Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D-Byrdz 4 Life

In Before All The Quinn Haters Start

GB nearly took them out for the exact same reasons that they lost tonight. NE had roughly as good of an offense, but with a better defense. I wouldn't be surprised to see Seattle take a WR with their first pick this year.

That was a real issue.

Just in case you're interested in the facts behind my post, a link I posted a while back, you'll see first time head coaches don't have the odds in their favor... http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/1/9/7519139/searching-for-the-profile-of-a-successful-nfl-head-coach

When you gotta use special random formulas instead of straight wins and loses, then you are pushing an agenda, which the authors does by using the pythagorean win percentage vs real win percentage. Also ask yourself how many SBs were won by retreads vs fresh HCs.

Not only that, but read the conclusion that your author had about the profile of successful coaches.

But again, thats stretching things quite a bit. As far as I can tell, the profile for a successful NFL head coach doesnt really exist. The best coaches come from a variety of different backgrounds and experiences, and from the research Ive seen (combined with my own), theres very little in the way of measurable data currently available that can help us predict NFL head coaching success with any more reliability than a coin flip.

When he looked at HC with a win percentage over .560

I narrowed our sample to coaches that went on to have a Pythagorean win percentage of .560 or higher, while also putting together multiple winning seasons during their tenure. This gave us 27 coaches to work with. Yet, even our top tier of coaches come from a variety of backgrounds and circumstances in the years leading up to their hire.

Theres an even split between coaches with offensive and defensive backgrounds (plus that Harbaugh fellow with the weird special teams background). Same for retreads (14) and first-time head coaches (13). Most were coordinators (17) in their job immediately preceding their hire as head coach, but thats true of all hires.

Your argument of Quinn is a rookie HC and is therefore going to fail is bull.

Thanks for playing. Good night.

I'm not a Quinn hater at all. But just curious why do we all think he'll be so special given the talent he is acquiring as compared to the talent he was coaching?

I don't wish to be rude or to troll your board.....

When we hired Spags some people in our fan base thought our DL would suddenly become the 07 Giants, just like some think Quinn will suddenly turn your secondary into the LOB overnight...

After what we learned from the Spags debacle, you MUST have the players

Alford, Tru, Hageman, and Worrilow are a good start for DQ to work with

When we hired Spags some people in our fan base thought our DL would suddenly become the 07 Giants, just like some think Quinn will suddenly turn your secondary into the LOB overnight...

Good post and VERY true!!!

If you're using this as your barometer for Quinn, get over yourself. The man's defense was playing strong until they were on the field almost 10 minutes in the fourth quarter. Hard to win when you're gassed.

They caused two turnovers. They held stout for the most part until they didn't. The offense didn't help them much in the fourth quarter.

That's what I was asking too..

I'm not a Quinn hater at all. But just curious why do we all think he'll be so special given the talent he is acquiring as compared to the talent he was coaching?

Did you see how the Seahawks tackled?

How, except for a couple of plays, there was NO serious YAC? Did you see them in the proper position to make plays all night long? didn't make all of them, but the other team deserves some credit.

Did you see how the Patriots moved the ball up and down the field in the first half, while the Seattle offense did nothing for the first quarter and half & that the Seahwaks offense was able to tie the score late anyway?

Did you see how the Seahawks shut down the Pats run game?How the Pats had no pass plays over 25 yards and only 2 over 20 yards?

Did you notice how many players were injured for the Seahawks, both before and during the game?

Did you notice the excellent field position the Seahawks offense gave the Patriots?

Those are things that didn't happen under Smith, we can reasonably expect them to happen here- particurally the tackling and being in position to make plays.

If you're using this as your barometer for Quinn, get over yourself. The man's defense was playing strong until they were on the field almost 10 minutes in the fourth quarter. Hard to win when you're gassed.

They caused two turnovers. They held stout for the most part until they didn't. The offense didn't help them much in the fourth quarter.

Losing Cliff Avril was huge.

When you gotta use special random formulas instead of straight wins and loses, then you are pushing an agenda, which the authors does by using the pythagorean win percentage vs real win percentage. Also ask yourself how many SBs were won by retreads vs fresh HCs.Not only that, but read the conclusion that your author had about the profile of successful coaches.When he looked at HC with a win percentage over .560Your argument of Quinn is a rookie HC and is therefore going to fail is bull.Thanks for playing. Good night.

So my initial assessment was true after all. You can't read.

Against the Pats, the most you can do is hold them at bay.

When your offense goes 3 and out half the time, they are eventually going to kick the friggin door down.

Cant put that one on the DC. They forced 2 turn overs and set up the game winning drive. offense failed them.

So my initial assessment was true after all. You can't read.

It is okay to be butthurt when someone owns you with your own information. You were better off calling it a night. next time no more Posting under the influence.

He called a good game to me. The patriots dinked and dunked up and down the field. They created mismatches with their speedy slot receivers and exploited them all night. And yes there were multiple times they got Brady off the field only to see the offense give it right back 3 plays later.

They also lost a couple of guys to injury, and even if they didn't do as well as some would like in terms of pts given up, they picked off Brady twice. Hard to argue Quinn didn't put his dudes in the right position to make plays.

Everyone is so disgusted with Smittyball that there's a lot of talk about scheme, but what I'm hoping Quinn brings is talent recognition. I think that is more important than anything else when it comes to the shat show we call our defense.

It is okay to be butthurt when someone owns you with your own information. You were better off calling it a night. next time no more Posting under the influence.

I've seen this bozo's 7th grade material before. He's either a raging alchoholic (read: every post he makes is stupid), or he was clubbed about the head at a very young age. He doesn't post unless it's some cynical crybaby BS. If you're super bored, try to dig up a post of his that had a point, any useful information, or something positive about any player or coach. He should be punched in the face with an ice skate, but this world rarely has justice, so that probably won't happen.

He called a good game. Bevell did not.

Exactly. How you can put this on Quinn is beyond me. Swift came on my Twitter talkin that mess about Quinn. It's like nobody wants to see the game for what it was but only to hate on Quinn either if you didn't want him or because he's gonna be the next hc. It ain't like Brady ain't one of the greatest qb's of all time for starters. We wouldn't even be having this discussion if they didn't get cute on the gl and just run lynch all 4 downs for the win.

He did.

Seattle's 2nd half drives ended with a FG, TD, punt, punt, punt and INT. New England's ended with an INT, punt, punt, TD, TD and victory kneel.

So New England got 1 more stop than Seattle did, each got an INT, and New England also forced only one more punt than Seattle.

Now, to be fair, 2 of New England's drives went 3 and out (one of them ended on an INT, not a punt), while 3 of Seattle's were. But by the same token, Seattle was knocking on the door when their INT occurred, and one of New England's drives was a 6 and out -- they got a first down and then had to punt on the 2nd set of downs. The reality is Seattle scored early and got stops early, and New England showed up in the 4th quarter to take the lead. Seattle's offense was far more of a story, IMHO, than their defense. Neither defense played poorly.