The Shotfather

The Movie Thread

434 posts in this topic

This is the one I've been wanting to see. How was it?

Plans fell through with my buddy who has the movie, but then I found out it was recently added to Netflix streaming. I tried watching it, but got lost really quickly.

Because it's so relentlessly intense visually, it's hard to read the subtitles. You naturally want to watch what is happening.

I feel like I will need to watch it a few times focusing on the subtitles, and then once I'm really familiar with the story, I can hopefully watch the visuals & be able to take it all in.

Ex Machina was a really cool movie. Anybody see it?

Saw it in the theatre & liked it. Not mind blowing or a super original plot, but cool to see a big Hollywood movie made in the stylings of an early 70's sci-fi flick... slow pacing, minimal cast, minimal location, emphasis on emotion & psychology rather than constant explosions & over the top characters.

Correction for accuracy: Callum Lynch is the name of Fassbender's present-day character. The ancestor whose memories he will be re-living and the character pictured is named Aguilar, who is a 15th-Century Spanish assassin.

It's cool that they went with a completely unique story to kickstart the movie side of the Assassin's Creed franchise. I wouldn't mind some Easter Eggs or references to the characters from the games but I think it's smart to not handcuff themselves with the burden of adaptation. This is a story that is very hard to get wrong, and you could have a new protagonist for every single movie.

I'm hoping this movie and Warcraft will show studios that it's ok to do video game adaptations as long as you have people involved who know what the **** they're doing and understand the material instead of just trying to cash in on brand recognition with zero regard for the story they're telling.

Have already watched Fury Road twice since buying it on bluray to go along with the 2 times I saw it in the theater. Man, this ******* movie.

Finally rented Fury Road on blu ray. Not sure why I have a blu ray player or 55 inch wide screen tv if the ******* blu Ray still has black letter boxes and the picture doesn't fit the screen without zooming.