Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ya_boi_j

Meet The Poster

706 posts in this topic

10945714_10204828091115653_2000838199241

nice looking family. Tandy you're a little too hot to be a great grandmother, so I'm gonna assume that was a misprint and you meant that you are great at being a grandmother

Tandy likes this

My name is Michael and I live in Central Georgia on Lake Sinclair. I'm 52 years old. I lived in the suburbs of Atlanta (Doraville) for many years. I met my wife in Atlanta and got married in Atlanta and the first of my two children, my son, was born in Atlanta. I also have a daughter. I was born in Albany Georgia and have been a fan of the Falcons since I was six years old. That's when my uncles and cousins sat me down in front of the TV to watch my first game and began teaching me all the ins and outs of football. Never have been a fan of any other team but the Falcons. Same with the Braves and Hawks although I don't care much for baseball anymore. Never been near the college football fan that I am as far as the pros are concerned but my allegieances in that area would lie with UGA and the dawgs. Almost forgot to add that I'm also a NASCAR fan and was a huge fan of Dale Earhhardt. I now follow Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Chase Elliot.

ya_boi_j and Tandy like this

nice looking family. Tandy you're a little too hot to be a great grandmother, so I'm gonna assume that was a misprint and you meant that you are great at being a grandmother

Well, I'm loving you for that wub.png , but it's true - those are my great grandbabies. I've lived long enough and gone through enough to make me proud of that fact, too!

Alrighty. My name is Edwin. I'm turning 31 in March. I was raised in Columbia, MD and moved to Philly for college where I received my Bachelors in Voice Performance and Masters in Jazz Studies. During this time developed a good friendship with Brent Grimes' mom and we watched football together for 5 years until she moved to Miami. I'm currently in North Jersey teaching music and getting married in July.

20141011_002350_2.jpg

cnasty, ya_boi_j, Stoic and 5 others like this

Hello everyone, My name is Anthony. I was born in North Carolina and moved to Valdosta Georgia when I was 5. Now I'm 28 and on a 3 year vacation in Hawaii.

I started out as a fan of sports in 1992 when my dad to me to a Braves game in Fulton County stadium. Wasn't a fan of football until the NFC championship in 1999. The overtime thriller between the Vikings and Falcons made me a fan of the Falcons. And, if there is such a thing as a second favorite team it would be the Vikings because of that game. The majority here should remember that game.

I have been a Falcon fan since. Through Quitrino, the media loving Vick then hating him, even Joey Harrington. My college football team resides between the hedges. I'm not a huge basketball fan, but I follow the Hawks.

Ironhead1956, Tandy and ya_boi_j like this

Umm ... isn't this what Facebook is for?

As I see it, people know too much about me already, and I'm not going to knowningly volunteer any more. The truth is, no one has quite achieved the capacity to call up personal info in such detail as you'll see on the TV show "Criminal Minds" and others - but it's getting there.

As I see it, people know too much about me already, and I'm not going to knowningly volunteer any more. The truth is, no one has quite achieved the capacity to call up personal info in such detail as you'll see on the TV show "Criminal Minds" and others - but it's getting there.

Nobody cares

cool story

Long time poster on the boards, but I don't make it over here to TATF too often. My name's Jason and I was born and raised in Rome, Ga and still live here. I've been married for almost 10 years and we have a son that we were fortunate enough to apdopt and an English Bulldog that we named Ellie Mae McPigglesworth. I've sunk a small fortune into photography, but it's a hobby that I truely love and enjoy. Been a Falcon's fan since I first got into football just because they were the "local team." My cousin got me hooked on FSU during Bobby Bowden's great run as the coach. Warrick Dunn was my favorite player and is still one of my favorite atheletes. Here are a couple of pics of the family.

Me, the youngin', and the wife.

10620813_671888512908156_465294289156996

And the dog....

14095489076_c0e5a6713b_o.jpg

Always like these threads

Anyways, my name is Zach. I'm single and loving it. I've lived in Brandon, MS my entire life. I am 28 years old. Went to Miss State studying criminal justice. 1 class short of graduating and have done the typical "i'll finish later". I'm a police officer and been doing that for the past 5 years. I've been working nights for those 5 years so going back to school has been put on the back burner. On my off nights i stay on a night time schedule so i don't usually go to sleep before 5-6am so i have LOADS of time i can put into watching our games again and working on NFL draft prospects. I love my job, but if there ever was an opportunity to get into scouting or something of the sort i'd jump on it in a heartbeat.

Atlanta became my team when they drafted Vick. I could not stop watching the guy in college. I thought and still think he is the most captivating player to ever lace up some cleats. I remember downloading highlight videos of his from Kazaa and Bearshare and watching them 24/7. Still watch them every now and then, but i'm more happy to have Ryan. I 100% believe he is capable of bringing the Lombardi to Atlanta

Tandy, rn1979 and ya_boi_j like this

Anyways, my name is Zach. I'm single and loving it. I've lived in Brandon, MS my entire life. I am 28 years old. Went to Miss State studying criminal justice. 1 class short of graduating and have done the typical "i'll finish later". I'm a police officer and been doing that for the past 5 years. I've been working nights for those 5 years so going back to school has been put on the back burner. On my off nights i stay on a night time schedule so i don't usually go to sleep before 5-6am so i have LOADS of time i can put into watching our games again and working on NFL draft prospects. I love my job, but if there ever was an opportunity to get into scouting or something of the sort i'd jump on it in a heartbeat.

Atlanta became my team when they drafted Vick. I could not stop watching the guy in college. I thought and still think he is the most captivating player to ever lace up some cleats. I remember downloading highlight videos of his from Kazaa and Bearshare and watching them 24/7. Still watch them every now and then, but i'm more happy to have Ryan. I 100% believe he is capable of bringing the Lombardi to Atlanta

you're a cop. Remind me to never argue with you again

Much respect to you for what you do. Thank you. You guys don't hear that near often enough these days.

My name is Jon, I'm from Aberdeen, MD. When I was a little boy like 5 years old I remember being a fan of the Falcons , purely because their helmet was red and that was my favorite color. Never really followed football too closely.However that all changed when we drafted Vick. Loved watching him in college and followed him to this team. Even after all the debacles I stayed true to this team.

I am 32 years old and started college up last year. I am currently pursuing a degree in Computer and Information Science. I am also looking forward to getting back into MMA, BJJ, and Muay Thai. Been on a five year hiatus, and need to get back into it. Would attach pics but don't know how to do it from my phone. Lol

slamee101, ya_boi_j and Tandy like this

Much respect to you for what you do. Thank you. You guys don't hear that near often enough these days.

I appreciate that.

in my case, challenging a cop might put a tag on my toe. from now on you're always right sir!

I lol'd.

We toe taggin folks on AFMB

I was born in raised in Wilmington NC. Studied Philosophy at UNC, and am currently in my second year of law school at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, NC.

In other words, I'm entirely from NC. I love North Carolina, but when it comes to football, I'm pulling for the Falcons every day.

I'm probably going to catch crap for this, but I actually didn't start watching the NFL until 2012. One day we were casually watching the Texans play the Lions on Thanksgiving day and I got so into it I decided to keep watching it. At some point I just started rooting for the Falcons, but I don't know the details of how it came about. I liked how they seemed really fast and explosive, even though they didn't seem to have quite the power some other teams did. My dad was actually born in Atlanta, but never really kept up with football. Nevertheless, he told me about how Atlanta teams don't get any respect from the sports media. And it's true. Even in 2012 nobody gave a **** about the Falcons until they finally made the NFC Championship, despite the best record in the league that year. And the fact that they were underdogs drew me to them even more. I love underdogs.

Lastly, I fell in love with Matty Ice. I don't care what anyone says, that man is elite. There's no other qb I enjoy watching more than that man.

Also their jerseys are the best. Bright red, black, and white. Very prominent and powerful colors.

Since I joined in 2012 you would be justified in calling me a bandwagoner. BUT, keep in mind also that I've sat and endured 2013 and 2014 with passionate devotion to this team. No matter how painful a loss was, it didn't deter me from wanting to watch them again the next week and always thinking they were going to win the next one. Even if I joined because of the hype of an awesome underdog team in 2012, I stayed through these miserable years because I feel a genuine affinity to this team.

My dad and I went to our first game in week 17 this year. Atlanta was a nice place, and the Georgia Dome was amazing. Unfortunately, we lost so bad we didn't even get to watch Matt Ryan score a TD (largely thanks to DiMarco). But we intend to attend more games in the future. And I'm sure things will improve with Quinn under the helm. Also, even though I only watched them these past 3 years, I still gained a lot of respect for Mike Smith.

Once I graduate, I'm going to consider as a possibility relocating to Atlanta, probably as a public defender. I'm sure they have an office as every large city will. It's not a huge desire, but I've never lived in a big city before and I've recently had a strong urge to live in one to know that experience like so many of my friends have. Oh well, back to studying...

My name is Jerry, which is where the 'Jay' came from, and I live in central Ohio. I've been a Falcons fan since ~1973 or so. My Pops dragged me over to his friend's house every Sunday afternoon and I had to either sit there bored while they got drunk or play with the guy's son, Marcus who was a scrub. Hated those Sunday afternoons. One Sunday, the Birds were playing the Browns (everybody else's favorite team) and I was so mad that I rooted for Atlanta. Well, kind of in secret. When the Falcons won and they were all bent out of shape, I had my new favorite team.

Once in the mid-80s, when I was still a Buckeye fan, my Dad saw me wearing a Michigan sweater and got mad. He called me a fairweather fan and asked how I could wear Michigan gear. "Fairweather fan?!" I replied. "Dad, I've been a fan of the Falcons for 15 years. Do you think that makes me a fairweather fan?" Even drunk, he had to admit that I had a point.

I'm on the boards a lot lately because I semi-retired in May and I'm taking my time looking for the next thing to do. I also follow the Dolphins, but tend to root for Atlanta when we play unless one team they're out of playoff consideration. To be honest, I hate it when they play though. I'm absolutely amazed by how crazy the board tends to get between the 'haters' and 'homers' sometimes. I'm more of a homer but not to the point that I can't see a tall, steamy pile of **** and know that the smell in the room is coming from that area. In those cases, I keep my comments on the problem, never on the people who may be responsible.

I can't say that I have a favorite player because I've had too many of them. Claude Humphrey, Mike Kenn, William Andrews, Alfred Jenkins, Warrick Dunn, YKW (before the fall), Rod Coleman, Patrick Kerney, Chuck Smith, Jam. Many more, including Roddy, Julio, Matt, and Gonzo since then. I've been with the team too long to fall away after a couple of bad season, so I'm not going anywhere. Even these last two seasons, I've been watching and hoping against hope that my heart would not break every Sunday. Especially this season, there were enough collapses at the end to run anybody off who wasn't emotionally tied into something, so I'm either stoopid or a Bird for Life. Hmmm... If I create an alt, B4L doesn't sound so bad, does it?

gazoo, CTann, ya_boi_j and 2 others like this

And the dog....

14095489076_c0e5a6713b_o.jpg

Hey girl . . .

10169394_10102098729017091_6397280645206

Would make a great match for Waylon LOL you guys could be Falcon family for life ! ....me, just an old broke down Bird fan in need of rest ....lord help us, we need Quinn to be the real dea for usl, time is running out my friends ....sad.png

Stoic likes this