Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ya_boi_j

Meet The Poster

706 posts in this topic

And big credit to ya_boi_j.

Best thread on this board in months.

Tons of quality people populate these boards. I'm honored to post with you guys.

Ohhhhhhh staaaaaaawwwwwwp (embarrassed face)

PokerSteve likes this

Hey friends! Name is Adrian, I'm 27 and currently live in Seattle. I'm originally from Romania(thats where RomFal comes from) and became a fan of the NFL around 2002 when they started broadcasting games there on the local sports network. Guess I became a diehard fan when I stayed up until 6:30AM to watch Superbowl 38(Patriots - Panthers) with school at 8AM that day(think I was in 10th grade). Thats the first SB I watched and have seen every one since then.

Not being from the states I had no geographical allegiance to any one area, originally followed the Dolphins, for some reason they had their games on TV fairly often on replay, but I guess the main reason I became a Falcons fan is Michael Vick. I was also a fan of the color scheme and the logo(I think it was the newest one in the NFL back then), around the same time I also became a fan of the New Jersey Devils for similar reasons(Martin Brodeur+Patrik Elias and red white and black). I've been a member of these boards since 2005 I think.

I moved to the States in 2008 at 19 and have been a US citizen for over 2 years now.

zBnkb1M.jpg

I would enjoy hanging out watching a Falcons game with you Steve. That would be entertaining.

Same here, dude. I'm thinking that's going to have to happen, maybe this season, huh?

Knight of God likes this

Hey friends! Name is Adrian, I'm 27 and currently live in Seattle. I'm originally from Romania(thats where RomFal comes from) and became a fan of the NFL around 2002 when they started broadcasting games there on the local sports network. Guess I became a diehard fan when I stayed up until 6:30AM to watch Superbowl 38(Patriots - Panthers) with school at 8AM that day(think I was in 10th grade). Thats the first SB I watched and have seen every one since then.

Not being from the states I had no geographical allegiance to any one area, originally followed the Dolphins, for some reason they had their games on TV fairly often on replay, but I guess the main reason I became a Falcons fan is Michael Vick. I was also a fan of the color scheme and the logo(I think it was the newest one in the NFL back then), around the same time I also became a fan of the New Jersey Devils for similar reasons(Martin Brodeur+Patrik Elias and red white and black). I've been a member of these boards since 2005 I think.

I moved to the States in 2008 at 19 and have been a US citizen for over 2 years now.

Man, that is just awesome. You know I kind of thought Rome, Ga. LOL!!! That's super awesome though bro!

Romfal and PokerSteve like this

What going on crew!!! Love seeing and learning about everyone.

My name is Chris and I recently turned the big 4-0. I grew up on the north side of Chicago (huge Cubs fan) and currently live in Aurora, Colorado. I have been a huge Falcons fan since 1990 when Deion & Rison where doing their thing!!! It was a fun time and they hooked me when I was 16. Then Mike Pritchard was drafted out of University of Colorado and I've LOVED the birds ever since!

I am married to my high school sweetheart and we have FOUR kids. Three girls (20, 18 & 16 - who all play competitive soccer and have (or will) earn D1 scholarships) and a 12 year old son who plays baseball & basketball.

I have worked the night shift at Aurora 911 for the past 14 years!

I met Mike Pritchard last month and he signed my old jersey. "Best Wishes Chris, Mike Pritchard #35, "Too Legit"

post-543144-0-05743100-1423283275_thumb.

Edit: I also want to add that I have been a member of these boards for a loooong time! Would always lurk around and read, but started posting regularly a few months back.

What going on crew!!! Love seeing and learning about everyone.

My name is Chris and I recently turned the big 4-0. I grew up on the north side of Chicago (huge Cubs fan) and currently live in Aurora, Colorado. I have been a huge Falcons fan since 1990 when Deion & Rison where doing their thing!!! It was a fun time and they hooked me when I was 16. Then Mike Pritchard was drafted out of University of Colorado and I've LOVED the birds ever since!

I am married to my high school sweetheart and we have FOUR kids. Three girls (20, 18 & 16 - who all play competitive soccer and have (or will) earn D1 scholarships) and a 12 year old son who plays baseball & basketball.

(Tried to post a pic, but it's not working)

I met Mike Pritchard last month and he signed my old jersey. "Best Wishes Chris, Mike Pritchard #35, "Too Legit"

White Sox bro...lol

Since1990 likes this

I'm Kyle. Been in Atlanta since I was 1. Diehard fan of all Atlanta teams, including the Jackets and the Dawgs. My dad was raising me a Cowboys fan but I became a Falcons fan when I was 6 or 7 and found out Atlanta had its own team. First game I saw was a preseason game and Tony Graziani(Chandler's backup) was the first player I knew, hence the screenname.

Besides that, I'm a musical artist, message board lurker, stoner, and all around chill dude.

Since1990, Stoic, Tandy and 1 other like this

Man this thread makes me miss all the old school posters.

Cappy, Gazoo, Shiney, Rev Hal, JStammer, Moderator, Falcon56, Antmillenium, Cooter, JohnnyBuc, DefCon, Shay, DaddyKnowsBest, Birdweiserrr, Swifty, TonaBull, BucShaq, ClownOrg, Banker, BEllis, DireWolf, SCFalconFan, SacFalconFan, AlbinoDonkey and more.

Best TATF era ever. Shame they banned Swifty. Many of us hung out together. Me and SacFalcFan would crash Gazoo's house and eat all of his burgers. Levak would bring us up to the Branch and give us full access. We saw things most posters here will never see. Me and Cappy watched Snelling run us to our first back to back at my crib. Shiney would make home brew with no pants on. Levak would give Stammer enough field passes to get all of us in. Gazoo would take us to lunch with the players. Miss them days bad.

I'm Jim and I'm 45 years old. I grew up in a small town in middle Ga. and played football, basketball, baseball, track, and golf in high school.

Somewhere I have a photo of me in a Falcons robe when I was about 5, which would have been 1974. The only thing I've ever stolen in my life was a Falcons helmet magnet, lol. I was about 8 and my friend talked me into it. I felt bad about and still remember it clearly. I remember going to some games in Fulton Co stadium with my dad when I was young. Somehow he used to sneak the two of us into a clubroom to watch the game.

Two things that stick out in my mind at Fulton Co. stadium are seeing busloads of freakin Saints fans and once my Uncle caught me checking out the cheerleaders with binoculars. He thought it was the best thing ever and I was 9 or 10. Good times.

My favorite teams in order are Falcons, Hawks, UGA, Ga. Tech, Braves. I grew up a Tech fan because of my dad, but I've lived in Athens for 18 years so that changed. I remember when I was really young we went to a Tech game and the bathroom was downstairs, sort of dark, and was just cinder block walls with a trough on the floor. Anybody else remember that?

I work for myself doing residential and commercial maintenance. I live in Athens, but mostly work in Atlanta. Oh and I'm a Sasquatch researcher. That's actually true and I've had a chance to be on a couple of TV shows on the subject. I'm aware most of you will think I'm nuts when you read that and I'm fine with that, lol.

No....I know Sasquatch is real. If people ever looked into the REAL evidence...and ignored the fakers. I also know a guy in California who saw one while camping. I read Grover Krantz's book years ago. I would love to go on an expedition sometime. The problem is these are creatures are SUPER intelligent...hard to get near em. I know northern Georgia is a pretty hot spot for Squatches. I'm in Charlotte now.....Uhwarrie is close by but I've never been there yet.

Love these threads regardless of how many times they get posted. Shout out to the OP.

Real name is Jason.

Born in Beaumont,TX and now reside about 30 minutes South of Houston,TX. Recently purchased a home on 3 acres that is located on Bastrop Bayou. By boat I am about 20 minutes from the Gulf of Mexico.

I am a process operator for Chevron Phillips Chemical Company and my beautiful wife is a program designer for Dow Chemical. My son is a self employed, full time brat. My wife and I also just found out that we are expecting our second child today.

I became a Falcons fan in 1986. I will never forget it. I was four years old and my mother and I were homeless. Her friend and her husband took us in. One evening my mother and her friend were going to run to the grocery store and I stayed behind with her friends husband and his friends. His name was Boyd Allen and he was a construction worker from Georgia.

That night, the Falcons were playing. When my mom left to the store I was standing there In my faded Dallas Cowboys t shirt. He looked at me and laughed. He then disappeared into his bedroom and when he came back he held a ratty old black t shirt in his hands.

Even though it was 100x too big, he put it on me and said," any man that watches football with me is going to root for a real team."

For the first time in my life I was a part of a guys world. First time a male in my life showed me positive attention. Falcons fan ever since. The red and black to me means way more than just football.

I will post pics as soon as I can. Thanks for allowing me to share.

God bless.

And big credit to ya_boi_j.

Best thread on this board in months.

Tons of quality people populate these boards. I'm honored to post with you guys.

Couldn't have said it better, brother.

zBnkb1M.jpg

I've been to Romania. Cool country!! It was much different than I expected. I learned a lot there too! Romania is the only country in Europe with Oil!! It's the only European country with poisonous snakes! I was surprised with all the Greek Orthodox Churches there. Never knew!! I was up in the Transylvania Alps and had some great Polenta!! Man..part of my family heritage is Tyrolean/Austrian, so I know about Polenta!! Another surprise! Also, I did't realize how close the Romanian language was to Italian. Incredible!

Romfal likes this

Howdy, folks.

I'm Jake. I was born, raised, and currently live in Chattanooga, Tennessee. My family were Falcons fans before the Titans came, and a new team wasn't going to pull us away.

Currently, I am a weekly contributor to thefalcoholic.com, associate at my local grocery, and a freshman at the local community college. I also run "Atlanta Falcons Memes" on Facebook.

I'm a long-time lurker of the boards here, and recently took to posting around last offseason. Nothing can make me love this team any less, and I dream about the day I can finally call our Falcons champions.

PokerSteve, Romfal and Orange Julio like this

I've been to Romania. Cool country!! It was much different than I expected. I learned a lot there too! Romania is the only country in Europe with Oil!! It's the only European country with poisonous snakes! I was surprised with all the Greek Orthodox Churches there. Never knew!! I was up in the Transylvania Alps and had some great Polenta!! Man..part of my family heritage is Tyrolean/Austrian, so I know about Polenta!! Another surprise! Also, I did't realize how close the Romanian language was to Italian. Incredible!

Nice! Transilvania is really cool. I'm from the Moldova part of Romania, but only 3-4h from Brasov where Dracula's castle is. I make polenta any time I fry fish, there is no substitute for that combo in my opinion, I guess in the south here in America you would have corn bread, which is a similar concept. The orthodox church is weird, but its interesting to visit the old monasteries, lots of history and some really cool mural art if you're in to that.

A lot of Romanians immigrate to Italy and Spain for work because the language is easy to learn, around 10 of my highschool friends are abroad in either Italy, Spain or England(we learn English in school), I can actually understand about 30% of Italian without ever taking a class, Romanian is the closest languange to old Latin when it comes to grammar and some of the words.

Tandy and PokerSteve like this

Alright I'll play along...

My first name is Ryne, and I am a first grade teacher from Iowa. I am 28 years old. I have no kids or wife.

I was named after Cubs HOF 2nd baseman Ryne Sandberg. Naturally I am a Cubs and Falcons fan so you can only imagine how disappointing my sports life has been. I also like the Iowa Hawkeyes for college basketball and football. Also very disappointing. I hope to see a World Series or a Super Bowl title at least once in my life. I know I am never getting a National Championship.

When I am not watching the falcons, cubs, or hawkeyes I spend my time playing golf, gambling, drinking beer, or just simply relaxing.

That's about it...

I'm with you on the "Disappointing" thing! Cubs & Falcons fan here!!!

Man this thread makes me miss all the old school posters.

Cappy, Gazoo, Shiney, Rev Hal, JStammer, Moderator, Falcon56, Antmillenium, Cooter, JohnnyBuc, DefCon, Shay, DaddyKnowsBest, Birdweiserrr, Swifty, TonaBull, BucShaq, ClownOrg, Banker, BEllis, DireWolf, SCFalconFan, SacFalconFan, AlbinoDonkey and more.

Best TATF era ever. Shame they banned Swifty. Many of us hung out together. Me and SacFalcFan would crash Gazoo's house and eat all of his burgers. Levak would bring us up to the Branch and give us full access. We saw things most posters here will never see. Me and Cappy watched Snelling run us to our first back to back at my crib. Shiney would make home brew with no pants on. Levak would give Stammer enough field passes to get all of us in. Gazoo would take us to lunch with the players. Miss them days bad.

How many of them did you kiss?

My name is Clarence. I am currently working for DHS, but I am looking to move on. I have a non-profit group I use to help people all kinds. I actually am the anti-activist, I'll explain that some other time. Also a minister. I have 8 children and a great wife who loves football and helps in my scouting. Got into that when it started becoming evident I would not play on any level higher than semi-pro.

Currently I am also in college for Psychology:Christian Counseling. Even though I am known as a pretty good guy, I still have a mean streak I am working on. Through the grace of God, I will get there. Was a Browns and Bama fan before I was a Falcons fan. Fell for the Falcons when I came to Augusta in '89. Dad retired at Ft. Gordon, my fam is from Ruleville, Mississippi which is home to me as well. I lived in Chicago a huge chunk of my young life...lol...this is all over the place, but I followed the Browns to Baltimore, which is how I am a Raven's fan.

I specialize in defense, even though I played FS, CB, and Slot Receiver, I do my best with DL and LB's...lol. Always wanted to play DL and LB but never had the size. I'm 5'10' 215lbs now. Still athletic in shape.

Mainly I love people. I go with a very strong Christ outlook, but like I said...I still need work. I love all of you, you're my Falcon family and even though I didn't want McDaniels I am sure I would have never quit. Psychic Gibbon and a few others pulled my snapback on that one.

Looking forward to the season guys.

EDIT: The logo on the left is the logo for Knights of God Community and Family Services....the non-profit. It was done by Gritz acouple of years back and is known known in the CSRA as the logo for KoGC&FS.

we know you weren't going anywhere bro. We all need to blow off steam here and there lol
Knight of God likes this

Maybe this thread should be pinned?

It's great to find out a little more about other posters. Sometimes it's too easy to get caught up in our differences of opinion on issues and to overlook the fact that - despite those differences - we have a lot in common and all want the same thing.

PokerSteve and kiwifalcon like this