need for defense.

yeah Landon Collins is so overrated. He is a SS. His lack of coverage was one of the reasons Bama defense got destroyed on big pass plays this year.

I hate to be the one to say this but today has been a disaster for me. I wanted Beasley to be good enough but not beast. I do not see him hanging around for us now. Fowler had been my preferred but he is showing good enough to go before 8. Williams was never on the table as far as I could see. I was never as high on Ray as some so he might be around so maybe all is not lost. Gregory was not on my list as I would have traded down before going after him.

If the football gods are listening, please have Beasley there at 8 and if not him, Fowler.

He's more of an athlete than a football player in my book. He has problems shedding blocks despite only having an OT tasked to block him, a lot of his production is due to scheme than pure talent, no pass rush move than makes you really think it will be elite in the NFL, good at a number of things but great at nothing, etc. To me that points to an NFL wash out.

Don't take this as an attack, but if Fowler is just "an athlete" and "has problems shedding blocks" and a lot of his production is "due to scheme," then why is Dan Quinn so high on him, along with a lot of other people who make their living evaluating college football players? If as you suggest Fowler is nothing more than a bust-in-waiting, that is a pretty alarming indictment of our new HC's evaluation skills.

I'm thinking all three of the elite pass rushers will be gone before we pick anyway, so I'm more curious than anything else as to why you're so anti-Fowler when the experts are almost unanimously pro-Fowler? When I look at the tape, I see what the experts see.

Don't take this as an attack, but if Fowler is just "an athlete" and "has problems shedding blocks" and a lot of his production is "due to scheme," then why is Dan Quinn so high on him, along with a lot of other people who make their living evaluating college football players? If as you suggest Fowler is nothing more than a bust-in-waiting, that is a pretty alarming indictment of our new HC's evaluation skills.

I'm thinking all three of the elite pass rushers will be gone before we pick anyway, so I'm more curious than anything else as to why you're so anti-Fowler when the experts are almost unanimously pro-Fowler? When I look at the tape, I see what the experts see.

I haven't heard much of Quinn himself saying Fowler is the second coming. He did say he liked him, which I don't know what else people expect him to say, but most of the speculation around us loving him comes from people assuming Quinn wants him since he recruited him when he was the DC at Florida. We hear the same **** every year when a player enters the draft and there is a coach connected to him in the NFL. The Eagles are going through the same thing with the Mariota/Kelly connection. It could happen but most of the time it's just fan and media noise.

Yup and still didn't like the games I saw other than say ECU bowl game..

The issue w Fowler at Florida is that he was asked to be a jack of all trades. He was asked to put his hand in the dirt but also stand up. Swiss Army knife. I have no idea what Quinn wants to do but he is clearly not an Irvin. My concern w Beasely is that he is all speed and could end up situational. If Mass can turn it up and develop then Beasley makes sense.

I haven't heard much of Quinn himself saying Fowler is the second coming. He did say he liked him, which I don't know what else people expect him to say, but most of the speculation around us loving him comes from people assuming Quinn wants him since he recruited him when he was the DC at Florida. We hear the same **** every year when a player enters the draft and there is a coach connected to him in the NFL. The Eagles are going through the same thing with the Mariota/Kelly connection. It could happen but most of the time it's just fan and media noise.

Exactly. I thonk that DFJ actually may not fit our scheme.

If we're just going for LB then I'd vastly prefer Paul Dawson over Shaq. He has become very overrated on these boards, IMO.

i like Paul Dawson too. But it doesn't change the fact that Landon Collins is a below average pass coverage safety. We have Willy Mo already. We don't need two of them. We need a free. And Landon is a SS.

i like Paul Dawson too. But it doesn't change the fact that Landon Collins is a below average pass coverage safety. We have Willy Mo already. We don't need two of them. We need a free. And Landon is a SS.

I don't want him, at least enough to feel good about getting him, he's just in my top 5 for top 16 prospects that fill a potential role we need. Outside of a few players who, in all likelihood, will not be there at #8 I do not think the top of this draft is any good for us. It could be good for us for trade down scenarios though.

everybody was in on Aaron Donald in January as a 2nd round pick - PG was the early guy to say in January he was a 1st rounder in the 20's - by early February he had him as worthy of Top 10 - maybe you were that high that early CK, but PG sticks out there for me.

I had him going to us in our first pick in one of my early mocks and I got blasted for it. If I can find it I'll post it. Around the same time I wrote a scouting report about Donald for Scar.

I don't want him, at least enough to feel good about getting him, he's just in my top 5 for top 16 prospects that fill a potential role we need. Outside of a few players who, in all likelihood, will not be there at #8 I do not think the top of this draft is any good for us. It could be good for us for trade down scenarios though.

will be interesting to see who is there. I'm hoping it's Beasley

So you got it going down somethin' like this?:

1) Tampa - Jameis Winston, QB - FSU

2) NY Jets (f/ Tenn) - Marcus Mariota, QB - Oregon

3) Jacksonville - Vic Beasley, DE/OLB - Clemson

4) Oakland - Leonard Williams, DT - USC

5) Washington - Shane Ray, DE/OLB - Mizzou

6) Tennessee - Dante Fowler, DE/OLB - Florida

heck, if we were shut out of the top three guys and could not trade out, I might be tempted to say screw it and draft Amari Cooper.

More like Kevin White or Danny Shelton if the above happend for me.