The Shotfather

The Movie Thread

433 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

Finally watched Hateful 8. Enjoyed it, classic QT. Unfortunately, classic QT includes overuse of the N word. 

I laughed at the violence towards JJL's character, which made me feel badly afterwards, but throwing the stew in her face was pretty **** funny. She was fantastic in it.

I watched it too about a month ago. I've never understood his fascination with the N word. It was funny in Pulp Fiction refering to "storage" but it seems he's riding on the coattails of that in every movie after. With his movies, you get two things- blood and the N word. 

Jackie Brown was the best movie besides Pulp Fiction. Reservoir Dogs comes in third.

On May 17, 2016 at 4:12 AM, Old Pappy falcon said:

Black mass! One of the best mobster movies in awhile! Depp played a he11 of a role.

Finally saw this, wasn't really impressed. 

On February 6, 2015 at 2:15 PM, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

The Imitation Game was incredible. The best movie I have seen in at least a year.

Finally watched this, fantastic movie. 

On Sunday, November 06, 2016 at 8:13 AM, WhenFalconsWin said:

Hacksaw Ridge, great movie.  Especially for those of you that are conscientious objectors.

That a big demographic? 

I got a couple people I know as extras in that.

I had never seen Synecdoche, New York until last night. Would recommend, unless you'd say that Magnolia or Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is the weirdest movie you've ever seen.

Maverick likes this

Loving v. Virginia

The movie is called "Loving", a case involving interracial marriage in Virginia in the late 1950s.  Pretty good movie, I wonder if any our resident lawyers are aware of the supreme court decision Loving V. Virginia 1967? 

12 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Loving v. Virginia

The movie is called "Loving", a case involving interracial marriage in Virginia in the late 1950s.  Pretty good movie, I wonder if any our resident lawyers are aware of the supreme court decision Loving V. Virginia 1967? 

That case is taught in every constitutional law class in the country. 

I finally watched Batman v Superman. Supermeh 

WhenFalconsWin likes this

5 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

That case is taught in every constitutional law class in the country. 

I finally watched Batman v Superman. Supermeh 

I thought would've thought that being a Supreme court case.  

18 hours ago, silentbob1272 said:

That looks pretty great

A lot of it was filmed in coastal Georgia, including downtown Brunswick, ~15 minutes from my house.

18 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

@Billy Ocean, will be seeing this one for sure.  I wish shot still posted here, he was a big fan of Affleck the director :(

Sometimes, when I was watching Westworld, I would think to myself, "I wonder what Headshot is hating about this show?"

btw Mall Rats and Dazed & Confused were Affleck's best work

AF89 and mdrake34 like this