Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xSICKxWITHxITx

Greg Hardy

I teach my son and daughter to keep their hands to themselves and to not hit any one regardless of their gender. If my daughter assaulted a boy, and he cleaned her clock I'd just let her know that's why you don't hit other people.

I feel sorry for your daughter then. There is absolutely no circumstance NONE, NADA, NEVER where it is acceptable for a man to strike a woman. I don't care if she's beating the living sh*t out of you!

Many women today would be disgusted with your assertion. You are basically calling women inferior to men.

Apparently Chivalry is dead, since I guess to some Chivalry = sexism.

Today I learned that nobody has ever been wrongfully convicted.

Judges grant custody of children to unfit mothers and victimize great fathers every day in this country. Judges decisions get overturned by higher courts regularly. Being A judge dosent make you infallible. Especially in cases where emotion plays a part.

People get wrongfully convicted all the time. That is why there is an appeals process. Even then it can fail. But I can tell you that, as someone who has actually defended people of criminal charges, in both bench and jury trials, it is the very rare exception when the judge lets their personal biases actually affect the outcome of a trial. For people to go out and immediately try to say that he could be innocent because the judge could have had some personal motivation to fry him is ridiculous.

Every judge has a reputation, and I do not claim to know the reps of any judges in NC, but I can tell you that in California, the one thing even the most liberal and conservative judges can find common ground on is the meaning of "beyond a reasonable doubt."

In essence, you and others are asking that we believe that a guy with 150lbs on a woman was in such fear of his safety that he had to strike or choke a woman AND that he just happened to go in front of the judge with an axe to grind who would hang him on it? I mean anything is possible, but you don't have all the facts and your position is nearly absurd in its plausibility.

I feel sorry for your daughter then. There is absolutely no circumstance NONE, NADA, NEVER where it is acceptable for a man to strike a woman. I don't care if she's beating the living sh*t out of you!

I hit a HUGE drunk bull dike lesbian with a bag of trash when I was 16. Luckily the police were in the parking lot and seen what happened. They took her to jail.

If I get banned so be it, but if you really believe that you are one of the biggest idiots I've ever come across.

People get wrongfully convicted all the time. That is why there is an appeals process. Even then it can fail. But I can tell you that, as someone who has actually defended people of criminal charges, in both bench and jury trials, it is the very rare exception when the judge lets their personal biases actually affect the outcome of a trial. For people to go out and immediately try to say that he could be innocent because the judge could have had some personal motivation to fry him is ridiculous.

Every judge has a reputation, and I do not claim to know the reps of any judges in NC, but I can tell you that in California, the one thing even the most liberal and conservative judges can find common ground on is the meaning of "beyond a reasonable doubt."

In essence, you and others are asking that we believe that a guy with 150lbs on a woman was in such fear of his safety that he had to strike or choke a woman AND that he just happened to go in front of the judge with an axe to grind who would hang him on it? I mean anything is possible, but you don't have all the facts and your position is nearly absurd in its plausibility.

I mostly agree with you. The only reason I'm in this thread is to shed some light on the fact that most people only care about what his victim was rather than what he did.

If he's found guilty by jury he should be gone. Not because of who his victim was but rather the nature of the crime.

I mostly agree with you. The only reason I'm in this thread is to shed some light on the fact that most people only care about what his victim was rather than what he did.

If he's found guilty by jury he should be gone. Not because of who his victim was but rather the nature of the crime.

If he assaulted anyone who was more or less defenseless against him in a fistfight, he should be charged, regardless of the gender of his victim. Of course the public outrage is going to be worse because it was a woman, but that is the society we live in.

If he assaulted anyone who was more or less defenseless against him in a fistfight, he should be charged, regardless of the gender of his victim. Of course the public outrage is going to be worse because it was a woman, but that is the society we live in.

Agreed 100% though I don't feel that the gender of his victim should even matter.

If I get banned so be it, but if you really believe that you are one of the biggest idiots I've ever come across.

Whatever....you really think I care about the opinion of someone who apparently would condone striking a woman? I've heard all these BS arguments and rationalizations before about how if a woman puts herself in the position of a man then she deserves to get hit. Ridiculous! Women may not like it being said but they are the weaker of the two sexes. If a man can't handle a woman hitting him without striking her back then he's nothing but a wimp. I've had a woman beating on me before, it's not a pleasnant experience but I put my hands and arms up over my face and head to protect myself till she quit. Never did I ever strike her or think about striking her. I protected myself without going on the offensive. It's called being a man, something you and Mr. Hardy obviously know very little about.

I'm sorry for not wanting to discuss something other than off the field issues. It's a cloud over his head but that's something the nfl will have to deal with. But carry on, don't let me interrupt my good man.

It was never meant to be an attack on you. I was merely making the point that his talent is unquestionable. It wasn't meant as a disagreement over whether or not it should be discussed.

Whatever....you really think I care about the opinion of someone who apparently would condone striking a woman? I've heard all these BS arguments and rationalizations before about how if a woman puts herself in the position of a man then she deserves to get hit. Ridiculous! Women may not like it being said but they are the weaker of the two sexes. If a man can't handle a woman hitting him without striking her back then he's nothing but a wimp. I've had a woman beating on me before, it's not a pleasnant experience but I put my hands and arms up over my face and head to protect myself till she quit. Never did I ever strike her or think about striking her. I protected myself without going on the offensive. It's called being a man, something you and Mr. Hardy obviously know very little about.

Would you hit a woman who was charging at you with a knife? What about if she was about to kick a baby? Do you attack her then?

I am guessing you don't let yourself or a baby die, so then it is not a matter of never, just a matter of degree of acceptable. Some people believe that if someone hits you you can hit them back. I don't subscribe to that, but if a woman (or a man) has a chance of causing you actual physical injury, I will defer to the victim on what the appropriate use of defensive force is...

I hope for your sake a woman never attacks you or any other males that subscribe to your illogical way of thinking with a deadly weapon. Your tombstone should read "Atleast he died like a man".

Would you hit a woman who was charging at you with a knife? What about if she was about to kick a baby? Do you attack her then?

I am guessing you don't let yourself or a baby die, so then it is not a matter of never, just a matter of degree of acceptable. Some people believe that if someone hits you you can hit them back. I don't subscribe to that, but if a woman (or a man) has a chance of causing you actual physical injury, I will defer to the victim on what the appropriate use of defensive force is...

I'd grab the hand with the knife. I'd shield the child. Lot's of difference in that and striking a woman back because she's hitting on you. I'm just absolutely freakin appalled at the attitude of some posters on here. I know that. I brought the point up earlier in the evening that if this were just some average Joe making minimum wage that did what he's already been convicted of doing, people would think he got what he deserved. But, because he's a football player that some people think could help out our team then they think he deserves special considerations. "Oh yeah, he beat the living sh*t outta that girl but he can dang sure rush the QB....let's sign him!!" Disgraceful and disgusting.....Good night.

I'd grab the hand with the knife. I'd shield the child. Lot's of difference in that and striking a woman back because she's hitting on you. I'm just absolutely freakin appalled at the attitude of some posters on here. I know that. I brought the point up earlier in the evening that if this were just some average Joe making minimum wage that did what he's already been convicted of doing, people would think he got what he deserved. But, because he's a football player that some people think could help out our team then they think he deserves special considerations. " Oh yeah, he beat the living sh*t outta that girl but he can dang sure rush the QB....let's sign him!!" Disgraceful and disgusting.....Good night.

You'd grab the hand with the knife.. rolleyes.gif You'd shield the child..rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

I have never in my thirty something years on this planet found a reason to put my hands on a woman with anything other than her consent, but your internet white knighting is a bit much man. Stick to tumblr.

I'd grab the hand with the knife. I'd shield the child. Lot's of difference in that and striking a woman back because she's hitting on you. I'm just absolutely freakin appalled at the attitude of some posters on here. I know that. I brought the point up earlier in the evening that if this were just some average Joe making minimum wage that did what he's already been convicted of doing, people would think he got what he deserved. But, because he's a football player that some people think could help out our team then they think he deserves special considerations. " Oh yeah, he beat the living sh*t outta that girl but he can dang sure rush the QB....let's sign him!!" Disgraceful and disgusting.....Good night.

I see nobody saying he should get special considerations. You're making arguments up out of thin air

You'd grab the hand with the knife.. rolleyes.gif You'd shield the child..rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

I have never in my thirty something years on this planet found a reason to put my hands on a woman with anything other than her consent, but your internet white knighting is a bit much man. Stick to tumblr.

Sounds like back in the 80's when I was young watching Karate Kid, I really thought I knew karate after it was over.

I see nobody saying he should get special considerations. You're making arguments up out of thin air

Semantics or a bad choice of words on my part. All through this thread there have been people here trying to make Hardy the victim in all this. Ridiculous!

In the end all I can do is go by the way I was raised and the way I've lived 52 years. You don't put your hands on a woman to harm her. You just don't. It's not acceptable. You guys want to bring up extreme life or death circumstances and no one can truthfully say how they would react to those until confronted with them. By all acounts what happened with Hardy was not such a case. The guy had his day in court and was convicted yet there are still those here who would defend him for beating a woman. Once again...sad.....very sad.