T D Says Falcons Are Counting On Weatherspoon Return

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to see Quinn's term start off with a bad move like this, Spoon will inevitably be overpaid by TD and spend another season rehabbing alongside his buddy Willy Mo. Should go ahead and cut both of them fragile Mizzou boys loose and start fresh. If we don't commit to a rebuild even Quinn won't be able to help us. The one move away philosophy has grounded this team season after season, please don't let it happen again.

Ok...with our Falcons needing so many things, keeping a player like Weatherspoon who we know can play well here and just as importantly wants to be here, its almost a must. We already know that free agency has been almost as much of a crapshoot as the draft but the hit on our cap when a FA fails is just devastating. So we keep Spoon on that two year deal, say 7 million max, but tie all bonuses to appearance bonuses and\or number of snaps played like some here have mentioned. Then we get a vet OLB who is a pass rusher, or let Spoon be pass rusher and sign Malcolm Smith. Draft someone in the midrounds for MLB to compete with Worrilow and Spruill. Our LB corps is hopefully fixed, while we use our first three picks plus most our FA dollars on a couple of pass rushing DE\OLB players, RB, TE, OG and CB. Fix our team in one offseason, like was supposed to happen last off season.

Mid-Nite-Toker, Herr Doktor, hjerry, guys...replacing Spoon would cost us, one way or another, either signing another player to a good sized bonus or using a high pick. At least with Spoon the Falcons can have a vet who can play combined with a cap friendly deal if Spoon is hurt and is cut. One thing I know I do not want to see, is Spoon leaving here now, then signing with say NE or Seattle, staying healthy and playing well. There have been far too many former Falcons who played in the Super Bowl...I don't want to see Spoon added to that list when he could help us right here.

I hear you clownorg...the thing about our LBs is, we really do not know exactly what we have. TD drafting so many LBs last draft left us with a lot of untested and unknown players. Right now we have Spoon, Worrilow, Shembo, Bartu, Starr, Stupar and Spruill. Quinn does not even have gamefilm on a lot of these guys. And who knows how much some of these young players might be improved after a season in the pros? Its gonna be interesting that is for sure...

I hear you clownorg...the thing about our LBs is, we really do not know exactly what we have. TD drafting so many LBs last draft left us with a lot of untested and unknown players. Right now we have Spoon, Worrilow, Shembo, Bartu, Starr, Stupar and Spruill. Quinn does not even have gamefilm on a lot of these guys. And who knows how much some of these young players might be improved after a season in the pros? Its gonna be interesting that is for sure...

Game film will have to come from the college on half of these guys.

TD is still calling the shots whether you like it or not. My caution with this is TD's flair for mediocrity. He has by some built one of the most talent depleted roster's in the NFL. His Scouting Staff evaluations in the past. I'm not a TD hater, everyone misses. I just hope TD has learned a valuable lesson and he is due to have a GREAT off season.

TD is still calling the shots whether you like it or not. My caution with this is TD's flair for mediocrity. He has by some built one of the most talent depleted roster's in the NFL. His Scouting Staff evaluations in the past. I'm not a TD hater, everyone misses. I just hope TD has learned a valuable lesson and he is due to have a GREAT off season.

He's also next in line behind Smitty huh.png