Quinn: "the Biggest Thing For Me Is Sacking The Qb"

Quarterback

Did he say that? I thought he said something to the tune that sacks don't matter, but disrupting the QB was the big deal. I could be way off.

No. You're right. He said the goal was to always disrupt the quarterback. Whether that was rushing him, getting him off his spot or sacking him. He said sacks are the most critical on third downs but never said it was "his biggest thing"

He did not say that, but he also did not say that Sacks were overrated like our previous coach. He said that he cared more about getting the QB off his game, which includes Sacks, hits, pressures, etc. It is similar to what smitty said, but unlike smitty, I do not think he is going to ignore sacks and act like they are meaningless. It just means that for Quinn, they are apart of an equation which the product is getting the opposing Qb off his game.

He did not say that, but he also did not say that Sacks were overrated like our previous coach. He said that he cared more about getting the QB off his game, which includes Sacks, hits, pressures, etc. It is similar to what smitty said, but unlike smitty, I do not think he is going to ignore sacks and act like they are meaningless. It just means that for Quinn, they are apart of an equation which the product is getting the opposing Qb off his game.

Quinn would put more pass rushers on the field to get after the QB than put more DTs on the field to stop the run.

Okay, for the record, at the 21:25 mark of his introductory press conference he said specifically, "...the biggest thing for us is affecting the QB by putting hits on him, moving him off his spot, and sacks, particularly on 3rd downs." He was speaking pretty quickly and I interpreted this as a much more aggressive approach on opposing QB's than our last regime; certainly his Seahawks exemplified this and this, more than any of his words, validates his approach. I should have replayed it to make sure but I guess I heard what I wanted to hear...LOL!

Sorry for the misquote...no harm or intentional misleading intended.

Didn't he say something like " sacks on 3rd down, mean you are getting off the field "?

Yep. He used the word affect. And he said sacks on 3rd down. Saying you want to affect the qb is the same as saying, "sacks are overrated" to me

Edited by Shef