• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I watched a few things since the last post. Hunt for the Wilderpeople This came out in 2016 and was written & directed by Tiaka Waititi (What We Do in the Shadows, Jojo Rabbit, Thor:Ragnarok, B

New DUNE trailer is out, looks epic.     

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2016 at 3:42 PM, mdrake34 said:

Well, @TheWitchMovie -- you just scared the living crap out of me. Good Lord. A ***** movie that I do NOT recommend for everyone.

I was going to go see this today until I read the reviews on fandango...they were terrible coming from the audience goers.  I'll see it another way instead.  

• 2 months later...

I can't shake the feeling that an Assassin's Creed movie is dumb. The whole appeal of the series is you get to experience detailed historical settings the genre would otherwise never touch. (I think the thousand year shadow war between Assasins and Templars, while a neat framing device is secondary) Historical movie dramas while maybe not as common as they used to be are still a dime a dozen. (Maybe a little more wire-fu in this one) On the plus side it should be easy to film. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

Finally watched Hateful 8. Enjoyed it, classic QT. Unfortunately, classic QT includes overuse of the N word. 

I laughed at the violence towards JJL's character, which made me feel badly afterwards, but throwing the stew in her face was pretty **** funny. She was fantastic in it.

I watched it too about a month ago. I've never understood his fascination with the N word. It was funny in Pulp Fiction refering to "storage" but it seems he's riding on the coattails of that in every movie after. With his movies, you get two things- blood and the N word. 

Jackie Brown was the best movie besides Pulp Fiction. Reservoir Dogs comes in third.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...