Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ya_boi_j

Meet The Poster

706 posts in this topic

This is awesome!

My name is Ivan and I'm from Santa Fe, New Mexico. I'm 31 years old and My wife Amanda and I have been married for almost 8 years. We have two boys: Jayden (7) and Shawn (2). I have been a Falcons fan since the early 90s, and I saw my first Falcons game in Denver in 2004. In 2012, we were fortunate enough to make the trip to Atlanta to watch the Falcons play the Saints on a Thursday night game! As far as sports is concerned, the teams I root for are: Atlanta Falcons, New Mexico Lobos (NCAAB), Alabama Football, Los Angeles Dodgers, and without a NBA team, I enjoy watching LeBron James. I have been on this board since 2012, but had been lurking for a couple years prior to that. This is probably the longest post that I have ever posted on this forum, mostly I enjoy posting GIFs. LOL!

04E763E0-5E98-4F64-B5A5-2E8CDDF24158_zps

16675A61-D41B-46E1-B0DE-1C319BBC24B8_zps

23E91ECE-5A56-4BF1-9B75-B53CD6678501_zps

Oh I guess I can add I am recovering from hopefully my last surgery on my foot. It hurts like a SOB, but the drugs are good. Sean Payton would love to get his hands on what I got! :wiggle:

My name is Patrick and I am 35yrs old.

I was born in Houston and used to love the Oilers as much as the Falcons until they left Houston.

I live in Miami, FL. Coral Gables to be more exact. I work for Sysco South Florida and because of that spend a lot of time in bars, all of which are clients I swear!

I have no children, but that might change in the not so distant future. I am a self described moderate liberal. The only way I go full on is when I see radicalism coming from the other side, otherwise I am very open to new ideas and prefer logic over emotion. I am pretty easy going guy all around though. I enjoy fishing more than anything and do so as much as is at all possible. I own a boat that I spend a lot of time on either fixing or fishing from.

I don't know what else to say!

So we finally meet the man behind the curtain! As for me, I'm a fiscally conservative social liberal.

Wizard.jpg

Tandy, Stoic and Tuggle'2 like this

Oh I guess I can add I am recovering from hopefully my last surgery on my foot. It hurts like a SOB, but the drugs are good. Sean Payton would love to get his hands on what I got! :wiggle:

I'm getting over these 2 **** teeth that were pulled last Friday. The top one is no problem but I finally put a flashlight to my mouth and saw the hole in the bottom while looking in the mirror. Just makes me feel funny knowing about it. Went back today for the follow up and he wants me back in 2 weeks to check the other tooth to make sure it's gonna be okay. If not I'm gonna need a root canal
Tuggle'2 likes this

This is awesome!

My name is Ivan and I'm from Santa Fe, New Mexico. I'm 31 years old and My wife Amanda and I have been married for almost 8 years. We have two boys: Jayden (7) and Shawn (2). I have been a Falcons fan since the early 90s, and I saw my first Falcons game in Denver in 2004. Into thousand 12, we were fortunate enough to make the trip to Atlanta to watch the Falcons play the Saints on a Thursday night game! As far as sports is concerned, the teams I root far are: Atlanta Falcons, New Mexico Lobos (NCAAB), Alabama Football, Los Angeles Dodgers, and without a NBA team, I enjoy watching LeBron James. I have been on this board since 2012, but had been lurking for a couple years prior to that. This is probably the longest post that I have ever posted on this forum, mostly I enjoy posting GIFs. LOL!

04E763E0-5E98-4F64-B5A5-2E8CDDF24158_zps

16675A61-D41B-46E1-B0DE-1C319BBC24B8_zps

23E91ECE-5A56-4BF1-9B75-B53CD6678501_zps

Impressive beard is impressive

Orange Julio likes this

Whatever Tandy, you are a stone cold fox! I can't believe you have great grandchildren!

Well you certainly made this great-grandmother feel great even if my cheeks are redder than my hair now!

Thanks for the update. Personally, I think you look better as a red-head, excuse me, as an auburn-head. I'm sure that you have a least 8 crowns in heaven waiting for you, one for each grandchild that you raised.

Lord knows, it hasn't always been easy, but it's been good and I've already been blessed with more than I could ever have asked for.

The great news is (although, bless their hearts, they may not think so right now) they are all Falconized except the oldest - who is in love with Peyton Manning - and follows the Broncos now (and previously the Colts). I don't know where I went wrong with her emot-bang.gif

Anyway - one more shot - this was at the Miami/Falcons game in 2013 - and is one of my favorite shots of my hubby with 4 of our granddaughters:

1294578_10201334570159126_1540409166_o.j

My name is Steve. I was born under a bad sign and I’ve been down since I began to crawl. The day I was born, the nurses gathered round, and they gazed in wide wonder at the joy they’d found. I grew up fast, and I grew up wrong, I crashed and burned, but not for long. Joined the Navy, spent a couple of tours in Nam, didn’t get shot and didn’t get bombed. But I digress.

Came back home, took journalism courses at Georgia State. Took what I learned and went from a $5 per week semi-amateur reporter to senior editor for a large newspaper chain. From there started my own weekly paper, grew it into a legit competitor for the locals, then sold my half after too many squabbles with my partner.

Since leaving the newspaper I’ve written a couple of books, sold and marketed some sports products, mental programming products, Asian lingerie distributorships, dabbled in real estate and played a couple million hands of on-line poker. Okay the Asian lingerie distributorship was just a red herring, but I'm keeping that in reserve.

Otherwise, I’m a stay-at-home curmudgeon who drinks Jack Black, launches interweb tirades about little or nothing, and I spend a lot of time playing the blues on one of three or four guitars that followed me home from the music store and which I was forced to adopt. I do music shows for small get-togethers, small weddings, small clubs, and of course, when I can book them, small orgies as well.

I’ve been a Falcon fan since it was announced Atlanta had been awarded an NFL franchise to Rankin Smith as franchise owner. The team was so bad and so poorly coached, it was like watching the Washington Generals against the Harlem Globetrotters every Sunday. But we were all just so happy to have an NFL team in our town, we just smiled through the pain and hoped for better days. As a journalist, I got to meet a few of the players at a couple of local charity events and they were great guys. Mike Kenn in particular was a player who would give his time for small charity events. Nice guy.

As the team approaches a half-century in the NFL, I can happily say it appears we have in place the best coaching staff, ownership and front office, all together at one time, that we’ve ever had. With the players we have as a nucleus, a generous amount of cap space and Pioli and the scouting department now taking the major responsibilities for player selection from TD, we’re going to be one of the top five teams in the league within a year or two. Rejoice, ye downtrodden, ye besieged, ye Dirty Bird faithful flock. Take a big drink, sing a happy song, because the Falcon Golden Age is about to dawn. Peace out.

CTann, Tony Diesel, rn1979 and 18 others like this

LOL! Thanks man. It takes patience.

Yeah it does! Once you get past the itchy stage it's pretty much clear sailing though. I grew mine really long twice... down to the middle of my chest... and once it got so long that it was regularly getting caught in the zipper of my jacket, I had to get rid of it. I really miss it in the winter though.

Orange Julio likes this

My name is Steve. I was born under a bad sign and Ive been down since I began to crawl. The day I was born, the nurses gathered round, and they gazed in wide wonder at the joy theyd found. I grew up fast, and I grew up wrong, I crashed and burned, but not for long. Joined the Navy, spent a couple of tours in Nam, didnt get shot and didnt get bombed. But I digress.

Came back home, took journalism courses at Georgia State. Took what I learned and went from a $5 per week semi-amateur reporter to senior editor for a large newspaper chain. From there started my own weekly paper, grew it into a legit competitor for the locals, then sold my half after too many squabbles with my partner.

Since leaving the newspaper Ive written a couple of books, sold and marketed some sports products, mental programming products, Asian lingerie distributorships, dabbled in real estate and played a couple million hands of on-line poker. Okay the Asian lingerie distributorship was just a red herring, but I'm keeping that in reserve.

Otherwise, Im a stay-at-home curmudgeon who drinks Jack Black, launches interweb tirades about little or nothing, and I spend a lot of time playing the blues on one of three or four guitars that followed me home from the music store and which I was forced to adopt. I do music shows for small get-togethers, small weddings, small clubs, and of course, when I can book them, small orgies as well.

Ive been a Falcon fan since it was announced Atlanta had been awarded an NFL franchise to Rankin Smith as franchise owner. The team was so bad and so poorly coached, it was like watching the Washington Generals against the Harlem Globetrotters every Sunday. But we were all just so happy to have an NFL team in our town, we just smiled through the pain and hoped for better days. As a journalist, I got to meet a few of the players at a couple of local charity events and they were great guys. Mike Kenn in particular was a player who would give his time for small charity events. Nice guy.

As the team approaches a half-century in the NFL, I can happily say it appears we have in place the best coaching staff, ownership and front office, all together at one time, that weve ever had. With the players we have as a nucleus, a generous amount of cap space and Pioli and the scouting department now taking the major responsibilities for player selection from TD, were going to be one of the top five teams in the league within a year or two. Rejoice, ye downtrodden, ye besieged, ye Dirty Bird faithful flock. Take a big drink, sing a happy song, because the Falcon Golden Age is about to dawn. Peace out.

nice to meet you steve
Stoic and PokerSteve like this

My name is Joel,live in SC. I've been a birdsfan since 1970. Have three daughters,youngest being 30 lol. Grandkids good friends and my Falcons are the better things any man could ask for. Been on and off these boards since they started a board. Don't post hardly anything but like alot of the positive comments on Facebook. Glad to be able to talk with other fans of the Birds. Awesome post by the way.

gazoo, Old Pappy falcon and Tandy like this

My name is Clarence. I am currently working for DHS, but I am looking to move on. I have a non-profit group I use to help people all kinds. I actually am the anti-activist, I'll explain that some other time. Also a minister. I have 8 children and a great wife who loves football and helps in my scouting. Got into that when it started becoming evident I would not play on any level higher than semi-pro.

Currently I am also in college for Psychology:Christian Counseling. Even though I am known as a pretty good guy, I still have a mean streak I am working on. Through the grace of God, I will get there. Was a Browns and Bama fan before I was a Falcons fan. Fell for the Falcons when I came to Augusta in '89. Dad retired at Ft. Gordon, my fam is from Ruleville, Mississippi which is home to me as well. I lived in Chicago a huge chunk of my young life...lol...this is all over the place, but I followed the Browns to Baltimore, which is how I am a Raven's fan.

I specialize in defense, even though I played FS, CB, and Slot Receiver, I do my best with DL and LB's...lol. Always wanted to play DL and LB but never had the size. I'm 5'10' 215lbs now. Still athletic in shape.

Mainly I love people. I go with a very strong Christ outlook, but like I said...I still need work. I love all of you, you're my Falcon family and even though I didn't want McDaniels I am sure I would have never quit. Psychic Gibbon and a few others pulled my snapback on that one.

Looking forward to the season guys.

EDIT: The logo on the left is the logo for Knights of God Community and Family Services....the non-profit. It was done by Gritz acouple of years back and is known known in the CSRA as the logo for KoGC&FS.

My name is Ryan , I was born in Savannah, my Dad moved the family to Vancouver when I was 8 due to a work opportunity. watched the falcons with the old man every Sunday.

I'm a dual citizen, joined the army when I was 17. I was deployed , came home under not so ideal circumstances. had a bad couple years. Sobered up , went to business school.

Have Seattle Seahawks and Mariners season tickets. cheer for the opposing team's almost always. Plus I give them away to work contacts ect.

Married have a 2 year old boy who has changed my life for the best and a wonderful wife who is fantastic.

I'll post some pics when I get on my laptop.

I cringe at the idea of turning it on when I'm not at work.

ukfalc, Tony Diesel, Romfal and 4 others like this

My name is Jack and I was one of the first season ticket holders in 1966 and I am 67 years old. I will always be a Falcons fan. I have retired twice and have started a new career. I just can't sit on the porch as it is not my style. Easy to learn something new every day. We should be excited about our new leadership as Dan Quinn is the real deal. "Fear the Falcons!"

My name is Steve. I was born under a bad sign and I’ve been down since I began to crawl. The day I was born, the nurses gathered round, and they gazed in wide wonder at the joy they’d found. I grew up fast, and I grew up wrong, I crashed and burned, but not for long. Joined the Navy, spent a couple of tours in Nam, didn’t get shot and didn’t get bombed. But I digress.

Since leaving the newspaper I’ve written a couple of books, sold and marketed some sports products, mental programming products, Asian lingerie distributorships, dabbled in real estate and played a couple million hands of on-line poker. Okay the Asian lingerie distributorship was just a red herring, but I'm keeping that in reserve.

Otherwise, I’m a stay-at-home curmudgeon who drinks Jack Black, launches interweb tirades about little or nothing, and I spend a lot of time playing the blues on one of three or four guitars that followed me home from the music store and which I was forced to adopt. I do music shows for small get-togethers, small weddings, small clubs, and of course, when I can book them, small orgies as well.

I’ve been a Falcon fan since it was announced Atlanta had been awarded an NFL franchise to Rankin Smith as franchise owner. The team was so bad and so poorly coached, it was like watching the Washington Generals against the Harlem Globetrotters every Sunday. But we were all just so happy to have an NFL team in our town, we just smiled through the pain and hoped for better days. As a journalist, I got to meet a few of the players at a couple of local charity events and they were great guys. Mike Kenn in particular was a player who would give his time for small charity events. Nice guy.

As the team approaches a half-century in the NFL, I can happily say it appears we have in place the best coaching staff, ownership and front office, all together at one time, that we’ve ever had. With the players we have as a nucleus, a generous amount of cap space and Pioli and the scouting department now taking the major responsibilities for player selection from TD, we’re going to be one of the top five teams in the league within a year or two. Rejoice, ye downtrodden, ye besieged, ye Dirty Bird faithful flock. Take a big drink, sing a happy song, because the Falcon Golden Age is about to dawn. Peace out.

I would enjoy hanging out watching a Falcons game with you Steve. That would be entertaining.

Nice story. I bought a digital piano two weeks ago. Zero background in any music, but i've always loved piano and have plenty of free time to try and teach myself. Any tips?

Go on youtube and search: "how to learn to play piano."

And big credit to ya_boi_j.

Best thread on this board in months.

Tons of quality people populate these boards. I'm honored to post with you guys.

gracious amigo. Same here