Vic Beasley Favorite Team Growing Up

MayorWest13

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clowney gives up on plays, so does Vic. That's the first thing i noticed about him and it's turned me off from him since.

Watch the Clemson vs. Florida State game. I don't see a guy who gives up on plays. He probably has taken a few plays off over the course of his career but teams started scheming against him by running the ball the other way and doing passes where the QB rolls out to the other side.

Well if he is playing for his favorite team there is a lot more motivation for him

Yeah that occurred to me when this quote was brought up, would be nice. And would be what i'm hoping for if we end up drafting him.

Watch the Clemson vs. Florida State game. I don't see a guy who gives up on plays. He probably has taken a few plays off over the course of his career but teams started scheming against him by running the ball the other way and doing passes where the QB rolls out to the other side.

So what? Clowney got schemed around, took plays off, and it was a big knock on him. I don't care if you're getting triple teamed while they run to the opposite side of the formation from you, you keep fighting until the end of the play. It's a mentality, and it's probably the biggest red flag there is for me watching college tape.

Yeah that occurred to me when this quote was brought up, would be nice. And would be what i'm hoping for if we end up drafting him.

So what? Clowney got schemed around, took plays off, and it was a big knock on him. I don't care if you're getting triple teamed while they run to the opposite side of the formation from you, you keep fighting until the end of the play. It's a mentality, and it's probably the biggest red flag there is for me watching college tape.

Like I said, watch the Florida State game and tell me the kid takes plays off. I'm not saying he takes plays off, I'm saying I don't see.

Like I said, watch the Florida State game and tell me the kid takes plays off. I'm not saying he takes plays off, I'm saying I don't see.

You can't point to a single game as proof that he doesn't have a tendency to do or not do something mate. I've watched every game of his I could find.

And I've watched his last 25 games. I was just giving you an example but oh well. We just disagree on it no big deal.

Fair enough, I think he'll probably be a good player to be honest, he has great upside. Just something intangible about him I don't like when I watch his tape. Hopefully he proves me wrong, especially if he comes here.

Fair enough, I think he'll probably be a good player to be honest, he has great upside. Just something intangible about him I don't like when I watch his tape. Hopefully he proves me wrong, especially if he comes here.

His upside in undeniable that's for sure. I think if he comes here he will do really well. Especially if this really is his favorite team, and I think Quinm could develop him into something special. I see his upside as Von Miller if he puts it all together and gets the right training/coaching.

I've known Vic Beasley for years. We went to highschool together and we still speak on a somewhat regular basis. If we are lucky enough to get Vic not only will we be drafting a freak athlete but also a really great guy. This hasn't gotten much press at all but Beasley is just as strong in his faith as Tim Tebow. Hes a very high character guy who to my knowledge hasn't ever had a sip of alcohol. He doesn't go out partying at all. Nine times out of ten when he's back home he's playing NBA 2K with friends or just spending time with his family.

As much as (most of us) can't stand Vick at all, he is the reason Atlanta got a lot of recognition. We might as well get used to hearing that.

Oh I'm used to it, just... still.

I really don't think Beasley will be that much of a liability in the running game. He still sets the edge very well despite his size.

My problem was I was thinking of him as a LEO all offseason, once it was pointed out he'd be a perfect SAM I got much higher on him. His run defending one way or another won't be as much of a worry that way.

Why wouldn't you draft a kid who would get to play on his favorite team growing up?

They are my favorite team too, so they should draft me as well, right? Take best player available that fits your scheme. Would it be cool? Yes. But I wouldn't move him up the draft board because he stated that.

Look at Beasley from when the season ended to where he is now and know there's no questioning his work ethic. 10+ lbs of muscle in a few shirt months to answer any concerns teams might've had about his body. I began liking Beasley as the pick early on, but drifted away over concerns with his size, but a good athletic showing at 246 and I'm sold again. He's much better than Ray.

Yeah, I'm not going to get too excited about this. We hear every year about players that say that we're their favorite team, or that they grew up rooting for us, and that they want us to draft them. They may be telling the truth, but the draft is rarely that kind. How many times, in the past few years, do you think that we've taken one of these guys? I'll give you a hint, it's a number lower than 1. I'd still love to have him though.

Still.....between Vic Beasley being a Falcons fan, Fowler wanting to get back to Quinn, Jake Matthews wearing a falcon pin for draft day luck, Clowney wishing we'd trade up for him, and of course Dan Quinn picking us out of every team that wanted him (everybody else), it sure feels nice to be liked by everybody lol.

It's almost like all these guys realize we are a team that has no business being as bad as our record shows the past two years.

Edited by FalconAge