Quinn's Personality Worries Me

demburds

Shoot I'm 44 and still love DMX, TI, little boozie and rap. Grew up on NWA and public enemy...but im white and country and like me some Brantley Gilbert and Johnny cash as well..I'm also a closet old school Jazz guy...Coltrane and Mingus and Miles and Charlie Parker...I like blues and Lightnin Hopkins and howling wolf

Point being white yuppie dudes, just like black dudes and confined by age and background to a certain music...if I had to listen to my age music only I'd go crazy

Exactly. Sh!t Im a Katy Perry fan. I think she's dope!! I never grew up to one type of music and I have many friends of different ethnicities. I have a white aunt and mixed cousins and her oldest married a white girl and I love her to pieces. I think in today's time if you're still holding some kind of prejudice about a "skin color" then something is wrong in society still. But it still exists.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like to me he has a little relatability with his players and MAYBE that's why the Hawks defense responded to him so well. He sounds like a versatile guy. I would open up to him more as a player because that tells me he's hip enough to the point you can go to him about anything. Nothing wrong with being a middle aged white man listening to TI or rap period. I'm produce rappers and one of my favorite songs is Luke Bryan Crash My Party. Does that make me suspicious? Music lovers can listen to ANYTHING that touches them in some kind of way. Maybe TI gets him hyped before a game?

As a fellow producer/beat maker, I can't see how other music makers could only listen to one genre of music. I love instruments, and I can listen everything from Lil Boosie to Nickleback.

My best friend is black and he listens to Rick Ashley. Wait I'm black too. Am I? Oh crap. I don't know. Holy crap I'm white. Why is Tupac on my radio. Brother, what ever should I do.

This thread is as silly as my above statements.

Dan Quinn is a football coach to you all and my self. Nothing more nothing less. He's not your daddy, your role model, your spiritual adviser.

Come on man!

Exactly. Sh!t Im a Katy Perry fan. I think she's dope!! I never grew up to one type of music and I have many friends of different ethnicities. I have a white aunt and mixed cousins and her oldest married a white girl and I love her to pieces. I think in today's time if you're still holding some kind of prejudice about a "skin color" then something is wrong in society still. But it still exists.

Lol I gotta admit I kinda like Katy ..I tend to listen to her in private, but the girl has swag

It exists and the stereotypes exist, but you know I played sports my whole life--still cross fit--and while never the semi pro or college level player I played on military squad teams in football, basketball, baseball and later softball...and the one takeaway is on the field, court , diamond or even in a Crossfit box on all levels that stupid skin tone crapola goes away..it's about effort, blood, sweat and tears...it's about a non-paid , untalented dude leaving everything on that court, field, or diamond as though he's Larry bird (in my case my idol), William Andrews (my other idol) or Bobby bonds (my other idol)...it's about unity and comradery...it's why military guys (or ex like me) still value brotherhood...don't give a **** a bout your color...and music as any athlete (even subpar ones like me) is a part of that world...different musical in locker rooms and gyms and courts..wish real life was as clean and pure

My best friend is black and he listens to Rick Ashley. Wait I'm black too. Am I? Oh crap. I don't know. Holy crap I'm white. Why is Tupac on my radio. Brother, what ever should I do.

This thread is as silly as my above statements.

Dan Quinn is a football coach to you all and my self. Nothing more nothing less. He's not your daddy, your role model, your spiritual adviser.

Come on man!

Rick Astley? Lol I gotta admit that red head dude had some pipes

He aint giving us the real deal man. I dont know who this guy is that claims to listen to T.I. but it aint Dan Quinn. I knew this guy was a phony the second he remarked on how passionate our fanbase was. I just have a hard time buying into this dude.

Really?? Grow up & try not to be such a close-minded fool. You are not even giving Quinn & Co. a chance.