• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any man who ever hits a woman when his life isn't in danger is a POS. Beginning and end of story. Shade it however you want to. It is what it is.

A judge already found Hardy guilty, a jury will also, bank on it. I don't think some of yall realize how taboo domestic violence is for the NFL in the wake of last season. These guys are going to be

my pops used to beat my mom's *** so I know first hand the effect it has on a person. If you saw them in the street you would never think anything happened behind closed doors. I know the reasons why

Bottom line is we all have different experiences in life. We all have different viewpoints largely based on our own life experiences.

It seems there are just a tiny, finite number of things we can agree on that aren't acceptable under any circumstances: any form of abuse towards a child, rape and non-justifiable (i.e. self defense) murder.

It's personally sad to me that the list is that small but that's the fallen world we live in.

He has sociopathic tendencies. It's in the way he carries himself, talks and acts. And real men don't "care less" about domestic abuse, let alone what he did. Throwing your girlfriend on a couch filled with assault rifles, strangling her and saying you'll kill her is messed up.

99% of good football players have sociopathic tendencies. And when I say care less I mean they mind their own business. He was charged with a misdemeanor do I doubt anybody would care that much about a misdemeanor in the lockeroom. Especially when there are many MANY cases of misdemeanor domestic cases throughout the NFL forever and a day before lately. Not condoning it but things happen and get out of control sometimes and ppl say things they don't mean in the heat of the moment. I've said that before when I was your age. I didn't do it tho and I'm nowhere near a sociopath. I think it was a situation that got out of hand and the best thing is to be rid of a woman that ca get a man to that point.

That said I'd still bring him on if this is the only case of domestic violence he's ever had. At this point it's just a horrible mistake. The same mistake I made when I was 22 and all I did was push a woman out of my house. Still got charged with misdemeanor simple battery. Never had another charge of domestic ever again in my life. I also think ppl shouldn't judge a young man or woman from a glass house. Nobody on these boards are without sin or perfect and there's a thin line between good and bad. All the f*cked up things pkayers in the falcons lockeroom and ever NFL lockeroom have done I doubt they will judge him. Hence they would care less. If he's a serial woman beater them it'd be a problem.

Bottom line is we all have different experiences in life. We all have different viewpoints largely based on our own life experiences.

It seems there are just a tiny, finite number of things we can agree on that aren't acceptable under any circumstances: any form of abuse towards a child, rape and non-justifiable (i.e. self defense) murder.

It's personally sad to me that the list is that small but that's the fallen world we live in.

I remember when I was a kid. There were three things people didn't discuss. Religion, politics, and money. Personally I don't like discussing quite a long list of things. Mainly because I am not where I want to be on every situation. The one thing I am trying to make sense of here is just...we are not a monolith on the boards or society, and there is no way to know what really happened.

You have one guy saying, "he looks like a sociopath and you have this so he is" (paraphrased), but how many knew Marvin Harrison was "bout that lyfe?" You never know and there are many more d-bags in the league. Many haven't been caught though.

Been here long enough to know this has nothing to do with his case at all. This has nothing to do with anything. Its the same 4-5 people who seem to REALLY hate the idea of a playmaker or characters...unless they are dancing like ladies and/or clowns.

You mention a playmaker for any reason and they are overrated, have a crimial background, oft injured, lockerroom cancer, or anything else. Talking football about a playmaker can't happen because they are unwanted. I'm sure they will only share the credit of wins with the guys you all like. ;)

Basically. They'll be all up in arms about the next thing they're told to be up in arms about too and the cycle will continue. The fact that hardy is a big name player and this case got very little publicity until the ray rice video says everything.

Basically. They'll be all up in arms about the next thing they're told to be up in arms about too and the cycle will continue. The fact that hardy is a big name player and this case got very little publicity until the ray rice video says everything.

am I the only one that thinks hardy isn't even a big name player. He had one good year

I agree Gritz. My life had been filled with the highest of highs and the lowest of lows so there isn't many situations I can't relate to. I look at things with different eyes through my experiences. Grew up in a house that experienced domestic violence. Seen a lot of grimey things go on right outside my door in old neighborhoods. But I've also seen great things because my dad put me in places to see success and to go to the school of performing arts in San francisco and keeping me active. So I believe in second chances because I've done some not so great things in life and was given a second chance and made very good. I don't condemn a man on his first mistake in sonething. Especially a young man. It's what he does with his second chance that shows what "gritz"that man is made of.

I remember when I was a kid. There were three things people didn't discuss. Religion, politics, and money. Personally I don't like discussing quite a long list of things. Mainly because I am not where I want to be on every situation. The one thing I am trying to make sense of here is just...we are not a monolith on the boards or society, and there is no way to know what really happened.

You have one guy saying, "he looks like a sociopath and you have this so he is" (paraphrased), but how many knew Marvin Harrison was "bout that lyfe?" You never know and there are many more d-bags in the league. Many haven't been caught though.

I agree with a lot of what you said.

Anyone who is honest will admit to having struggles in their own life....and as far as professional athletes, because of the sports illustration I have done in the past I have been fortunate enough to meet a few of them.

When Turner Sports and the Hawks hired me to paint Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's retirement painting when his farewell tour hit Atlanta I got to meet him before the game. I was warned about Kareem.

"Kareem's very standoffish Tim."

"He might not even speak to you."....etc. etc.

I haven't met a nicer professional athlete. He told me how much he loved the painting, took several pictures with me, answered every question I asked with a smile on his face and shook my hand.

A lot of them are just people with the same issues the rest of us have, just magnified.

Lots of violence in my family though, so I tend to be judgmental when I hear about someone hurting kids or women. I guess that (forgiveness) is something I need to work on.

I agree with a lot of what you said.

Anyone who is honest will admit to having struggles in their own life....and as far as professional athletes, because of the sports illustration I have done in the past I have been fortunate enough to meet a few of them.

When Turner Sports and the Hawks hired me to paint Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's retirement painting when his farewell tour hit Atlanta I got to meet him before the game. I was warned about Kareem.

"Kareem's very standoffish Tim."

"He might not even speak to you."....etc. etc.

I haven't met a nicer professional athlete. He told me how much he loved the painting, took several pictures with me, answered every question I asked with a smile on his face and shook my hand.

A lot of them are just people with the same issues the rest of us have, just magnified.

Lots of violence in my family though, so I tend to be judgmental when I hear about someone hurting kids or women. I guess that (forgiveness) is something I need to work on.

100% awesome post bro.

As I just said, Rice's case makes sense. Get mad, hit the person who made you mad. I'm not condoning that, but it happens. In Hardy's case it was: get mad, hit that woman and make her feel like I could take her life at a moment's notice.

If the elevator video had audio, you'd have heard the exact same thing, or worse, come from Rice. There's a pattern to these things and verbal threats are part of it.

And, like Rice, doesn't appear to be anything else in Hardy's past. so again, this was a single incident, where's the pattern?

He knew you were a friend of mine and that he'd better treat you right.

Yes......I have that kind of juice........biggrin.png

SEEERRRIOUSLY, though - great thoughts and nice objectivity. Well said, Sir!

I've noticed that people pretend to be higher than the lows and low Ives they live in.

You would be appalled in public by the teen star on tv who wears next to nothing, yet privately your daughter got pregnant at 15.

Your brother in law makes a drunken fool of himself every year, but a celeb who gets in a domestic dispute needs to be drawn and quartered.

THIS is why politics and religion stay off the table in public forum discussion. Some of you are insane!

I've noticed that people pretend to be higher than the lows and low Ives they live in.

You would be appalled in public by the teen star on tv who wears next to nothing, yet privately your daughter got pregnant at 15.

Your brother in law makes a drunken fool of himself every year, but a celeb who gets in a domestic dispute needs to be drawn and quartered.

THIS is why politics and religion stay off the table in public forum discussion. Some of you are insane!

It's much easier to be a holier than thou real man that stops bullets with his hands while shielding children from knife wielding women over the Internet...

Explain it then Internet psychologist. Clearly you've judged the man personally based on one news story that you have zero idea if it's even fact. That seems pretty sociopathic to me.

Oh, so sorry that I judged a man that would've been found guilty of domestic abuse if he hadn't of paid off his ex.

Pretty crazy how vehemently people will come to your defence if you can bring their favourite football team closer to a super bowl.

None of us know what happened that night and there is definitely more than one thing that could have happened. It's been awhile since I read all the details, but allegedly he accused her of cheating on him and at some point he hit her.

The guy is a 280 lb beast and if he hit the girl she would be unconscious and need immediate medical care. How bad were her injuries? I honestly never saw it reported so I don't know. It could be she was going crazy on him, yelling, hitting, kicking, throwing things and he was holding her off of him and threw her on the bed to get her off of him. It also doesn't make sense that he would be beating up the woman and he called 911 because she wouldn't leave. The last thing a famous person wants to do is call 911 in a situation like this.

I'm not saying that this is what happened and I absolutely don't agree with hitting a woman, but people need to understand this subject has a lot of gray area and rarely do people know the whole story. By the way, I don't agree with women hitting me either.

I say all of this because I've dated quite a few hot, spoiled, crazy girls and you would not believe the stories I could tell you. I have never hit a woman, but I've been punched, kicked, things thrown at me, cut with a knife, guns in my face, etc, etc. I have at times had to hold a girls arms while she is punching me repeatedly, but I never hit a girl. The crazy thing is almost every situation I had like that was when the girl cheated on me and I confronted her about it. I could tell stories for hours, but I've said enough.