mdrake34

Better Call Saul Premiers Tonight

442 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, holymoses said:

Counselor, surely your first task after passing the bar was the same as every OTHER lawyers':  Handling a name change.  Don't you remember the litany your or the judge went through with your client?  One item is that then name change cannot be intended to defraud/deceive or something.  Essentially, you can't change your name because your old name has gotten you in trouble.

(Which is why I was thinking the Saul thing was not just a name change, but a whole new person/identity.)

Does this dude strike you as someone who is worried about defrauding or deceiving anyone?

The whole new person/identity won't work because he'd have to get another law degree.  A simple name change would.  So perhaps it's more the "I won't associate my name with you anymore if you'll kill off the tape" than "I'm pulling a fast one," but I'd wager they'll have a better backstory than either of us is coming up with anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Vince said they're only 10 days into writing season 3. Uggghhh.... the wait between seasons is horrible. I was spoiled with Breaking Bad, didn't even start watching it until that break before the second half of season 5.

Jimsmusic™, JDaveG and PK Manley like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

I wonder if the reocrding is muffled and inaudible due to the **** stacked on it.. Im probably just grasping at straws but you never know

Not to mention it was ancient.  I'm assuming Chuck is smart enough to have tested it first, but we'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

I wonder if the reocrding is muffled and inaudible due to the **** stacked on it.. Im probably just grasping at straws but you never know

Man, I hope this is the case.  The **** Chuck memes alone will be worth it.

"Even the writers say '**** you, Chuck!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, JDaveG said:

Does this dude strike you as someone who is worried about defrauding or deceiving anyone?

The whole new person/identity won't work because he'd have to get another law degree.  A simple name change would.  So perhaps it's more the "I won't associate my name with you anymore if you'll kill off the tape" than "I'm pulling a fast one," but I'd wager they'll have a better backstory than either of us is coming up with anyway.

Obviously, the name change isn't an attempt to hide from anyone. In BB, he's still practicing law in the same area with his face plastered everywhere as Saul. It's natural to assume that it's Chuck that forces Jimmy to change his name,  but what if  it's Chuck that does something so publicly horrible that Jimmy feels compelled to disassociate himself from that other lawyer McGill in town? 

JDaveG and BernieBernstein like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Obviously, the name change isn't an attempt to hide from anyone. In BB, he's still practicing law in the same area with his face plastered everywhere as Saul. It's natural to assume that it's Chuck that forces Jimmy to change his name,  but what if  it's Chuck that does something so publicly horrible that Jimmy feels compelled to disassociate himself from that other lawyer McGill in town? 

Man, I didn't think about that!  I hope so -- I hope Chuck goes swirling down the s***ter like last night's Indian food.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JDaveG said:

Man, I didn't think about that!  I hope so -- I hope Chuck goes swirling down the s***ter like last night's Indian food.

 I am alarmed at the level of hostility this fictitious sibling rivalry has generated from you.    I can't imagine why you seem to be taking it so seriously....and personally? 

Two brothers, professionals, different value ststems.....

JDaveG likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just feel like the scene where Jimmy confesses to Chuck wasn't written well. It was like you could see it coming when he entered the house. The conversation on the couch wasn't that convincing enough to make Jimmy want to confess. It just seemed lackadaisical to me. But still a great season ending episode nonetheless.

toadfishtom likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, holymoses said:

 I am alarmed at the level of hostility this fictitious sibling rivalry has generated from you.    I can't imagine why you seem to be taking it so seriously....and personally? 

Two brothers, professionals, different value ststems.....

Nah, you've got it all backwards anyway. I'm the older responsible one. 

But Chuck is still a ****. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, holymoses said:

 I am alarmed at the level of hostility this fictitious sibling rivalry has generated from you.    I can't imagine why you seem to be taking it so seriously....and personally? 

Two brothers, professionals, different value ststems.....

Chuck may have values

But he treats Jimmy like sh*t

Die in a fire

#chuckhaikus

Jimsmusic™, JDaveG and Carter like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are just about a month away now. I need Netflix to put up season 2 already so I can get my binge on before season 3 starts.

notthatcool likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now