Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ya_boi_j

Meet The Poster

706 posts in this topic

My name is Luke, I am 23 years old. I grew up in Ohio and played linebacker at Boston College after that. I had to move to NC for my job, which really sucks because of all the Panther fan D-bags around haha. Huge Falcons fan and huge Matt Ryan fan. Where I work I am surrounded by nothing but a mix of lazy, spoiled divas and dangerous psychopaths. I work weekends, and I can't help but notice all the Falcon jerseys around, good for you guys. Think I have another year here before I can hopefully get down to Atlanta and out of this armpit of Charlotte.

Glad to hear your thoughts on Carolina, Mr. Kuechly. I've no doubt your talents could be put to better use in Atlanta but your current employer will likely offer you a pretty sweet extension.

Would make a great match for Waylon LOL you guys could be Falcon family for life ! ....me, just an old broke down Bird fan in need of rest ....lord help us, we need Quinn to be the real dea for usl, time is running out my friends ....sad.png

When you all breed them I will take one of the pups LOL .....

There will be no breeding for Waylon. I call him "Buggy Angel Nuts," because his testicles went to heaven.

556934_10101100685539221_506944261_n.jpg

There will be no breeding for Waylon. I call him "Buggy Angel Nuts," because his testicles went to heaven.

556934_10101100685539221_506944261_n.jpg

Tragic, you deprived the world of his progeny .....he is unique LOL .....

Glad to hear your thoughts on Carolina, Mr. Kuechly. I've no doubt your talents could be put to better use in Atlanta but your current employer will likely offer you a pretty sweet extension.

Haha! Was wondering if anybody would read it.

Hiya! I'm Jackson

I'm a 15 year old smartass who when fall arrives its all about watching the Falcons. I'm 6'1" and semi athletic. I play golf and football. I'm highly opinionated and I like me some MR2! I love my family on earth and in the heavens as much as I love Jesus which leads to me stating imma Christian. An Thats about it!

ya_boi_j, Tandy and silentbob1272 like this

Since we're posting pics and all here's NCFalconfan:

10174853_747942455295668_683222268595890

Yeah, I love NASCAR racing. It's mandatory in North Carolina.

My hobby cars:

IMG_20140408_194309_zpsa7601ba7.jpg

1985 Monte Carlo SS. These things beasted on the NASCAR circuit back in the 80's when I fell in love with them.

My 1972 Monte Carlo. Everyone else had Mustangs and Camaro's. I wanted something more manly so I went with Monte's. smile.png

MC3_zpsddf541b1.jpg

nice thread. I always like to here things about other posters.

My name is Matthew. I am 33 years old. Born and raised in Georgia. My hometown is Ellabell, GA. I graduated from Georgia Southern University with a Biology degree and played varsity baseball there. I went to medical school in Florida. I am currently an emergency medicine resident in Philadelphia. Can't wait to be done so I can get back south. I have been married a little over 5 years. My wife is from Georgia. No kids yet, but I do have a Boxer.

I love the Braves, Falcons, and Hawks equally. I am a big fan of Georgia Southern football. I try to go to every sporting event in Philadelphia when they play Atlanta teams.

I like spending time with my family, fishing, hunting, working out, playing video games, reading, and watching movies. I am a devout Christian. Demeanor-wise I am about as laidback as you can get.

I don't do much posting on the boards, but I stalk the board multiple times a day. I have been a member here for a few years.

OC, Tandy, ukfalc and 2 others like this

My name is Tim. I'm in my mid 50's. I'm a freelance illustrator. I'm a diehard liberal but I'm not obnoxious about it. I'm a Christian but a fallen man.

Nothing is more important to me than my family. My wife and I have been married 35 years next month. She's still the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. My grown daughter and her husband and 18 month old son Jasper just moved from Atlanta in November to Charleston.

My grandson Jasper has noticeably brightened up my life. My mother and father live in an assisted living home 3 miles from our home. My pop is in the final stage of Alzheimer's Disease. He hasn't known me for a couple of years now.

I have an older brother who lives in North Carolina and a younger sister in Colorado.

I love to run. I started running when I was 18 to quit smoking. I think a conservative estimate on how far I have run in all of these years would be anywhere from 20-23,000 miles.

The photos below show me with the people who own my heart. The first is my daughter and me then my wife and me on the beach in Charleston. The second is me reading a children's book I illustrated to my grandson Jasper.

AFMBphoto.jpg

Now I know why you're a fan of Dan Quinn....you guys use the same hair gel...lol

Nono, Romfal, PokerSteve and 1 other like this

My name is Tim. I'm in my mid 50's. I'm a freelance illustrator. I'm a diehard liberal but I'm not obnoxious about it. I'm a Christian but a fallen man.

Nothing is more important to me than my family. My wife and I have been married 35 years next month. She's still the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. My grown daughter and her husband and 18 month old son Jasper just moved from Atlanta in November to Charleston.

My grandson Jasper has noticeably brightened up my life. My mother and father live in an assisted living home 3 miles from our home. My pop is in the final stage of Alzheimer's Disease. He hasn't known me for a couple of years now.

I have an older brother who lives in North Carolina and a younger sister in Colorado.

I love to run. I started running when I was 18 to quit smoking. I think a conservative estimate on how far I have run in all of these years would be anywhere from 20-23,000 miles.

The photos below show me with the people who own my heart. The first is my daughter and me then my wife and me on the beach in Charleston. The second is me reading a children's book I illustrated to my grandson Jasper.

AFMBphoto.jpg

For some reason I expected you to look a whole lot more like Curly.

My same is Darren, named after Darren in Bewitched. I am a life long Falcons fan. My dad is from Georgia and I am a military brat. I work for the Air Force calibrating test equipment. My team is the Falcons, but I consider.myself a Texas so I pull for Houston unless we are playing them. I grew up overseas so I get soccer and enjoy it. I prefer five a side, as its a bit faster and there is more scoring. I also Think that team Handball is the most American sport not played by Americans. What a great sport!!!

I have been on these boards in all there iterations for about 11 or 12 years. My friend Inlikeflynn introduced me to the boards. I used to laugh at folks with 5000 posts as I was sure they never touched a woman. But I have like 7000 now. Wow has the time flown by.

ukfalc, ya_boi_j, Stoic and 1 other like this

Thanks ya_ boi_ i for creating this topic thread. It's always good to know more about the people behind the Poster monikers. I recall a few of these types of threads over the years, and have always enjoyed them.

I am a retired college teacher and have lived in Georgia all of my life, except for a brief 1-year excursion into Tenn. I've been a fan of the Falcons since the team's inception in 1966. I'm also a big fan of the Georgia Bulldogs, my alma mater.

My top two priorities in life are God and family. I've been married to the same woman for 43 years, and have 2 daughters and 2 granddaughters. My wife has several crowns awaiting her in heaven for putting up with me for so long already, and still counting. I've been richly blessed.

Aside from relationships, probably the most important thing for an individual is his/her health. By health, I mean spiritual, mental, and emotional, as well as, physical health. I do try to keep fit physically by working out at the gym 3 days a week (weights and cardio), but some weeks I can only make it twice. I still love to read.

My educational background is financial: economics, accounting, and income taxes. I also enjoy investments, mainly stocks and funds.

As a side note: Tandy I thought you were a red-head. I was red-headed in my younger days, but now I'm mostly white-headed. At least I still have all my hair (and my teeth).

ya_boi_j, No.11, Tandy and 3 others like this

Are you prepared to be over $100,000 in debt? I've got $94K in debt from law school, and it suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Yeah, I've made sure to pay close attention to the tuition rates of prospective schools and scholarship opportunities to mitigate the financial blow as much as possible. How were the job prospects when you graduated?

Yeah, I've made sure to pay close attention to the tuition rates of prospective schools and scholarship opportunities to mitigate the financial blow as much as possible. How were the job prospects when you graduated?

I'll jump in on this since I'm here.

I think mdrake and I came out when it was probably the worst in a while, 2011 and 2010, respectively, if I recall correctly. Things are getting slightly better, but I think that's a byproduct of low law school attendance over the last several years.

No.11 likes this

Someone normally starts one of these every offseason. I'm off bored and said to **** with it. Anyone that has been here knows how it goes. For the newbs, tell who you are(if you want), where you're from and why you're a Falcon fan or of any other team. Can include other sports as well. I know alot won't post a pic so that's cool. Just keep it respectful. Also tell a little about yourself if you want.

My name is Henry but everyone I know calls me Jr. I live in Lagrange. Became a fan of sports period in 96. Didn't have my dad in my life so sports didn't mean anything to me.

Nfl teams I like are the broncos and Falcons. Falcons>>> when they play each other. Favorite players are Russell Wilson and Adrian Peterson. NBA team has always been the heat but my favorite player is Lebron. Mlb team is the Yankees. Ncaab team is Duke. Ncaaf is Miami.

I'm a family man. Firm believer in family first, **** everything else no matter what it is. I scour and coat airbags for a living for the Milliken company. I'm a simple kinda guy. Don't party, drink or smoke. Just like to have fun with my loved ones. Anything else ya wanna know about me just ask smile.png

dHn89eC.jpg

Great pic of the fam bro. Nice thread too.

I think I remember sitting near you and the fam at the 2012 ARI@ATL game. Believe me and Falconidae were a few seats away arguing the whole time while watching Ryan toss up five picks. Smittyball won by four though. We went on to the NFCCG that year. First NFCCG I ever got to attend. Started great but ended up way more than ten yards away from a Bowl cause we've been in a toilet bowl ever since.

Anyway most of yall know me. Born in Atlanta, bred in Atlanta, will probably die in Atlanta. Been following every Georgia team since the sixties. Love em all equally. Yep even UGA and GT. Go Hawks!!!

Need rest. Still think we may be years away but always hope we can catch fire and take one of these watered down Goody Bowls.

I'll jump in on this since I'm here.

I think mdrake and I came out when it was probably the worst in a while, 2011 and 2010, respectively, if I recall correctly. Things are getting slightly better, but I think that's a byproduct of low law school attendance over the last several years.

That sounds promising. Did you go full time or part time?

That sounds promising. Did you go full time or part time?

Full time. Greatest 3 years of my life, too. Made some great friends, even if it was equally the hardest thing I'd ever done, up to that point. But, like mdrake said, that debt = sad.png.

Full time. Greatest 3 years of my life, too. Made some great friends, even if it was equally the hardest thing I'd ever done, up to that point. But, like mdrake said, that debt = sad.png.

Awesome, well besides the debt at least.

This is awesome! Here's a little info about yours truly....

My name is Eddie, I'm 42 yrs young, I am a maintenance engineer here in Columbus, GA... I'm married to the most wonderful woman for 15 yrs now, proud father of three amazing children. We are all die hard Falcons fans!

One of my passions, besides falcons football, is fishing, been hooked on it since childhood... You never would have to ask me twice to gas up the boat and go out on the lake.

I've been a Falcons fan most of my life since about 3 yrs old when I attended my first game, around '75/'76. I'm just crazy chin deep a Falcons fan.

I was always playing some type of sport growing up, Football, Baseball, Basketball, Soccer... even a little wrestling and boxing. In high school I played linebacker and runningback but mostly LB. I loved the playing on the defensive side of the ball. I ended up blowing out my knee my senior year which was a shame because I missed out on a couple of scholarships. Took me a while to get over that one... But I still ended up going to college here in Columbus and earned my degree in mechanical engineering and drafting.

I don't smoke, I do drink from time to time, I love having get togethers with family and friends, and enjoy life in general....

That's about it in a nutshell... I've enjoyed reading alot of you guys brief bio's...one thing I've noticed is, alot of you are living in areas far far away from GA, and its good to see that Falcons fans are all over the world! That is awesome...

Tandy, Nono, silentbob1272 and 1 other like this

I'm a bug gamer as well. Suck at fps but I'm decent every where else. Just play for fun. Don't have as much time to invest as alot of the regular online gamers in the world. They take it too serious

Console? PC?

Heck, why not. My name is John. Started following the Falcons in '72 at the ripe age of 9 years old because my dad watched a lot of football and I like the helmets. Been die hard ever since.

Born and raised in Central CA but moved around a bit and now live in Bend, Oregon. I've been married for many years to the same woman and we have 5 children. I'm a family man first like the OP.

I love my career as an Executive and Technical Recruiter and wouldn't trade my life for anyone's. Nice to finally meet some of you. I don't post very much as you can see but love following the board

and have for many, many years.

Shuswap likes this

I am Carter Schwab. I was born in Atlanta and lived in Marietta the first 8 years of my life. My parents met in Marietta and still have a rental house there. My dad then got a job in SC and we moved to Columbia SC and I have been here ever since. Well when I was 18 I joined the military and lived in San Deigo for 4 years. My whole family has always been falcons, hawks, and braves fans. I go to 1 or 2 games a year and hope to continue.

I don't post often I really just like to read. I have 2 boys and a daughter all falcons fans and braves fans. I work in IT and hope to maybe come back to the Atlanta area one day to live but do visit often. I am an avid Striper Fisherman and do fish lake lanier often. Go Falcons!!

Stoic, Tandy and ukfalc like this