Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ya_boi_j

Meet The Poster

706 posts in this topic

Alright. Thanks for that. You have a beautiful family.

I'm a new member but not new to the boards at all. Been here since '09 I suppose. My name is Clay. Born in Florida but lived in Georgia most my life. Been a part of a falcon family since I started playing football around the age of 9 (only 19 now) but I haven't missed a game in those ten years. And yes, that means I was patrolling these boards when I was 13. Mostly just because my dad was a huge poster.

Also a huge Atlanta Hawks fan and watch Bulldog games whenever I can but not as avidly as the other two. Unlike you, "yaboi," I don't really root for any other team (unless they're playing the NFC south)

I also am currently attending Florida Atlantic University. Home of the Owls down here in Boca Raton, Florida. Unfortunately I have to put up with Dolphin and Heat fans but the weather is always a plus. Look forward to heated debates on whether or not we should trade all of our star players. Thanks again OP. Good idea. Good post

Alright. Thanks for that. You have a beautiful family.

I'm a new member but not new to the boards at all. Been here since '09 I suppose. My name is Clay. Born in Florida but lived in Georgia most my life. Been a part of a falcon family since I started playing football around the age of 9 (only 19 now) but I haven't missed a game in those ten years. And yes, that means I was patrolling these boards when I was 13. Mostly just because my dad was a huge poster.

Also a huge Atlanta Hawks fan and watch Bulldog games whenever I can but not as avidly as the other two. Unlike you, "yaboi," I don't really root for any other team (unless they're playing the NFC south)

I also am currently attending Florida Atlantic University. Home of the Owls down here in Boca Raton, Florida. Unfortunately I have to put up with Dolphin and Heat fans but the weather is always a plus. Look forward to heated debates on whether or not we should trade all of our star players. Thanks again OP. Good idea. Good post

Welcome to posting on the board lol. Forgot to add I was born in Union, SC. Wish you the best of luck in school bro-ham
Ironhead1956 likes this

Good looking family you got Jr. Myself, I grew up in ATL playing sports (no Dad around either). I have been a Falcons, Braves & Hawks fan for as long as I can remember. As a kid growing up I remember going to Atlanta Fulton Co. stadium watching Bartkowski, William Andrews, Fralic, etc. & hating the 'aints even back then. Sports, especially football gave me a way to channel my "energy" growing up & probably kept me out of jail as a teen.

Now I am in my 40's with a wife & two young boys. Family first. I work in IT. We are a family of Falcons fans, poor kids never had a choice ;-). My wife & I are both UGA alums but I am not one that insists on the Falcons filling their roster w/ UGA players. I am partial to the SEC as far as the Falcons' drafts go. Sans trolls we are all Falcons fans here & I don't think my opinion is any more important than yours.

Good looking family you got Jr. Myself, I grew up in ATL playing sports (no Dad around either). I have been a Falcons, Braves & Hawks fan for as long as I can remember. As a kid growing up I remember going to Atlanta Fulton Co. stadium watching Bartkowski, William Andrews, Fralic, etc. & hating the 'aints even back then. Sports, especially football gave me a way to channel my "energy" growing up & probably kept me out of jail as a teen.

Now I am in my 40's with a wife & two young boys. I work in IT. We are a family of Falcons fans, poor kids never had a choice ;-). My wife & I are both UGA alums but I am not one that insists on the Falcons filling their roster w/ UGA players. I am partial to the SEC as far as the Falcons' drafts go.

my wife and daughter had no choice either lol.

I'm a family man. Firm believer in family first, **** everything else no matter what it is. I scour and coat airbags for a living for the Milliken company. I'm a simple kinda guy. Don't party, drink or smoke. Just like to have fun with my loved ones. Anything else ya wanna know about me just ask smile.png

Some would label you as a Stand Up guy.

As for me I will say, you have described a very good man who is doing a superb job with life.

Keep it up.

Someone normally starts one of these every offseason. I'm off bored and said to **** with it. Anyone that has been here knows how it goes. For the newbs, tell who you are(if you want), where you're from and why you're a Falcon fan or of any other team. Can include other sports as well. I know alot won't post a pic so that's cool. Just keep it respectful. Also tell a little about yourself if you want.

My name is Henry but everyone I know calls me Jr. I live in Lagrange. Became a fan of sports period in 96. Didn't have my dad in my life so sports didn't mean anything to me.

Nfl teams I like are the broncos and Falcons. Falcons>>> when they play each other. Favorite players are Russell Wilson and Adrian Peterson. NBA team has always been the heat but my favorite player is Lebron. Mlb team is the Yankees. Ncaab team is Duke. Ncaaf is Miami.

I'm a family man. Firm believer in family first, **** everything else no matter what it is. I scour and coat airbags for a living for the Milliken company. I'm a simple kinda guy. Don't party, drink or smoke. Just like to have fun with my loved ones. Anything else ya wanna know about me just ask :)

dHn89eC.jpg

Nice! It's good to connect a face with a name. Guess I'll go.

My name is Will. Im 27. Was born in Augusta, GA ( yes, James Brown town) and moved to live in Maryland @ the age of 4. Two sport athlete in high school and college I attended Bowie State and University of Maryland. Graduated with honors and am about to finish my Master's in Informatics.

As far as football, I played Tight End and RT. Loved nothing more than flattening defenders.

I'm a sometimes controversial but most easy going guy. Love my Falcons. Love logic that makes sense. Hate crazy illogical thinkers.

Some would label you as a Stand Up guy.

As for me I will say, you have described a very good man who is doing a superb job with life.

Keep it up.

Thanks man
Karst41 likes this

Been a member here since the 2011 playoff game, but never posted much. Heck I still don't post much, as there are so many here that post my thoughts I don't see the need to be redundant. But any way, My actual name is Vandamir and I go by Van for short. Born in Griffin, Ga and lived there a majority of my life. Moved to San Antonio in 07, but being a GA boy at heart I moved back. Lived in Dunwoody for 4 years, and just bought a house in Lawrenceville last year, so now that's where I reside.

I am pro all Atlanta sport teams. I don't follow or have any favorites that's not Atlanta (no hate to anyone that does). Been into DJing since I was a young lad, and I still do it for fun/hobby mostly. Got married last year as well, finally a pimp off the market. No kids, only a dog. Work in IT doing hardware, and networking for Quikrete (who's ironically is a Falcons sponsor). Like ya boi j, I'm not a big party guy. I do have a drink here and there, but no smoking (cigs or the bud)

I'm just a simple guy that loves life, and my family.

Nice! It's good to connect a face with a name. Guess I'll go.

My name is Will. Im 27. Was born in Augusta, GA ( yes, James Brown town) and moved to live in Maryland @ the age of 4. Two sport athlete in high school and college I attended Bowie State and University of Maryland. Graduated with honors and am about to finish my Master's in Informatics.

As far as football, I played Tight End and RT. Loved nothing more than flattening defenders.

I'm a sometimes controversial but most easy going guy. Love my Falcons. Love logic that makes sense. Hate crazy illogical thinkers.

Congrats bro-ham. I can be a bit of a jack off myself but it's all for ***** and giggles.i love to make people smile
papachaz and Karst41 like this

Been a member here since the 2011 playoff game, but never posted much. Heck I still don't post much, as there are so many here that post my thoughts I don't see the need to be redundant. But any way, My actual name is Vandamir and I go by Van for short. Born in Griffin, Ga and lived there a majority of my life. Moved to San Antonio in 07, but being a GA boy at heart I moved back. Lived in Dunwoody for 4 years, and just bought a house in Lawrenceville last year, so now that's where I reside.

I am pro all Atlanta sport teams. I don't follow or have any favorites that's not Atlanta (no hate to anyone that does). Been into DJing since I was a young lad, and I still do it for fun/hobby mostly. Got married last year as well, finally a pimp off the market. No kids, only a dog. Work in IT doing hardware, and networking for Quikrete (who's ironically is a Falcons sponsor). Like ya boi j, I'm not a big party guy. I do have a drink here and there, but no smoking (cigs or the bud)

I'm just a simple guy that loves life, and my family.

Just wait until you have kids. You're really gonna see how fun life can be lol

Alright here goes. I was born and raised in Charlotte, NC. My dad was raised in Stone Mountain and I spent a lot of summers in my youth in Atlanta at my grandparents house. That along with Atlanta being the closest city to Charlotte with pro ball teams, I grew up rooting for the Falcons, Braves and Hawks. I'd say I've been a Falcons fan since around 1978 since that's when I've seen pictures of myself at age 5 wearing Falcons gear.

I've been a member of this or previous versions of this board since around 1997ish.

I'm also a big fan and alumnus of NC State (God help me). Working on my Masters of Science degree currently as well.

Married my high school sweetheart. No kids.

Other interests include old cars. I currently own a restored 1985 Monte Carlo SS and a 1972 Monte Carlo that I like tinkering around with.

Beautiful family J!

Well I'm 29 going on 30 - married to my awesome wife (who always beats me at fantasy football) and I have 2 of the most amazing daughters anyone could ask for. I'm from ATL and I have been a Falcons fan since watching the 1998 NFC Championship with my dad (was UGA only before that). I'm a UGA Alumni and a huge homer for the Falcons, Hawks, Bulldawgs, and any ATL team. I work doing IT for the company that owns the ATL-based Nalley dealerships (the picture of me with Matt Ryan is from meeting him when he was at our Audi grand opening - he is Nalley's spokesman). Outside of sports I play drums in a band and play a ton of video games.

My name is Jake, born and raised and still currently live in Portland, OR. I'm 27 years old and getting married in July. I manage a Panera Bread for a living and I'm really into sports. My teams are the Portland Trail Blazers, Oregon State Beavs, San Francisco Giants, and of course the Dirty Birds. I know it's strange that I am a fan of this team yet live so far away. When I was a little kid, my family was/still is huge 49ers fans. While watching football with my dad one day, the 9ers were playing the Falcons at ATL. I thought the black jerseys were awesome and Andre Rison caught a really long TD pass from Chris Miller. From that point on, I was hooked. They've been my team ever since. Because of the old rivalry, I wish the divisions were the old ones back when we played SF twice a year. I play golf and bowl in free time and have been a member on this board since 2001. Attached a pic of myself and soon to be wife.

post-540912-0-25888900-1423237238_thumb.

I've been a member and been around here for several years. Although, I am usually lurking on here daily, I am not a frequent poster. I am 31 years old and I currently live and am from Kentucky. I have been a die-hard Falcons/Braves fan since I was about 8 years old. As a lad, I developed a heavy man-crush on Deion Sanders. I thought it was the coolest thing ever that he played 2 sports and as a result, I latched onto both teams. Other than that, I am also (of course) a HUGE UK fan. Go Cats!

I am married and have a 1 year old baby girl. My wife joined me in my Falcon fandom while we were dating. We drive down and attend a game at the dome every year and also attend any away game that happens to be not terribly far way (Cincy, Cleveland, Indy, TN). I work in QC at the supply chain office of Carhartt, an outdoor apparel company.

Most folks up in my area are Bengals fans because Cincy is only about 1.5 hours away. It's always nice being at the dome and actually being around people who share my love for this team. I am sure I probably get a lot of weird looks wearing my Falcons gear up here. If it's not Bengals gear, it's usually Patriots, Seahawks or Steelers (insert any other bandwagon team)gear. Not many of us around!

Also, here is a pic of me and my family.

post-194608-0-96793300-1423237459_thumb.

My name is Roger. I'm a radio DJ and plan on continuing my career into satellite radio once I'm finished with college. I started college late by attending Mizzou, and am now finishing up at the MU extension center in my home town. After I graduate with my bachelors in journalism this year, I plan on serving a mission for my church. I also have a beautiful girlfriend who I intend on calling my wife sometime in the near future.

I'm a Falcons fan above all things in life. I'm also a diehard Royals fan for baseball, and BYU fan for college sports. I really couldn't care less about the Missouri Tigers.

That's cool. I'm kinda striving to be a DJ just not a radio DJ. I like to make beats and stuff

My name is Jeremy. I turned 23 years old, December 23rd. I'm from Wilmington, NC. [i know...] My Dad is a die hard Dolphins fan. So when I was younger, I followed them. But I remember..the year was 2002..The Playoffs.. I saw a QB who was like no other in the league. The uniforms were really neat too, involving my favorite colors. [Red/Black/White] And..I was hooked as a Falcon fan from that moment. Have been ever since. I currently work at a Dunkin Donuts. I stay out of trouble..probably about to start college soon. Just figuring out what course to take. I have two Daughters. One is almost 6 months old, and one is 3 years old. Right now, we [and my babies Mom] live with my Parents, we had our own place for a year..but we didn't like the size. But we're actually about to get our own place again. Her and I are off-and-on..and I have a few..'options' but I feel waiting to see how well we get along living on our own, will tell a lot.

This is me, at the Falcons@CAR game this past year.

51c6ls.jpg" alt="51c6ls.jpg">

Here's my littlest Falcon Fan :)

24dmrub.jpg" alt="24dmrub.jpg">

and here's her big sis, who also cheers us on.

3358tjc.jpg

Here are a few of my babies Mom.

Here's her when she had red hair, and did some modeling not too long ago. \

mm7kh2.jpg

And this is her now, with Blonde hair.

1z5hyco.jpg

And no guys, I'm not trying to 'show off' [maybe a little] there'd be plenty of more pictures of just my Daughters here, but she's the one that takes a lot of pictures. When I'm with them we're playing haha.

But that's pretty much it.

Awesome thread. My name's Philip I'm 28 and married to an amazing woman who also is a Geoegia girl and Falcons fan and have two children, one boy and girl. (See profile pic for me and wife.) Born and raised in Cartersville, GA and have been here my entire life. I work in Law Enforcement in North GA and have been a member on these boards since '08. I do more lurking than posting, but like Pimp, if I have a different outlook than others, I'll let my opinion be known. I've been a sports fan for as long as I can remember. Falcons, Braves, Hawks and UGA. I do like FSU, because I like a lot of players that came from their college, but honestly I'm an NFL guy at heart and really dont get all that excited for college ball. Not a big party goer, I have a very small circle of friends and don't smoke at all, but I will have an occasional drink. I'm a family first guy, anything other than them comes second. Nice to meet yall!

My name is Ed. I'm spend my afternoons watching wheel of fortune and my absolute hero, Pat Sajak. Most evenings I relax by the fire and play some soothing melodies on the triangle. It's very therapeutic, I do say

family feud, love triangle, newlywed game and the chase fan here
Ironhead1956 likes this

My name is Luke, I am 23 years old. I grew up in Ohio and played linebacker at Boston College after that. I had to move to NC for my job, which really sucks because of all the Panther fan D-bags around haha. Huge Falcons fan and huge Matt Ryan fan. Where I work I am surrounded by nothing but a mix of lazy, spoiled divas and dangerous psychopaths. I work weekends, and I can't help but notice all the Falcon jerseys around, good for you guys. Think I have another year here before I can hopefully get down to Atlanta and out of this armpit of Charlotte.

ya_boi_j, JOEinPHX, CTann and 3 others like this

Well...since everyone else is doing it...

My name is Josh, born in Jackson Mississippi, raised in Mobile, Alabama (Taint territory). 35 years old, never married, no kids, multiple nieces and nephews. The oldest of 5 on my dad's side (3 different marriages) and the second of 3 on my mom's side (also 3 marriages). Huge sports fan since I was 8, started with THE Crimson Tide (no, I'm not one of those "Roll Tide" guys that say it to anybody who is wearing Bama gear) then I started playing football at a local park, mascot was the Falcons, Deion was my hero, thus began my love affair with the Dirty Birds. I played football all through my years until I graduated, playing just about every position along the way. After graduation I joined the Air Force and served 4 years in the Pacific Northwest (thus giving me a biased towards the Seahawks). While serving I was the coach of my squadron flag football team and (in my opinion) created the no-huddle spread offense attack that most college teams run nowadays. Currently, I am back home in Mobile and working at an air conditioning supply house.

I do party, I drink and smoke (cigs), bowl twice a week in league play and love karaoke.

Ironhead1956, Tandy, CTann and 4 others like this