Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SacFalcFan

February 2015 Uga Recruiting Thread

UGA didn't know he was leaving until after signing day. Richt is about transparency when it comes to recruiting and these kids future.

You really think that? If anything, UGA knew he was interviewing and there was a strong possibility he'd be gone. That is info that was not made public for obvious reasons. Come on now.

You really think that? If anything, UGA knew he was interviewing and there was a strong possibility he'd be gone. That is info that was not made public for obvious reasons. Come on now.

I absolutely don't believe Richt knew that Belin was leaving.

It was was well known when Garner was talking to other teams right around signing day.

I absolutely don't believe Richt knew that Belin was leaving.

It was was well known when Garner was talking to other teams right around signing day.

So you think that Richt would have blown the whistle on Belin leaving had he known prior to NSD (which he did) so that a group of players committed to Georgia (including one Alec Ogletree) wouldn't get their feelings hurt and would be free to jump?

So you think that Richt would have blown the whistle on Belin leaving had he known prior to NSD (which he did) so that a group of players committed to Georgia (including one Alec Ogletree) wouldn't get their feelings hurt and would be free to jump?

If he knew, then it's a crappy on his part. And Ogletree wasn't in that class.

End of day it's a business and Ulbrich could be angling for more cash and who could blame him. Unlike the players he's not in this for free. However I hope he's headed to Atlanta.

you are not informed regarding warren. the uga staff had no idea he was leaving.. warren was in athens for just a year and he talked with carolina and worked out a deal and basically told the staff on his out of town he was gone. so before you start and make crap up about CMR you need to know your facts about it. you have sleaze balls like jim mora who know full well his coach is leaving far enough in advance to make players aware of it and he doesn't. it's dishonest period for coaches to do that and while it does happen it's not something that should happen or does happen all of the time. Ulbrich has a house under contract in Atlanta and jim mora mislead players period. don't excuse his pathetic actions with the oh every does it comments.. it's wrong period.

At this point, it seems awkward if RS were to come to Athens.

why would it be awkward? i don't really care how we get him.on campus as long as we do. it was 50/50 he said and if losing a coach puts us in the advantage why the heck not.. i hope we get him and he has a great career in athens.

why would it be awkward? i don't really care how we get him.on campus as long as we do. it was 50/50 he said and if losing a coach puts us in the advantage why the heck not.. i hope we get him and he has a great career in athens.

I want him for sure, but the waiting process almost makes it feel as if he wants to be elsewhere and he's just settling.

Just like most of Dawgnation has done, I've put a cap on this class. It's easy to read between the lines on Smith's recruitment, wish him success somewhere out of state.

concerning Belin; there is a huge difference between a first line supervisor (position coach) leaving an organization and a a division manager ( defensive coordinator) leaving.

Just like most of Dawgnation has done, I've put a cap on this class. It's easy to read between the lines on Smith's recruitment, wish him success somewhere out of state.

Pretty much same here. If UGA is 55/45 when you wake up and you almost committed there but didn't, then yesterday unfolds the way it did, and you open up your recruitment to teams that weren't even in that final 2 ... something is going on. In retrospect, Smith's been really quiet the whole way and no one really had a good read on him. It seems like there's more at play behind the scenes and he just wants to get out of Dodge. Why else would a player of that level want to play for Mora and UCLA, basically ensuring they'll never really compete for anything?

Pretty much same here. If UGA is 55/45 when you wake up and you almost committed there but didn't, then yesterday unfolds the way it did, and you open up your recruitment to teams that weren't even in that final 2 ... something is going on. In retrospect, Smith's been really quiet the whole way and no one really had a good read on him. It seems like there's more at play behind the scenes and he just wants to get out of Dodge. Why else would a player of that level want to play for Mora and UCLA, basically ensuring they'll never really compete for anything?

like I have said several times already, if Smith truly was lookin' at UGA or UCLA and those were the top 2 - then he probably would have signed yesterday at UGA, right?

I agree, there is "some reason" why it seems like Roquan wants to go out of state. I don't buy the "Todd Grantham did not recruit/like me" stuff - Who the F cares about Todd Freakin' Grantham - he is no longer w/ UGA and he is an a-hole - quite opposite of Pruitt.

But he developed a stronger relationship with the UCLA DC versus Pruitt which is why he chose UCLA. This kid is making a huge decision about where to spend the next 3-5 years of his life so if he needs a few more days to decide then by all means take it. I can't imagine what I would've done if they school and coach I was most interested in withheld info about him leaving. I'm just glad he didn't send in his LOI only to find out later that his DC/lead recruiter/position coach was leaving the whole time.

But he developed a stronger relationship with the UCLA DC versus Pruitt which is why he chose UCLA. This kid is making a huge decision about where to spend the next 3-5 years of his life so if he needs a few more days to decide then by all means take it. I can't imagine what I would've done if they school and coach I was most interested in withheld info about him leaving. I'm just glad he didn't send in his LOI only to find out later that his DC/lead recruiter/position coach was leaving the whole time.

my point is, the kid was saying "my head is w/ UCLA and my heart with UGA" - that is likely not true if now he has to open up recruitment to all other schools.

the kid can go whereever he wants and make sure he likes his decision before he makes it.

yep. roquan developed a great relationship with their dc and it was very very important to him. it will probably take him a few days to come to a final decision. this is a tough decision.. like Godwin said it's a life altering decision.

my point is, the kid was saying "my head is w/ UCLA and my heart with UGA" - that is likely not true if now he has to open up recruitment to all other schools.

the kid can go whereever he wants and make sure he likes his decision before he makes it.

that was misreported.. don't blame roquan for that.. blame reporters for that.. roquan is down to 2 schools still in uga and ucla..

I love this pic

3413538.jpg

that was his dad's idea.. lol chad simmons kept giving him crap (good natured) about saying he is 100% uga and yet still looking around.. lol he used up sooooo much of gus malzahn's time.. some very valuable time..

Any one else remember Urban lost a coach at UF right before signing day and "hired" an NFL coach who left right after signing day. Now that's sleazy.

yep.. the 2nd dc went to the buffalo bills right after nsd.. yep that was toward his year in florida.

Though most players don’t realize it, they do not have to sign the NLI to receive a scholarship. They need only sign a financial aid agreement at their chosen school. The financial aid paperwork provides (almost) the same guarantee of a scholarship as the NLI, but unlike the NLI, it doesn’t strip the player of the only leverage he’ll have until he graduates from college.

Why is the NLI the worst contract in American sports? It requires players to sign away their right to be recruited by other schools. If they don’t enroll at the school with which they signed, they forfeit a year of eligibility. Not a redshirt year, but one of their four years to play. In return, the NLI guarantees the player nothing.

Sure, the NLI claims to guarantee a scholarship, but that simply isn’t true. That is contingent on the player being admitted to the school and on the football program staying below the 85-scholarship limit. A school can dump the player at any point between Signing Day and preseason camp, and he would have no recourse. This guarantee is no different than the one on a conference-approved financial aid form, but it costs the player something the financial aid agreement does not.

- Why prized recruits should refuse to sign the NLI

~~~~~~~

Roquan Smith won’t sign LOI with new school, per coach