Per New Dc Richard Smith, The Coaching Staff Had A Meeting To Decide Which Fa's To Pursue

Yes, it's D-Led, but he's at the presser live tweeting remarks, so can the "it's D-Led so I don't believe it!" nonsense. We're already seeing the new football operations in place. I, for one, am excited.

D. Orlando Ledbetter @DOrlandoAJC 3m3 minutes ago

#Falcons DC Richard Smith said that the coaches just had a meeting to decide which free agents to pursue.

Donald Driver! Donald Driver! Donald Driver! and Reuben Droughns! Reuben Droughns! Reuben Droughns!

Make it happen Mckolitroffquinnsmithanhanmorrisrmstrong!

Nah but for real. Give me two pass rushers; doesn't matter with me if it's someone like Hughes, Worilds, McPhee, Sheard, or other because I trust that the coaching staff actually knows what kind of player(s) they want. No Orakpo for me (like ya'll mentioned already) because he just simply cannot stay on the field despite being a great player.

Fixing the pass rush in FA gives us a lot more flexibility for the draft.

No and no. Full staff involvement was SOP all through the Smitty era. But I understand the need to believe that things are somehow different now.

I wasn't saying that's how things were with Smitty. I'm saying there are alternatives to "all the coaches meet to go over free agent acquisitions." The implication of the post I quoted was that the only option was that all the coaches would get together to discuss free agents. I'm sure that isn't the case everywhere.

Wait! I thought Pioli was in control of FAs? Or was it TD? I'm confused. This place told me TD was the one responsible for signing Soliai and TJax. 'casm

Knowing we have a staff who has a sound scheme and knows exactly what they need, I am very confident we will get exactly what we need. The coaches get what the coaches want. That's how it works. I would not be surprised to see Orakpo here for cheap. We need a SAM.

Wait! I thought Pioli was in control of FAs? Or was it TD? I'm confused. This place told me TD was the one responsible for signing Soliai and TJax. 'casm

Knowing we have a staff who has a sound scheme and knows exactly what they need, I am very confident we will get exactly what we need. The coaches get what the coaches want. That's how it works. I would not be surprised to see Orakpo here for cheap. We need a SAM.

Would love to get Orakpo on a reasonable contract. No question he's a baller, he's just got to throttle it back about 3% to keep from getting hurt again.