Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ya_boi_j

Meet The Poster

706 posts in this topic

Nice! It's good to connect a face with a name. Guess I'll go.

My name is Will. Im 27. Was born in Augusta, GA ( yes, James Brown town) and moved to live in Maryland @ the age of 4. Two sport athlete in high school and college I attended Bowie State and University of Maryland. Graduated with honors and am about to finish my Master's in Informatics.

As far as football, I played Tight End and RT. Loved nothing more than flattening defenders.

I'm a sometimes controversial but most easy going guy. Love my Falcons. Love logic that makes sense. Hate crazy illogical thinkers.

Following the fellow DMVer.

What's going on guys?

My name is Seth and I'm 24 years old. I was born in Belgium (although my parents are originally from Cameroon) and my family moved to Atlanta roughly 15 years ago. We stayed in East Point for a year before moving to Roswell and then Alpharetta (well John's Creek now although I can't stand that name), where I stayed for eight years.

I moved to Maryland about six years ago and started working full time and going to school, and I'm now in my last semester at Bowie State University finishing up my degree in Psychology. After I graduate I plan to go to law school (taking LSAT this month).

I'm a Falcons fan because it's the first NFL team I knew. I wasn't much of a football fan at first (mostly because I didn't really understand the nuances of the game) and I mostly paid attention to soccer and basketball. I also support the Ravens and Redskins (when they're not playing the Falcons).

I am a Christian (non-denominational), I like to draw/graphic design, play guitar/drums, and admittedly a bit of a geek (built a budget rig and I watch anime/read manga, albeit not as much as I used to).

CTann, trudweathers, Tandy and 2 others like this

My name is Tim. I'm in my mid 50's. I'm a freelance illustrator. I'm a diehard liberal but I'm not obnoxious about it. I'm a Christian but a fallen man.

Nothing is more important to me than my family. My wife and I have been married 35 years next month. She's still the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. My grown daughter and her husband and 18 month old son Jasper just moved from Atlanta in November to Charlotte.

My grandson Jasper has noticeably brightened up my life. My mother and father live in an assisted living home 3 miles from our home. My pop is in the final stage of Alzheimer's Disease. He hasn't known me for a couple of years now.

I have an older brother who lives in North Carolina and a younger sister in Colorado.

I love to run. I started running when I was 18 to quit smoking. I think a conservative estimate on how far I have run in all of these years would be anywhere from 20-23,000 miles.

The photos below show me with the people who own my heart. The first is my daughter and me then my wife and me on the beach in Charleston. The second is me reading a children's book I illustrated to my grandson Jasper.

AFMBphoto.jpg

Cool to see the face behind the awesome poster/artist. Cute family bud. Sorry to hear about your dad - but glad things are looking up all in all!

My name is Ed. I'm spend my afternoons watching wheel of fortune and my absolute hero, Pat Sajak. Most evenings I relax by the fire and play some soothing melodies on the triangle. It's very therapeutic, I do say

paulitik and rounz like this

My name is Troy. I am 41 years old. I was born in Columbus GA. My dad turned me into a falcons, hawks, braves, and flames fan. I lived in south florida for 22 years until moving to Atlanta in june of 2014.No more direct tv!! lol

Ironhead1956 and ya_boi_j like this

My name is Tandy - same as my screen name. I live in South Georgia and I've been a Falcon fan since '66. I was actually a Braves fan even before then, my dad is from Wisconsin and was a huge Braves fan even before they moved here in '66. I am a casual to interested Hawks fan - follow them, keep up with the players a little - but not really rabid - but I always cheer for them - regardless. I was even a Flames fan before they moved to Calgary.

But, the Falcons are my real passion. Other than my family, which is and will always come first with me, the Falcons are that close second. I follow them rabidly, win or lose, year after year without faltering. I go to every possible game, home or away, and I try to spread that enthusiasm for the team to my family as well (poor babies).

I have 3 children living, 2 daughters and a son. Between them, I have 10 grandchildren and 4 great-grandchildren. We raised 8 of our grandchildren for reasons I won't go into here, and they are all extremely close to us. I was in the delivery room for each of my grandchildren's births - and as each of my great-grandchildren joined us as well.

My husband is the love of my life, and my family is everything to me. We are as close as any family can be - and they are my light.

I am an IT director for a South Florida company - and will celebrate my 20th year there in June. I work 2 weeks from home here in South Georgia - and then a week in Ft Lauderdale. I've been doing that since 2004 when we moved back to Georgia from South Florida.

Here is a recent picture of my husband and I with our great grandchildren - all 4 of them, Elias is 4, Meme is 3, Boomba (AvaLynn) is 1 and Leah is 2 months. Below that is a picture of us with 8 of our grandchildren - the ones we raised.

11043530_10205095045248653_7057116909624

10845860_10205095163251603_1794187674037

Name's Keaton. 22 years old. Born and raised in Barrie, Ontario, Canada. Football free safety and Rugby flanker/winger throughout highschool. Attended the University of Western Ontario where I got my Bachelor of Arts, majoring in Psychology. Quickly got a job selling insurance/investments, but recently quit and got a job with the Edmonton Eskimos of the CFL. No wife/kids and I intend to keep it that way for a little while for I haven't really recovered financially from being a student yet. Huge Blue Jay and Toronto Maple Leaf fan despite them being god awful. Became a Falcons fan many years ago because I was tired of everyone jumping on the Patriot/Brady bandwagon as a kid and enjoyed watching Vick and Dunn do damage. It also helped that playing with Vick on Madden back then was completely unfair. Here I still am.

Good to connect with everyone a bit.

I'm Al, and I live on Long Island (NY). I'm a big gamer, which actually led to my becoming a Falcons fan -- I think it was Madden 06 or something, and Vick was dominant (I never played online, just between me and my bro). Now, I still wasn't really into football other than playing Madden until the next season started...without that guy. But, for whatever reason, I stuck with the team -- and here I am, twenty years old and constantly ridiculed up here dry.png but I love this team win or lose and love discussing them.

In terms of other things -- as I mentioned, bit of a gamer (less so these days, but still got a few titles I look forward to every year), I'm an Islanders fan (finally, a good team!), and write fiction for fun/pro aspiration.

Good to connect with everyone a bit.

I'm Al, and I live on Long Island (NY). I'm a big gamer, which actually led to my becoming a Falcons fan -- I think it was Madden 06 or something, and Vick was dominant (I never played online, just between me and my bro). Now, I still wasn't really into football other than playing Madden until the next season started...without that guy. But, for whatever reason, I stuck with the team -- and here I am, twenty years old and constantly ridiculed up here dry.png but I love this team win or lose and love discussing them.

In terms of other things -- as I mentioned, bit of a gamer (less so these days, but still got a few titles I look forward to every year), I'm an Islanders fan (finally, a good team!), and write fiction for fun/pro aspiration.

Twas '06. Good times.

My name is Bill. Grew up in upstate NY, college at Boston College. I'm married with two kids; a daughter who is 15 and starting to date (groan) and a son who is 12.

I'm an IT manager here in Atlanta so I'm in all that hellacious traffic every morning and afternoon.

Started following sports teams in middle school, and to not be a front runner I deceded to follow all last place teams so I became a Buffalo Bills fan, Brewers fan, and Golden State Warriors fan. Only the Warriors fandom has survived since then. Bills broke my heart too many times during their Super Bowl losses, so I didn't follow any football teams until I moved to Atlanta in '98. Been a Falcons fan since then.

I'm lurking on here every day trying to learn from all of you. I really like the crew over in the Draft and Free Agency forum. Great information.

Ray

born in Memphis, Tn, moved to south Georgia when I was 8, now 44

went to Valdosta State, moved to Atlanta after getting a record deal in 1993 (never released anything in the states)

worked in IT for 9 years at Compaq/HP, also worked in promotion for Sony Entertainment for 3.

produced several demos for rappers and singers, 3 of which got signed to major deals. still a songwriter producer in my spare time which I may pursue professionally since a lot of local kids want to use my services. also worked with quite a few athletes in the Atlanta area who have music dreams. once recorded a Falcons player and showed him a post about him on the boards and he said the post was complete BS.

became a Falcons fan in 1980 mostly because of my dad. my pops actually passed away during a Falcons game in 2008. the play where Matt Ryan dove head first in the end zone against the Vikings and Justin Blalock recovered the fumble, I ran outside to tell Pops we scored and found him in the outhouse where he was taking his plants in from out the cold.

moved back to Memphis and it's difficult to watch Falcons games live but I have my game pass. father of one daughter 20 (on the books lol) who is aspiring to work for ESPN. I spend most of my time rooting around on here anyway so it's almost like I know yall anyway.

My name is Nacho, and im 22 years old. Born in Madrid, Spain where i still live. Currently studying a degree in business, hopefully i´ll graduate later this year. Became a Falcons fan when i started watching NFL, during the 2007 season. Reason behind it? Didnt know a lot about the sport or teams so mostly because they are from the same city of the NBA team i´ve been following for a decade (Hawks) also liked the colours & logo, they werent an historical successful franchise (actually bad at the moment, just after the Vick scandal) cause i never wanted to be a fan of the "popular" team (in spain a lot (of the few people who watch it here) are pats fans just cause they win). Im also a huge soccer fan in case you ask, most popular sport in my country (Real Madrid !) but the Falcons nowadays top my priorities as sports team. I still need to improve on it a lot, but thanks to following the NFL and the falcons on a daily basis, reading and posting on the boards for years i´ve been able to get better on my english.

One of my lifetime dreams became true when i was able to go to London to watch my 1st ever NFL game live, and obviusly had to be a Falcons one. Even though we lost, the experience was incredible. I was also lucky enough to take pics & meet some falcons players during the trip (Blalock, Asamoah, Quizz, Tru, Hageman, WillyMo...) so it was easily 1 of the best weekends in my life. Still looking forward to watch a game someday in the new Atlanta stadium (impossible is nothing !)

And this is me with Willy Mo smile.png

FiBsK03E.jpeg

31 years old here.I have an 8 yr old son and a 3 yr old daughter with my high school sweetheart and we're going on 14 years together 9 of those being married.I grew up in a very tight knit family and I'm trying to replicate that with my kids and so far its working.I work for a relatively small telecommunications company(14,000 customers)in Coweta and Fayette County as a utility locator/damage investigator which I really enjoy doing because I wasn't built to work in a building whatsoever.

I've been a diehard Falcons fan since 1998 and around here in one form or the other since around 01.I'm an extremely laid back person and generally just enjoy being a smarta** which is something I've definitely passed onto my children.Any free time I get is usually spent with the kids fishing because they love it just as much as I do.In fact one of my little girls requests for Christmas was a pink fishing pole and you better believe she got it.Other than that I'm pretty boring so...

gazoo, PokerSteve, Tandy and 3 others like this

I'm a bug gamer as well. Suck at fps but I'm decent every where else. Just play for fun. Don't have as much time to invest as alot of the regular online gamers in the world. They take it too serious

No.11 likes this

Good to see you added a pic of Matt Bryant at the end

He wishes.

Are you prepared to be over $100,000 in debt? I've got $94K in debt from law school, and it suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

This is mostly, my answer. You just better be 100% sure that you want to practice law and do nothing else.

My name is Hamp, I'm 29 and I'll be 30 on the 18th. I've been an all Georgia fan all my life. I got the nickname Heezy from my cousins and classmates in middle school because my "real name" wasn't "cool" enough lol. Everyone in my family is a Hawks, Braves, and Falcons fan except for my Mom, she's the family member that doesn't really watch sports but will always say stuff like "yeah they're probably going to lose anyway", which is highly annoying. I'll be a fireman in the next month or so, just waiting on the city to announce the class date. I'm thoroughly enjoying the Hawks in the meantime. I also started experimenting with sports photo editing in Photoshop not long ago so I'm still pretty novice, but you can view some of my edits on my IG page @heezydagreat

Picture of Da Great:

image_zpsoicfw83v.jpg

I'm a bug gamer as well. Suck at fps but I'm decent every where else. Just play for fun. Don't have as much time to invest as alot of the regular online gamers in the world. They take it too serious

what kind of bugs do you play with?

cnasty and Ironhead1956 like this