Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry Maguire

David Cobb Is A Great Fit At Rb Imo

24 posts in this topic

He runs with leverage and power, patient and decisive in his cuts, and protects the ball. He doesn't have top end speed or that second gear but gets to top speed quickly. Great fit for the ZBS. What round does everyone think he will be drafted in?

Says you and everyone else on this site. The greatness of Cobb ended when he stopped being a 5th rounder and started to be a 3rd.

BleedBlack&Red likes this

Says you and everyone else on this site. The greatness of Cobb ended when he stopped being a 5th rounder and started to be a 3rd.

That made me lol

I'm trying to figure out the sudden fascination with Cobb. How many Big 10 flops are we going to sift through in the NFL? Chicken vs. Egg... Did Cobb run a 4.8 because he pulled up or did he pull up because he was running a 4.8? Please name a successful running back who ran a 4.8???

Cobb is a fit for ZBS. That's why people like him in the mid rounds. I don't know all forty times of the great backs but I know Emmitt Smith didn't run a fast Forty.

Cobb is a fit for ZBS. That's why people like him in the mid rounds. I don't know all forty times of the great backs but I know Emmitt Smith didn't run a fast Forty.

Emmitt Smith had the best vision of any RB and the best power blocking line ever and he still ran faster than 4.8... Are we willing to take that chance on Cobb? Don't forget multiple teams were poised to take Emmitt Smith in the 1st round and David Cobb is universally 3rd -6th round pick.

So you are saying that spending a mid to late rounder on Cobb is taking a big risk? Has anyone said the job would be handed to him? There have been some very good ZBS RBs that were slower than ideal that excelled. I haven't seen anyone say Cobb is the next great RB anywhere. You are also going with the assumption that he was faking pulling up. You need to prove that to even have an argument. I think he fits this system well and will accentuate his talents.

I wouldn't mind David Cobb at all, I think he's a great fit in the ZBS. I still think Freeman is going to be the feature guy, Cobb could be a good complimentary guy tho

I like Cobb and he'd be successful in this system. As would a large number of running backs, as has been proven in the past. This system has proven to be effective, on different teams with different coordinators, at turning 6th, 7th rd picks and UDFAs into 1000+ yard rushers. Whether it's any of those Broncos RBs, Arian Foster, Alfred Morris, or Justin Forsett, many overlooked RBs have seen success in this system. I doubt we draft a RB before the 6th. Wash drafted Helu in the 4th the yr before Shanahan arrived, they took Morris in the 6th that year. With guys like Cobb, Artis-Payne, Josh Robinson, Matt Jones, Malcolm Brown, & Synjyn Days likely to available late, I hope we wait until our last pick to select a HB. I believe in Freeman.

I absolutely don't care if he ran a slow 40. His short speed is far more important to me. His ability to push a pile is even more important. I want a guy who will get 4 yards without a hole. I think Cobb can do that.

Adam25 likes this

Here are some of the mid to late round RBs I like for this year, in no particular order: Cobb, Zenner, Vargas, Malcolm Brown. I haven't looked at them all. Malcolm Brown *could be* another version of Arian Foster, and I love how physical he runs.

I'm trying to figure out the sudden fascination with Cobb. How many Big 10 flops are we going to sift through in the NFL? Chicken vs. Egg... Did Cobb run a 4.8 because he pulled up or did he pull up because he was running a 4.8? Please name a successful running back who ran a 4.8???

lol, did you not see him grinning in pain immediately after his 40? He absolutely pulled up because of his quad. He had to be helped off the field for christ sake! If anything, it is impressive that he was still able to run a 4.8 with a quad tweak mid run.

He wasn't able to run at Minnesota's pro day today but will have an individual pro day at Minnesota later. I'd be surprised if he didn't run a 4.65-4.68. Maybe he might run a tad slower because he hasn't/won't be able to train for a few weeks but when 100% healthy, that is most likely what he will run. Before the injury he also had 38.5 vertical and a 121 inch broad jump, particularly impressive given his 230 pound frame.

Emmitt Smith had the best vision of any RB and the best power blocking line ever and he still ran faster than 4.8... Are we willing to take that chance on Cobb? Don't forget multiple teams were poised to take Emmitt Smith in the 1st round and David Cobb is universally 3rd -6th round pick.

He is a projected second rounder by Russ Lande and the #35th overall ranked prospect by Rotoworld's John Norris.

lol, did you not see him grinning in pain immediately after his 40? He absolutely pulled up because of his quad. He had to be helped off the field for christ sake! If anything, it is impressive that he was still able to run a 4.8 with a quad tweak mid run.

He wasn't able to run at Minnesota's pro day today but will have an individual pro day at Minnesota later. I'd be surprised if he didn't run a 4.65-4.68. Maybe he might run a tad slower because he hasn't/won't be able to train for a few weeks but when 100% healthy, that is most likely what he will run. Before the injury he also had 38.5 vertical and a 121 inch broad jump, particularly impressive given his 230 pound frame.

lawd 1/2 mercy

lawd 1/2 mercy

It hurts so good.