Nfl.com: Vic Beasley, Dante Fowler Blaze To Impressive 40 Times

g-dawg

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's an ideal fit for us at LEO and if that is the case for us then it sure as **** is the case for the Jaguars. Combine his tape with him putting to rest the, "he's undersized," stigma to go along with blowing up the combine with the Jagaurs need to replace the aging Chris Clemons... I just do not see him falling to us.

So you think Tenn takes Leonard Williams instead of Mariota?

OR

You think Winston/Mariota go 1-2 and then Jags take Beasley over Leonard Williams?

4.53/1.59, 35 reps at 225, 41" vertical and 10'10" broad jump at 246 with a great showing in his movements skills, and an unquestionable work ethic to get here from where he was to end the season...Beasley erasing all doubts.

Want him more this year than I wanted Barr last year.

First time i really started watching him was in November because of a thread A-town made. But yeah i remember you wanting him too.

did not click on your link but sure I know you are reputable and if you say you were in on Donald early as a top half of first round, I believe you (w/o clicking on link - I take you at your word).

Regardless, don't want to get derailed on Aaron Donald. Let's stick to the prospects here Superman! :D

He's an ideal fit for us at LEO and if that is the case for us then it sure as **** is the case for the Jaguars. Combine his tape with him putting to rest the, "he's undersized," stigma to go along with blowing up the combine with the Jagaurs need to replace the aging Chris Clemons... I just do not see him falling to us.

The Jags are rumored to want to move out of 3... there's hope for you.

did not click on your link but sure I know you are reputable and if you say you were in on Donald early as a top half of first round, I believe you (w/o clicking on link - I take you at your word).

Regardless, don't want to get derailed on Aaron Donald. Let's stick to the prospects here Superman! biggrin.png

lol that link was me saying I wanted him at #6 overall in January.

Donald is worthy of derailing threads, but you're right. I'm doneskee

Leonard Williams aka JJ Watt Jr will be the first defensive player taken unless some GM is incredibly stupid

agreed. that is why if the QBs go 1/2 then I see Jax taking Leonard Williams at #3.

The passrushers can come off the board from #4-7 though:

#4) Oakland Raiders (still see them taking Amari Cooper)

#5) Washington Redskins (they need passrusher)

#6) NY Jets (who knows but they have a defensive head coach in Todd Bowles - really need offense though)

#7) Chicago Bears (they are definitely taking a defender)

#8) Atlanta Falcons

So if Winston, Mariota(?), Leonard Williams and Amari Cooper go off board before the Falcons pick - then we only need one of Redskins, Jets or Bears to take somebody other than "Beasley, Ray or Fowler".

More than likely one of those three guys will be available. Now, if somebody does not take Mariota (Titans or Jets) then we could be screwed.

So you think Tenn takes Leonard Williams instead of Mariota?

OR

You think Winston/Mariota go 1-2 and then Jags take Beasley over Leonard Williams?

I think the Titans will trade down. It has never been Whisenhunt's MO to go with any QB that wouldn't be considered a backup by any other team. They can also potentially get an RGIII type of deal by moving down, so... For the Jags, it'd be a choice between getting Williams and upgrading the interior D-line or 5-tech, which isn't really necessary, or getting Beasley, which isn't immediately necessary but Clemons isn't a world beater and he's closer to 35 than 30. Then again, they could also go after Cooper and make this all moot.

I think the Titans will trade down. It has never been Whisenhunt's MO to go with any QB that wouldn't be considered a backup by any other team. They can also potentially get an RGIII type of deal by moving down, so... For the Jags, it'd be a choice between getting Williams and upgrading the interior D-line or 5-tech, which isn't really necessary, or getting Beasley, which isn't immediately necessary but Clemons isn't a world beater and he's closer to 35 than 30. Then again, they could also go after Cooper and make this all moot.

if you are totally locked down on Beasley - looks like you are - then 50/50 shot you will be frustrated on draft day.

Right now, I would be close to equally happy with any of the top 3 (Beasley, Ray, Fowler) - so I think I would likely be happy on draft day.....

68 days to go though - a lot could change between now and then. heck, somebody could blow out a knee, etc.

agreed. that is why if the QBs go 1/2 then I see Jax taking Leonard Williams at #3.

The passrushers can come off the board from #4-7 though:

#4) Oakland Raiders (still see them taking Amari Cooper)

#5) Washington Redskins (they need passrusher)

#6) NY Jets (who knows but they have a defensive head coach in Todd Bowles - really need offense though)

#7) Chicago Bears (they are definitely taking a defender)

#8) Atlanta Falcons

So if Winston, Mariota(?), Leonard Williams and Amari Cooper go off board before the Falcons pick - then we only need one of Redskins, Jets or Bears to take somebody other than "Beasley, Ray or Fowler".

More than likely one of those three guys will be available. Now, if somebody does not take Mariota (Titans or Jets) then we could be screwed.

Believe it or not, I could see Bears going for Landon Collins. They DESPERATELY need a safety. If not, if Fowler's still there, he's the best fit. They also met with Danny Shelton.

Honestly, I see us and Washington getting Beasley and Ray. Not sure who gets which though. Jags have a solid defensive core and there's a lot of edge talent there early in the second round too, Cooper + someone like Harold is what's best for them, imho.

So you got it going down somethin' like this?:

1) Tampa - Jameis Winston, QB - FSU

2) NY Jets (f/ Tenn) - Marcus Mariota, QB - Oregon

3) Jacksonville - Vic Beasley, DE/OLB - Clemson

4) Oakland - Leonard Williams, DT - USC

5) Washington - Shane Ray, DE/OLB - Mizzou

6) Tennessee - Dante Fowler, DE/OLB - Florida

heck, if we were shut out of the top three guys and could not trade out, I might be tempted to say screw it and draft Amari Cooper.

I have no hope in Beasley being there at #8 now and we have too many needs to afford a trade up. I would also prefer to not take either Fowler or Ray. If the choice is between taking one of those two or pissing the fan base off by taking a worthwhile player for a top 10 pick then I'd do the latter.

I was on beasley bandwagon as were you even last year hoping he'd come out. I still love him. I don't like fowler. Something seems robotic about him.great athlet? Maybe but not fluid..I watched him many times on tape and then in the OLB drills and he just isn't fluid..his bend is off too..beasley just looks like a true athletic freak and more importantly a football player.

Honestly, if beasley ain't there I'd be stoked we go straight up BPA ..be that Collins, Sheff, shaq..whoever..even a stud WR

PS I'd rather have Nate Orchid than fowler or Diggy

if you are totally locked down on Beasley - looks like you are - then 50/50 shot you will be frustrated on draft day.

Right now, I would be close to equally happy with any of the top 3 (Beasley, Ray, Fowler) - so I think I would likely be happy on draft day.....

68 days to go though - a lot could change between now and then. heck, somebody could blow out a knee, etc.

I'm not locked in on him but he's definitely the only edge rusher in this class I trust to make the impact you expect a top flight edge rushing prospect to make.

I'm not locked in on him but he's definitely the only edge rusher in this class I trust to make the impact you expect a top flight edge rushing prospect to make.

so, I know its early - but gimme your top 5 draftboard for Falcons 1st round pick. Think it is safe to assume we would only need a "top 5" to get to pick#8.

I just cannot get behind those two. The only player I can think of when I watch Fowler is JA98, so I have little to no hope in his NFL success, while the more I watch Ray the more I realize he's just another Bruce Irvin, so he can be effective but not remotely worth a 1st round pick. Outside of Beasley I feel like the edge rushers this year are getting overhyped due to their athleticism despite their numerous question marks and due to their positions.

I don't see JA98 - he was more of a DT/DE and Fowler more of a DE/OLB - so right out of the gate, I don't get your comparison there - other than you think he will be a bust.

If Fowler is a bust - then Mayock is gonna take a hit on this one. Of course he has taken other hits as well. (Sedrick Ellis anyone?). Nobody is perfect in this draft game - even Ron Wolf, etc. - the legends.

I was on beasley bandwagon as were you even last year hoping he'd come out. I still love him. I don't like fowler. Something seems robotic about him.great athlet? Maybe but not fluid..I watched him many times on tape and then in the OLB drills and he just isn't fluid..his bend is off too..beasley just looks like a true athletic freak and more importantly a football player.

Honestly, if beasley ain't there I'd be stoked we go straight up BPA ..be that Collins, Sheff, shaq..whoever..even a stud WR

PS I'd rather have Nate Orchid than fowler or Diggy

You realize he was a Buck and used at DE at Florida right?

1. Williams

2. Beasley

3. Shelton

4. Collins

5. Scherff

Everything has gone disastrously wrong and we're stuck at #8: Kevin White

I would be very disappointed if we took #4 or #5. Hard to believe you would take those over Shane Ray. Landon Collins is thought to be more of an "in-the-box" safety and we already have that filled on the roster in WillyMo.

After taking Lisfranc-Matthews, would be tough to go OT again in the top 10 with such a crying need for defense.

I don't see JA98 - he was more of a DT/DE and Fowler more of a DE/OLB - so right out of the gate, I don't get your comparison there - other than you think he will be a bust.

If Fowler is a bust - then Mayock is gonna take a hit on this one. Of course he has taken other hits as well. (Sedrick Ellis anyone?). Nobody is perfect in this draft game - even Ron Wolf, etc. - the legends.

He's more of an athlete than a football player in my book. He has problems shedding blocks despite only having an OT tasked to block him, a lot of his production is due to scheme than pure talent, no pass rush move than makes you really think it will be elite in the NFL, good at a number of things but great at nothing, etc. To me that points to an NFL wash out.