Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xSICKxWITHxITx

Greg Hardy

543 posts in this topic

Holy extremism Batman. Not every woman who accuses a man of hitting her is a lying whore looking for attention. Not every man who puts his hands on a woman is totally unjustified. What if she's beating your kid? What if she has a weapon? What if you are breaking up a fight between two other people? DV is a very difficult, complicated subject. There is usually only one witness and that person has just as many reasons to drop it as they do to pursue it in most cases. What do you think happens when a woman is wholly dependent upon her husband financially and he beats the crap out of her? Who do you think always gets the benefit of the doubt in obvious mutual combat cases? Trying to boil this down to a black and white issue is how you end up with some stupid zero tolerance policy, which is probably where the NFL is headed seeing as they care more about PR than actually fixing the problem.

Even if Hardy didn't actually do anything wrong, the franchise who signs him will be inviting a **** ton of media scrutiny and the wrath of the league if he steps one toe out of line. It's just not worth it.

Thanks for restoring my faith that there are at least some people here with a sense of good common decency.

You just agreed that it may be ok to sometimes lay hands on a woman. I thought you're simplistic absolutism called for the word never. Gritz is right, you are wrong. And a "real man" knows life is full of nuance, something you seem to willfully ignore.

Holy extremism Batman. Not every woman who accuses a man of hitting her is a lying whore looking for attention. Not every man who puts his hands on a woman is totally unjustified. What if she's beating your kid? What if she has a weapon? What if you are breaking up a fight between two other people? DV is a very difficult, complicated subject. There is usually only one witness and that person has just as many reasons to drop it as they do to pursue it in most cases. What do you think happens when a woman is wholly dependent upon her husband financially and he beats the crap out of her? Who do you think always gets the benefit of the doubt in obvious mutual combat cases? Trying to boil this down to a black and white issue is how you end up with some stupid zero tolerance policy, which is probably where the NFL is headed seeing as they care more about PR than actually fixing the problem.

Even if Hardy didn't actually do anything wrong, the franchise who signs him will be inviting a **** ton of media scrutiny and the wrath of the league if he steps one toe out of line. It's just not worth it.

This. Exactly this.

Being violent/not feeling pain and being able to beat a guy probably 4 times your size are different things though. What you're describing is the equivalent of a mother lifting a fridge over her head to save her kid; they go all out and lose all limits, but they don't actually go Bruce Banner Hulk smash on things.

Well obviously they can't go Hulk. They aren't throwing tanks and leaping over mountains. I was just saying PCP has known to give people incredible strength and make them violent

Y'all act as if he's the only pass rusher available.

Lets get him and Suh, then the defense will turn into a brawler style defense. We will certainly be the highest penalized defense in the league, AND the most fined, AND the most suspended, but heck, we will still scare people! >xD

Man, I would hate to think what some of y'all would have done in the Brian Banks trial. I guess he would just be guilty (like he was the first time) and a terrible defense lawyer wouldn't have mattered. With that said, more than likely Hardy beat up a woman, but since she was more interested in getting some cash we will never know.

Man, I would hate to think what some of y'all would have done in the Brian Banks trial. I guess he would just be guilty (like he was the first time) and a terrible defense lawyer wouldn't have mattered. With that said, more than likely Hardy beat up a woman, but since she was more interested in getting some cash we will never know.

Hardy had an expensive attorney and still got convicted.

And he appealed the ruling and it was thrown out. I'm not saying that he is innocent, nor that I want him on the team. Just that as of right now he committed no crime and there is no victem according to our legal system. It could have very well been that his lawyers convinced the woman to take the money and not show up, or it could have been that there was some evidence to show that she was lying and he did nothing wrong. I just find it curious that there are so many people ready to judge. Wait, no I don't.

"Hes a football player. He's taught to be violent. He's a huge physical specimen. You gotta expect this."

"His life could have been in danger! Shoes are deadly!"

Hmm. These things don't seem to go together.

Since he will no longer be suspended I say we at least make him an offer.

Offer him a backloaded contract as an incentive to stay out of trouble.

If he rejects it and goes to a team that offers him big guaranteed money then I will be glad he didn't come here as it would show that he could still be a troublemaker.

Well obviously they can't go Hulk. They aren't throwing tanks and leaping over mountains. I was just saying PCP has known to give people incredible strength and make them violent

Yeah no doubt, not saying it doesn't, just not sure it would matter in the context of this situation, life and death or not.

Since he will no longer be suspended I say we at least make him an offer.

Offer him a backloaded contract as an incentive to stay out of trouble.

If he rejects it and goes to a team that offers him big guaranteed money then I will be glad he didn't come here as it would show that he could still be a troublemaker.

BRING'EM HOME TD!!!
papachaz likes this

Doesn't have much to do with innocence. He paid her off so that he could play next season. If he paid her a couple of million, probably comes out ahead. If the judges ruling had stood, he's suspended for 6 games, now he's not.

And, there's a middle ground here somewhere.

I don't condone DV at all. and Hardy deserves a second chance. He's always had a rep for crazy but not violent. Most cases of DV involve long term problems, multiple trips to the hospital and to jail. Don't hear that about Hardy

Ray Lewis is the perfect example of what I'm getting at, although Lewis never killed anyone. What has happened since then? He's been a model citizen.

If Hardy comes in, signs a contract that voids if he gets in trouble, does the talk show rounds, takes the lead against domestic violence, apologizes to everyone and, here's the key- never does anything like that again, then I'm OK with the Falcons signing him.

Blank can have a zero tolerance policy towards Hardy- one single misstep, you're gone and your millions in contracts go away.

I think that, if Hardy keeps himself out of trouble, protests will die down quickly. If he gets in trouble, you look like a good guy for giving him another chance [ exactly the tact Goodell took with Vick].

Again, don't condone his actions, but, if he never does it again, I'm OK with him being here.

well said

falconidae likes this

You just agreed that it may be ok to sometimes lay hands on a woman. I thought you're simplistic absolutism called for the word never. Gritz is right, you are wrong. And a "real man" knows life is full of nuance, something you seem to willfully ignore.

I said several pages back now that "no one can truthfully say how they would react in a life or death situation until they are confronted with it". That includes myself. Perhaps you missed that statement amongst all the cheerleading for a piece of scum who laid hands on a woman to harm her when it was clearly not life or death for him or anyone involved with him. My quote above was made in response to the people who were bringing up extreme situations as examples just so they could be right. Clearly many people here are more interested in being right and justifying and rationalizing why it's OK to hit a woman than they are anything else. Makes me sick.

Honestly I don't know why the guy or his attorney isn't in the very least guilty of witness tampering but I doubt the DA up there has the balls to go after him because of who he is.

I don't think it's been said yet, but Hardy beat the charges too.

Hardy for pass rush

Ray Lewis for LB

Hernandez for TE

Incognito for OL

Ray Rice for RB

Pacman for CB

CHAMIONSHIP

Doesn't have much to do with innocence. He paid her off so that he could play next season. If he paid her a couple of million, probably comes out ahead. If the judges ruling had stood, he's suspended for 6 games, now he's not.

And, there's a middle ground here somewhere.

I don't condone DV at all. and Hardy deserves a second chance. He's always had a rep for crazy but not violent. Most cases of DV involve long term problems, multiple trips to the hospital and to jail. Don't hear that about Hardy

Ray Lewis is the perfect example of what I'm getting at, although Lewis never killed anyone. What has happened since then? He's been a model citizen.

If Hardy comes in, signs a contract that voids if he gets in trouble, does the talk show rounds, takes the lead against domestic violence, apologizes to everyone and, here's the key- never does anything like that again, then I'm OK with the Falcons signing him.

Blank can have a zero tolerance policy towards Hardy- one single misstep, you're gone and your millions in contracts go away.

I think that, if Hardy keeps himself out of trouble, protests will die down quickly. If he gets in trouble, you look like a good guy for giving him another chance [ exactly the tact Goodell took with Vick].

Again, don't condone his actions, but, if he never does it again, I'm OK with him being here.

Can you really trust anything from a guy that just paid a girl off?

Yeah, they're feeling some type of ways in here. LOL!!!!!

Many kind of feelings man...I Wasn't lying about the move or my back either. I was a dog for five days killing it. My wife asked for something out of a box on the six day. Her boots man. I bent over to pick them up and my back said "fuk you".

Back to the feelings though. Man Whateva....

Truth is always closer to the middle and the middle is muddy as heyell.

And anyone that tells you with a straight face that Hardy's life was in danger from a drug addict with a pair of shoes has an agenda.

And what if she grabbed a loaded gun? there were several around.

What if he was keeping her from putting the barrel in her mouth and pulling the trigger?

What if she was running headlong into the wall repeatedly? Either because she wanted to hurt herself or because she was going to use the injuries to blackmail him

What if she came out of the kitchen with a butcher knife and he turned around just in time to keep his kidneys intact?

As coked up and drunk as she was, any of those are possibilities.

Yeah, he should have just left, but he may have thought he could talk her down [sounds like he'd done that in the past] and it got out of hand.

Again, I'm not condoning what he did [ although nobody really knows exactly what happened]. I'm saying that it was truly insane, more insane than most people ever deal with.

TheFatboi likes this

Can you really trust anything from a guy that just paid a girl off?

Because she wasn't fully committed to pursuing the case he probably would have paid her off even if he was completely innocent. Going in front of a jury is a huge gamble. It just takes one crazy to screw it all up. Unfortunately the system in NC allowed him to basically have a test run to see if it was even necessary to pay her to go away.

Realistically, it's not like they were in some sort of long term, committed relationship though, so this is a positive outcome for both parties. She got what was probably a substantial payday over an incident that probably hasn't had any long term negative ramifications on her personal life and he avoided a big suspension that would have severely hampered his ability to find work this season. Is it a "just" outcome? Probably not, but if the victim in a DV case doesn't want to testify it's really ******* hard to do much with it.