Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robb4242

2015 Imd Free Agency Week 2 Bids

317 posts in this topic

What's the difference in being in Chicago with Cutler and being in Houston with Ryan Fitzpatrick? Oh yeah, about $1.5M less in his bank account. Not to mention the new regime is not committed to Cutler, who is not Fox's QB, and who may prefer an open competition between Cutler-Mallett-Fales.

I'm sure Mallett is not happy about returning to the Texans where they've recently cut Andre Johnson and where he'll only have DeAndre Hopkins to throw to as opposed to being Chicago where his weapons are Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery, Torrey Smith, and Martellus Bennett.

The Texans already benched Fitzpatrick for Mallett last year then Mallett got hurt.

*facepalms on the Shane Vereen flip*

Shouldn't have even gone to a coin flip. You were offering virtually the same amount of money in less years.

The Texans already benched Fitzpatrick for Mallett last year then Mallett got hurt.

And then after Mallett got hurt they had to play Fitz again and he threw for a franchise-record six touchdowns and 358 yards with a 147.5 passer rating and no interceptions. You trying to tell me that kind of performance won't stick in the head of a coach like BOB?

What Robb didn't know was that I was in the process of dealing Cutler, but the deal was partly hinging on me signing Mallett, which I rightfully should have. I wasn't going to get rid of my starter without having another in place which is why I offered a bigger deal than the Texans did and still didn't get the player.

And then after Mallett got hurt they had to play Fitz again and he threw for a franchise-record six touchdowns and 358 yards with a 147.5 passer rating and no interceptions. You trying to tell me that kind of performance won't stick in the head of a coach like BOB?

What Robb didn't know was that I was in the process of dealing Cutler, but the deal was partly hinging on me signing Mallett, which I rightfully should have. I wasn't going to get rid of my starter without having another in place which is why I offered a bigger deal than the Texans did and still didn't get the player.

Fitz is a known commodity. You know what you've got with him. Low end starter / high end backup. That's why Mallett won the job over him last year and why the Texans are pursuing Mallett right now.

Like it or not the Bears are financially married to Jay Cutler. Trading or cutting him would result in $19,500,000 of dead money. Cutler *will* be the starter for the next year or two at least which makes the Bears job unattractive to Mallett.

They should if they are close in money/starting potential/etc.

Not really I believe a winning team has a better chance of landing a FA vs a losing team if all things are equal far as a contract is concerned.

You're not gonna go to Jacksonville and play if Arizona is extending the same oppurtunity.

Nah I doubled your Cary Williams bid to $1.5 mil

Yea I saw that. 👎👎

Fitz is a known commodity. You know what you've got with him. Low end starter / high end backup. That's why Mallett won the job over him last year and why the Texans are pursuing Mallett right now.

Like it or not the Bears are financially married to Jay Cutler. Trading or cutting him would result in $19,500,000 of dead money. Cutler *will* be the starter for the next year or two at least which makes the Bears job unattractive to Mallett.

This is why we need player agents again

Trading has no effect on the cap in IMD, so..

If I had more than two cuts I would have released Fitzpatrick as well, as he's due $3.9 million and only $625,000 is guaranteed. In addition to that, Mallett is working with the coach that he's been with for most of his professional career, Bill O'Brien, who traded for him and wants him back as the starter. I thought you would get him because you offered a little more, but in reality, I don't think Mallett would switch teams for a slight boost in salary. This is his best chance to prove himself.

If I had more than two cuts I would have released Fitzpatrick as well, as he's due $3.9 million and only $625,000 is guaranteed. In addition to that, Mallett is working with the coach that he's been with for most of his professional career, Bill O'Brien, who traded for him and wants him back as the starter. I thought you would get him because you offered a little more, but in reality, I don't think Mallett would switch teams for a slight boost in salary. This is his best chance to prove himself.

The best chance to prove himself is a team with one receiver? As opposed to the offense previously explained as to containing Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery, Torrey Smith, and Martellus Bennett?

kanye-shrug1.jpg

The best chance to prove himself is a team with one receiver? As opposed to the offense previously explained as to containing Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery, Torrey Smith, and Martellus Bennett?

kanye-shrug1.jpg

With a new coach/coordinator/scheme and playing in the cold weather as opposed to a dome in Houston, Texas. Also, the Texans OL is much better than the one in Chicago. Finally, why do you assume I'm not adding more weapons to my offense?

My point is that there are advantages on both sides, and most QBs would take the same money to stay in a situation that is much more comfortable and familiar if the money is similar.

In real life (not IMD) the Bears wouldn't be players for Mallett at all. Cutler is all but guaranteed to be the starter this year and Mallett is looking for a chance to start. That said I would think Houston or Buffalo would be the best options for Mallett (maybe the Jets if they rightfully give up on Geno).

With a new coach/coordinator/scheme and playing in the cold weather as opposed to a dome in Houston, Texas. Also, the Texans OL is much better than the one in Chicago. Finally, why do you assume I'm not adding more weapons to my offense?

My point is that there are advantages on both sides, and most QBs would take the same money to stay in a situation that is much more comfortable and familiar if the money is similar.

I agree that BOB is the biggest determining factor in Mallett returning to Houston, but Chicago added Torrey Smith, Brian De La Peunte, Justin Forsett, and Henry Hynoski just in Free Agency alone. That shows a commitment towards building around a QB by giving him a top O-line (which we are one RT away from having one), an improved running game, and four above-average to great receiving options. This was on top of having a larger contract on the table. Perhaps it was my own bias, but I thought I was putting Mallett in a better position to succeed and obviously Robb felt differently. It is what it is.

Shouldn't have even gone to a coin flip. You were offering virtually the same amount of money in less years.

Yeah, but I'm cool with it. Not trying to be *that* guy, plus it kinda makes the game more interesting. Just like in real-life FA, you lose out on guys for arbitrary reasons from time to time.