The Shotfather

The Movie Thread

425 posts in this topic

Yuuup. It's easily the best cast that has been assembled since The Departed.

I'd be there just for Chiwetel Ejiofore, but the rest is incredible as well.

I'd be there just for Chiwetel Ejiofore, but the rest is incredible as well.

Same. Ejiofore is one of the Top 5 actors going in the business today. He was fantastic in The Martian.

I can't wait to see him in Doctor Strange, along with Cumberbatch, Rachel McAdams, and Tilda Swinton. That in itself is a great cast.

Dem Birds likes this

Same. Ejiofore is one of the Top 5 actors going in the business today. He was fantastic in The Martian.

I can't wait to see him in Doctor Strange, along with Cumberbatch, Rachel McAdams, and Tilda Swinton. That in itself is a great cast.

I hadn't been paying much attention to that cast, that's fantastic. Tilda Swinton brings credibility to pretty much anything she's in.

I hadn't been paying much attention to that cast, that's fantastic. Tilda Swinton brings credibility to pretty much anything she's in.

Add Mads Mikkelsen to that already ridiculous cast. Edited by The Shotfather

We took our 2 and half year old son to his first movie back on Black Friday and saw The Good Dinosaur. Not that great compared to what Disney Pixar is known for, but he sat through the whole thing without making a peep. Well, almost. He was quite interested in the Alvin and the Chipmunks preview as he said "Mama, Dada!!" and pointed at the screen. He's seen the new Alvin and the Chipmunks show on tv and they just look horribly creepy! But as for The Good Dinosaur, typical Disney Pixar animation that I thought was really good (and in some scenes, life like), some heartfelt moments, but also some scenes that I was surprised to see. I'm used to some sort of innuendo in their movies, but this one just bypassed it all together in a couple of scenes and there it was. There didn't seem to be much of a story or plot line to the movie though.

Finally saw Kingsman. Some may recall how I ranted and raved about how they overplayed the previews, but I finally saw this on HBO and thoroughly enjoyed it. The fight scene in the church was unreal (literally, and figuratively).

Finally saw Kingsman. Some may recall how I ranted and raved about how they overplayed the previews, but I finally saw this on HBO and thoroughly enjoyed it. The fight scene in the church was unreal (literally, and figuratively).

Kingsmen was great! One of my pleasant surprises of 2015.

I watched "Child 44" last night, and despite a great cast (Tom Hardy, Noomi Rapace, Gary Oldman), it was pretty terrible. Could have been a very interesting movie, but it was just a mess.

Great acting and stellar cinematography. I was entertained the whole way through. I'd give it like a B+.

If I had to choose a best friend to journey through life with, I'm not sure who I'd pick between Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman.

Great acting and stellar cinematography. I was entertained the whole way through. I'd give it like a B+.

If I had to choose a best friend to journey through life with, I'm not sure who I'd pick between Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman.

scarlett_1984493i.jpg

giphy.gif

Billy Ocean likes this