I'm More Concerned About Pick #42

brown bomber

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If my linebacker pursues and tackles like that I'm fine with coaching him up on third downs. It is much more difficult in today's nfl to teach guys how to tackle properly.

Yes, but Paul Dawson at this point in time brings more to the table than Perryman. Dawson is better in coverage, may not lay the wood, but will get the job done. The only thing Perryman had over Dawson is wrap up tackling, which Dawson has to get better at.

Fix the defense with free agents that can come in and play NFL level football in September 2015. Go hard in free agency with The Kraken, McPhee, Spikes, Culliver, Spoon, Lowery and Josh Wilson. That's seven starters. Blow the whole draft on offense with White, Gurley, a receiving TE, left guard, swing tackle, blocking TE and FB. All of a sudden we're younger, faster, stronger, tougher and meaner, in all three phases of the game.

I like Zo Mauldin at 42 depending on what we do with the first round. If we get Beasley then I'll pass since they'd probably play the same role in this defense.

I'm a fan of Mauldin aswell, he has great anticipation of the snap count and one of the best first steps I've seen in a prospect coming out of this draft. In my opinion he is very similar to Randy Gregory, but is alot more vicious with his hands and has a better motor.

The thing is that Perryman is more of a 2 down guy than a 3 down guy. That's the reason most, including me, don't want him.

Yeah he is a bit of a liability in coverage but he is a thumper and I love thumpers in the middle. Watch the entire Miami FSU game Perryman is everywhere.

I have Dawson and Kendricks ahead of him. Dawson is easily the best ILB in this draft and I wonder how far the character concerns cause him to fall because that could give us a shot at Kendricks in the 2nd.

Lorenzo Mauldin is a guy a lot of people are sleeping on but with a year or 2 he could be one of those draft steals.

Edited by Sobeit

I dont know why anyone would worry about that pick. We have flexibility on who we could take there.

I think McKinney is my fav right now. I honestly wasn't a huge fan of his game tape. Nor was a big fan of Perrymans either. They both can make some big hits, but i did not see much consistency. I think McKinneys size would be very rare and he can cover much better than Perryman.

Dawson is probably the most consistent. His size is the only thing i question. Dawson or McKinney are my two favs if we go LB.

Mauldin would be legit too. If we don't go pass rusher at 8 then he is my guy in the 2nd for sure.

Assuming we go DE, TE and CB in FA and one of Beasley/Ray/Fowler in Rd1 I'm going to say a LB for the middle of the defense makes sense. If we don't go TE in FA, I'd say Maxx Williams makes a ton of sense. Reports coming out we will be interested in David Harris, if that's the case, I don't think we will sign a TE but go to draft one.

I really want Gurley in the second round.. If that is not possible you just take the best defensive player left on the board - no matter position...

d

I was wondering if they were able to take him and let freeman have like a 6 week tryout in the system until Gurley got fully healthy and up to speed.

The offense is the strength of this team. It needs some serious upgrades. Its to late in the game to make defense a focal point and neglect offense. If you remove the Saint's and Bucs games from last season, the offense was very underwhelming.

With that said, at minimum you need 1 new peice on Oline, a guy with solid hands to help make first downs, preferably at TE and a viable threat at RB.

You need defense too, absolutely. But don't reinvent the wheel, don't try to be Seattle. Get the offense back up to strength and get the defense back to 15-20th (anything better is gravy) and Falcons are right back in it.